FFXI

Should I try FFXI?

• Total voters

Zed

Spammer
Reaction score
Wassup all,

Well recently a few of my friends have been hounding me to give FFXI a try, and Ive been tempted, but theres a few things holding me back:
1- The massive ammounts of time I already have invested into EQ
2- The obvious non newbie friendlyness of FFXI (similar to EQ as new players are pretty much faqed)

Basically I want to know a few things:

1- Which platform is better to play on PS2 or PC?
2- Do both platforms mingle with each other? (As in do PS2 players play with PC players)
3- What are the odds of trading my EQ accts for either gil or a FFXI acct? (I can edit this post later with my accts specs if necessary)
4- Is it worth playing ultimately?

Thanks and I appreciate any comments/input

1. If I had to chose a platform, I always go with the PC.
2. Yes, you do.
3. Probably not good, not many americans playing FFXI.
4. No.

I played this for 2 years. It was a fun distraction, but thats all it was. I invested a shitload of time into the game and maxxed out many jobs. Raiding is very hard to do if your not of an asian backround and pretty much all of the english speaking people are gone. The higher tier of this game is owned by the Asian community, and it becomes pretty hard to find groups for exp and quests such as genkai. I would advise against joining it, because what drove me to leave was the inability to advance due to not understanding the asian languages.

Anthrax

I ran a linkshell (guild) on this game for about 2 years. As Anthrax said it's an ok game but the language barrier even with the translation tool (which takes a lot of time to get used to) still presents a lot of issues. It's an ok game but once the expansion went in it stopped being fun. Just my opinion.

Any other opinions out there? Main reason why Im tempted is cause I have a couple friends that ave some sick toons (I guess) one buddy has a 75 ranger with like every job maxed and another friend has offered to plvl me with her 75 white mage....

Hmmm....

Takes a VERY long time to get up that high, and soloing after about 10 levels(class dependant) soloing ends. You thought LFG on EQ was bad?

Give it a shot, see what you think if nothing else. It's $1 per toon if you want to make addition charectars. Get in your mind ahead of time what you want to play (seriously).

God this is making me wanna go back to the game. Good thing I lost all my info :)

Last edited:
Regardless of what other people feel about a game you should always give it a try yourself.