F*&k the Barracuda

xcheck

Go Blue!
Reaction score
Well, it's official - mmobugs.com has been added to the "Barracuda Spam Firewall" black list of domains.

I guess you've really come of age when you make this list.

For those of you who don't know, this Barracuda thing claims to be a anti-spyware/spam device to protect a companies' network.

In reality, it's nothing more than a way for a tiny-dicked turd licking son of a bitch IT manager to dictate to others how they spend their day. I'm sure he's sitting there, looking for a way to flex his epeen and impose his will on others. Of course, he's exempt from the blacklist, but the liar claims that "there's no way to give selective access to different people"; although the user manual says otherwise.

Lucky for me, I am a bit more clever than he.

The Surrogafier is a free web proxy script that runs on any php web site. It requires no set up or installation. It will allow you to visit and surf normally, almost any web site out there. It's clean, but not as powerful as....

PHProxy is another free web proxy script that will run on any php server. Again, it requires no set up or installation, and works with most web sites, unless it has xsl style sheets attached (like the WoW armory)

• Go to 1and1.com, and buy a new basic php package for the entire year - 4 bucks a month.
  • Get a few of domains for 12.00
  • Upload the page/script and viola! Revel in knowing that the piece of shit corporate establishment was just bent over.

Split the cost with a couple of friends. Make the page password protected.

Do Not:

ALL ABOUT ABE DOT COM

Hmm, got the domain and the webspace... need to see if I can get Surrogafier running on it...

Edit: xcheck <3 it worked! Can browse shit at work now with no problems!

WOoooot!!

I'm glad you got it to work. It's not really that tough, but make sure you have something on the home page of your launching site that looks innocent. I added RSS feeds to mine, along with some search engines to make it look like a crappy portal site.

Here's another tip to avoid detection from the sons of bitches:

If your place of employ has a corporate website that's unique to your company, or a training site for a third party vendor, for example:

Code:
http://www.insurancetraining.com

You could/should create at least one domain like:

Code:
www.insurancetraiining.com

A lot of times an IT person, when reviewing the log, looking for someone's morale to detroy, will see that domain with the typical heavy traffic, and just skim over it.

It also works with dashes, numbers, and what not.

Code:
www.insurance-traiining.com
or whatever

Last edited:
Hrm, have a proxy server set up outside tied to an IP address, but this might be another way around the Security dicks in our co...

If you have Windows XP pro, you could set up your pc as a web server, forward the proper ports from your router, then install all the PHP stuff.

Then use your home IP as the proxy. It'd be much slower, but completely free.

Plus, you'd have a dynamic ip address, which would be harder for a url/ip based morale killing box to block consistently.

Heh running into problems with sites that require cookies not loading properly, if at all =\ esp. sites /w logins.

Running XP Pro, but actually I'm using Netproxy for the software rather than WinBlows directly.

Plus my cable co seems to keep my IP lease fairly long.

That brings me to a n00b question...

I've got an IP address, and I've got a hostname for my machine behind that address, but is there an actual FQDN that should tie the two together?

I've never been able to figure this part out.

hmmm

there are very few sites i've run into that had problems...when it did, i just used the phproxy and it worked.

sometimes you need try different variations of teh check box options:
Code:
	 Persistent URL Form
 	 Remove Cookies
 	 Remove Referer Field
 	 Remove Scripts (JS, VBS, etc)
 	 Remove Objects (Flash, Java, etc)
 	 Encrypt URLs
 	 Encrypt Cookies

but I'd just first try phproxy before I went that far.

what's the site you can't log into? if you don't want to answer, no worries

Running XP Pro, but actually I'm using Netproxy for the software rather than WinBlows directly.

Plus my cable co seems to keep my IP lease fairly long.

That brings me to a n00b question...

I've got an IP address, and I've got a hostname for my machine behind that address, but is there an actual FQDN that should tie the two together?

I've never been able to figure this part out.

i just used my own IP address, never needed a domain name.

it was a while ago when I set up my XP as a server though; so maybe someone else here has a better idea.

Pfft fine to answer, trying to log into Somethingawful.com it works if i dont log in but the second i log in all the forums disappear and the site just kinda stares at me blankly.

You can use one of the dynamic dns services. I have used dyndns.org for years. Most of the newer routers will actually automatically update the info for your public IP if it changes. So instead of remembering the IP address, I just use nightmare.dydns.org (not an actual domain) to reach the house. I just manually update it if it changes. Even a manual update only takes a minute or so, as all you do is just log in to the dyndns server from that IP address and it once you get into the update screen it automatically picks up the public IP address where you are logging in from.

Im one of those macho IT dicks thank you !!

But im at a school, these PC's are provided for the students to use for learning.. not for looking at myspace / playing motorbike games.

Im pretty strict with what I filter for the kids, but staff have access to alot more content - simply because they are adults and I believe mature enough to limit themselves etc...

But thanks for the link, never though of a PHP Proxy setup.

Too bad I just set off a heap of alarms trying to look at the websites for PHP Proxy / The Surrogafier... hehehe

I love school IT's they cant block shit....i was the one in school constantly with proxy links that worked and they wouldnt find untill some dickhead decided to tell everyoen and there mom. if i was to get a php i would use to fish myspace passwords so i can fuck with friends =)

Every school is different, I grew up playing with computers and was expelled from two schools because of things todo with computers, so I sure as hell know what to do to keep the kids at bay :)

I also get daily reports by year level who visits what sites etc, but since I have been sys admin and have been using a blacklist website to get my block lists from there has not been much I have had to manually block.

One of the schools I was working at recently got the lists of sites visited and found the teachers had more inappropriate websites than the kids. They put the lists on the wall in the staffroom so everyone could see who had been looking at rude stuff at work. Embarrassing :p

Another way around I have found at work is https://secure.logmein.com/home.asp?lang=en

The free access isn't to bad. Its kind of nice to surf at home thru it and can download stuff to my home pc also. It wont alow me to see eq stuff on the screen though :(

Figured I would share this with everyone.