experience in CoTF tasks/missions?

aspire2008

Iftw
Reaction score
What task, quests or missions in CotF yield the most exp? Anything like 8-10 AA out there? Amount of AA given out at level 100 would be helpful

This could be a useful thread. I'm going to test some missions as part of my "Max Out 100" program in advance of the coming xpac.

For comparison purposes, for a level 100 with 5-12k AA's doing the two level 90 hotzone dailies nets me about 9-10% reg XP or 15 AA's. That includes killing the 10 target mobs plus a few adds and is without LoTD or any XP pots.

It's good XP with the only downside being it's limited to once every 18 hours.

Gonna do Into the Hills HA task and see what that generates for reg XP. I've only been doing it for AA's up until now.

Last edited:
Yep exactly the reason why I wanted to know which yields the most AA (basing it of AA as a gauge, instead of regular exp). I haven't done dailies in years, do you get a task reward window or does it autogrant the experience upon completion? You'd want tasks/missions that you can bank upto 10.

Also, I'm making the assumption the amt of exp given out is equivalent whether you take the AA as reward or regular exp as a reward.

Last edited:
Dailies give a task reward window. So you can bank about 18% of level 101 with the two level 90 tasks, assuming XP rate doesn't scale down TOO much at 101.

You can also do this with lower tasks, like 85, 80 and below. I used to do the 85 task to get 3 AA's at 100 but got tired of doing it since it's barely worth the time. Lots of quick ways to get 3 AA's. I don't know how much reg XP it would bank but I'd guess 4% of a level or less.

Heroic mission Into the Hills in Dead Hills:

Level 100 toon with 5000+AA's got 8% reg XP for the killing (about 50 mobs) and then 3% reg XP for completing the mission. So not too generous to bank into 101 for the xpac.

Same mission gave 10 AAs for the killing and 6 AA's for the task completion.

This was without any XP-boosting.

Alas, if only there were more "dailies" for 90+! Anyone know if the new xpac will add a couple of dailies for 95 or 100? That would be nice!

Great info Siege.

I think you can do the dailies over and over can't you and just bank 10 of the same tasks? You'd have to wait for the 18 hour lock out timer to reget the 2 same tasks, and redo them, and bank 2 more task reward windows that way. Unless dailies are different somehow, thats how I did it in the past with other tasks with lockout timers.

Hero missions yield the most experience do they not?

Heroic mission Into the Hills in Dead Hills:

Level 100 toon with 5000+AA's got 8% reg XP for the killing (about 50 mobs) and then 3% reg XP for completing the mission. So not too generous to bank into 101 for the xpac.
Remember that all banked task rewards were set to yield no-xp when RoF (which raised the level to 100) was launched. I would assume they will do the same thing again. So don't bank any task rewards.

Actually the dailies give you the XP upon completion, the task reward is the armor piece. So banking those really doesn't really do anything.

For those who are buying The Darkened Sea expansion and planning on leveling fast post level 100, pre-CotF tasks, rewards, mobs are going to give you crappy experience.

They are also implementing 6 lockout timers on HA's, may have to adjust some of those afk macros.

As we move into The Darkened Sea, we've made a few changes to ensure that adventuring in the newest content will be the best way to gain experience to advance their characters in both levels and AA points. Playing in the newest content should always be the most attractive, and demolishing content from several expansions ago should not be the fastest way to advance your character.

Once you hit level 101, content released prior to Call of the Forsaken will grant less experience. This includes tasks, rewards, and farming NPCs. If you’re currently planning on banking rewards and tasks from pre-Call of the Forsaken content to help level through The Darkened Sea, you will likely find the rewards to be less-than-awesome once you ding 101. We encourage you to participate in the newest content, and find places in The Darkened Sea to adventure with your friends.

Each Heroic Adventure Will Have a 6-Hour Lock Out

Heroic Adventures are great because they offer scaling content to players of a variety of levels. This content has a long shelf life for players since it can be accessed by players of a wide range of levels.

It’s not really a fun experience to sit in one Heroic Adventure for hours and days at a time, grinding experience to advance a character. Adventure is all about going out into the world of Norrath and doing things! To address this, once The Darkened Sea launches we have placed a lock out of 6-hours on each Heroic Adventure. Our goal is to reward players that explore more of the content, without punishing the players that prefer running a few Heroic Adventures a day with their friends.

For those who are buying The Darkened Sea expansion and planning on leveling fast post level 100, pre-CotF tasks, rewards, mobs are going to give you crappy experience.

They are also implementing 6 lockout timers on HA's, may have to adjust some of those afk macros.

As we move into The Darkened Sea, we've made a few changes to ensure that adventuring in the newest content will be the best way to gain experience to advance their characters in both levels and AA points. Playing in the newest content should always be the most attractive, and demolishing content from several expansions ago should not be the fastest way to advance your character.

Once you hit level 101, content released prior to Call of the Forsaken will grant less experience. This includes tasks, rewards, and farming NPCs. If you’re currently planning on banking rewards and tasks from pre-Call of the Forsaken content to help level through The Darkened Sea, you will likely find the rewards to be less-than-awesome once you ding 101. We encourage you to participate in the newest content, and find places in The Darkened Sea to adventure with your friends.

Each Heroic Adventure Will Have a 6-Hour Lock Out

Heroic Adventures are great because they offer scaling content to players of a variety of levels. This content has a long shelf life for players since it can be accessed by players of a wide range of levels.

It’s not really a fun experience to sit in one Heroic Adventure for hours and days at a time, grinding experience to advance a character. Adventure is all about going out into the world of Norrath and doing things! To address this, once The Darkened Sea launches we have placed a lock out of 6-hours on each Heroic Adventure. Our goal is to reward players that explore more of the content, without punishing the players that prefer running a few Heroic Adventures a day with their friends.

Makes it annoying but we can always code this to do every heroic in dead hills instead of just one. How many are in Dead hills 9 ? At 30-40m each seems like it could work.

That much work though it would take me months to write and test and get working properly. Might not be worth it.

Last edited:
Just quit before the task completes and gives the lockout.

I thought you have to complete the whole task to get rewarded marks? Also don't forget namers happen after task lock, saves you like 960 (6 to 7 task runs) marks of valor if you can get the item of a namer.

I'm still new to this whole HA thing, just started doing them couple of weeks ago. Curious whats the min level you can get it? Wonder if I could slaughter it fast with a level 50 twink crew.

I thought you have to complete the whole task to get rewarded marks? Also don't forget namers happen after task lock, saves you like 960 (6 to 7 task runs) marks of valor if you can get the item of a namer.

I'm still new to this whole HA thing, just started doing them couple of weeks ago. Curious whats the min level you can get it? Wonder if I could slaughter it fast with a level 50 twink crew.

Minimum level is 5, I believe

And you still earn Marks for that?!

F... If money wasn't an object I'd buy cotf now and spend the next however many weeks leveling from where I am to 100 doing nothing but HAs (assuming my 70k hp/8.2k AC buffed sk could tank that crap).

Min level for HAs is 85.
They take the level of the highest group member and scale the mobs from base of 85 (ie the mobs will be intended to be 84,85,86,87 when the player is 85), to any level thru 100 (maybe 105, cba to log in and check beta).
Player is 95? add 10 to each mob's level.

(or maybe base of 100 and take away the difference, mobs designed as 98,99,100,101,102 and reduce their level).

You don't get the currency or completion xp, unless you actually complete the HA's final step. You get told "hey you achieved step X you will get more currency at the end" as you progress, but only receive it at the last step.

That's why the original poster suggested cycling through the various HAs in one start zone, so you get kill xp progressing through, completion xp at the end, currency at the end - and a 6h lockout for that HA in the new xpack. Then move to the next HA.

Just doing the xp mobs in a HA, then resetting before the lockout ... possible, and gets you out of public zones, but very traceable and easy to see you are doing this from minimal server side log analysis.

Just doing the xp mobs in a HA, then resetting before the lockout ... possible, and gets you out of public zones, but very traceable and easy to see you are doing this from minimal server side log analysis.

And something that I suspect a lot of people will do who are legit, as well.

I haven't run through the deadhills one yet that everyone keeps exploiting. I'm still farming the namers in the Ethernere ones. My goal is to go completely non-Prestige on all my toons, which is going to take months. Although, my tank and puller I might keep on prestige gear.

I haven't run through the deadhills one yet that everyone keeps exploiting. I'm still farming the namers in the Ethernere ones. My goal is to go completely non-Prestige on all my toons, which is going to take months. Although, my tank and puller I might keep on prestige gear.

That's what I do tank keeps all access. You don't need it for healers and caster dps. Melee dps it helps but its not needed.

I haven't run through the deadhills one yet that everyone keeps exploiting. I'm still farming

I don't know of anyone actually exploiting it .. just that it is the simplest instance, with little variation in the steps - and then it's still very linear.
If you don't mind 2 or 3 mobs in camp, you can literally just proximity / bodypull it all.

Even single pull via lull or whatever is not that difficult across the variations.

It's most definitely not the best xp or currency rewards for HAs, but it's very straightforward.

Some of the other HAs are awful for boxing, map-wise (bixie ones), and some seem to have step variations intended to mess up macroing specifically (HAs where they have 50 mobs on aggro list, but all with minimal hp).