Evershawn's Secure your station account 100% for life Guide - Discussion Thread

Terin01

Reaction score
quickest way to secure account is just to buy your own account and character transfer over to that isn't it?

Its really not that hard i'v done it with many of my accounts. If you have the secret question, Call SOE ask them you would like to change secret question and answer to what ya want. All they ask is what is the current CC on file that is being used on that last subscription paid for.

It makes it safe no matter what ya do. If someone tries to call of soe to change pw or email or anything related to the account they will ask for the New secret question answer. WOW real hard.

not quite

Its really not that hard i'v done it with many of my accounts. If you have the secret question, Call SOE ask them you would like to change secret question and answer to what ya want. All they ask is what is the current CC on file that is being used on that last subscription paid for.

It makes it safe no matter what ya do. If someone tries to call of soe to change pw or email or anything related to the account they will ask for the New secret question answer. WOW real hard.

Since he helped me secure an account I bought from him, I wont say what or how, but I will say it was MUCH more effective than what you threw up there. That's essentially crap and not that much safer than putting saran wrap over your nipples before going into battle. If it were merely getting the secret Question changed he would not be charging. Really wish I could go into detail so I could bury that post.
Beside, do you think he'd get away with charging people for crap advice like that on this site? Seriously, 1 person pays for that and flames his thread and the mods will solve the problem without a bunch of short-sited post count bumps like that.

/Flaming_of_the_Ignorant = Off

-Vyral

Original CD keys trump Secret Question

is there any way to recover cd keys? i kept mine for years .. even use the box i got with the gold edition (Planes of Power) but the disks were scrached and would no longer work. i managed to get the patcher exe off of the disks and just redownloaded the entire game .. since then have made regular backup dvd disks.

I'm not saying he might have other ways, but there is many ways to secure an account that ya don't have to pay to get the info.

JJ that is true, but not always. I can say most people either don't have the cdkeys anymore because the cd cases they cannot find it anymore, or 80% of EQ players buy accounts which original person does not provide cdkeys. Honestly do you really think people still have cdkeys on accts made back between 1999-2004?

I know for a fact cause I did call them last week on this. Called them up on an old account I had. They asked for station name, and name on the account. I couldn't remember the pw to an old account. they required secret question answer to change pw AND last 4 of cc that was used on last subscription.

Week prior to that I had another account secret question changed by giving them station name, name, and last 4 of cc used.

LOL VyralPandemic trust me when I say this, I have seen some really pathetic guides up people have tried to sell to say the same exact stuff. I can list like 8 methods of trying to get an account back and soe would side with me every time by giving them key info you get can get off the website.

Take this as a good example.

Say I sold an account to someone. I wanted to be a mean bastard and take the account back without a refund. Call SOE tell them I can't remember my pw and website wont send me my pw. Give them my name, and CC used on the account ANY CC used on the account and they open the account up for me cause my cc was on the account means I paid for the subscription to play. They have no reason not to give me any info about my account cause my own cc was on it with my name. Password reset over the phone, which while your on the phone you could reset secret pw or question. Account back to me very simple.

No account is secure unless you move it to another account that is yours and yours ONLY with no other cc or name on the account.

No account is secure unless you move it to another account that is yours and yours ONLY with no other cc or name on the account.

If you want to go that far your way is not secure either. hello someone stole my account and move logged my character off can you please get him back for me. They can easily track what account the character was moved to and retrieve him just like they do for passwords.

Not sure when you last recovered an account zero, but I'm pretty sure you would not have any success just using a random card on account to recover an account. I'm even more sure you wouldn't be able to change sq with just that information. What you describe used to work to recover accounts but soe security has (thankfully) gotten much better since then and they now require much more. If you supplied 1 cc on account but didn't have birthday, email, original cc, cd keys, sq, or anything else on account they would not help you. One CSR even told me they that would not recover accounts for people unless they could provide information that could not be seen by looking at eqplayers, aka birthday and cd keys.

Also as someone who personally bought evershawn's guide I will say it really is rock solid in securing an account. You have to spend a little extra $ to secure, but it does what he says it'll do.

You would be very very suprised. Ive seen a person change everything with just the Original CC. Im sorry but there is no way to secure an account when the person is the original owner that simple. Best way is to transfer the char to a new account then get the old account banned for something that is a perm ban so they have no chance to get it unbanned. THIS is the only real way. Any moron can bullshit there way into getting the Tech support to reset account info for them.

I called SOE up one day just to see how easy it was and managed to get them to change the info on my own account and all i provided was the station name.

Also dont post about they require more info people. The maker of this guide has seen personally someone recover an account when all he had was station name and CC. Its not much to tell people to transfer char off and get old account perma banned by any means as you shouldnt have to charge someone just to tell them that.

If you transfer the char back and dont get account banned they can call and get it reversed i seen it happen to me. Something you guys need to know SOE WILL ALWAYS transfer a char back to his original account if the account is in good standing.

Cool shit

I'm glad someone finally stepped up to the plate. I hate seeing people losing hundreds of dollars because of scammers. I just might buy one of these in a month or so! Keep it rollin' bro.

I'm not saying he might have other ways, but there is many ways to secure an account that ya don't have to pay to get the info.

JJ that is true, but not always. I can say most people either don't have the cdkeys anymore because the cd cases they cannot find it anymore, or 80% of EQ players buy accounts which original person does not provide cdkeys. Honestly do you really think people still have cdkeys on accts made back between 1999-2004?

I know for a fact cause I did call them last week on this. Called them up on an old account I had. They asked for station name, and name on the account. I couldn't remember the pw to an old account. they required secret question answer to change pw AND last 4 of cc that was used on last subscription.

Week prior to that I had another account secret question changed by giving them station name, name, and last 4 of cc used.

LOL VyralPandemic trust me when I say this, I have seen some really pathetic guides up people have tried to sell to say the same exact stuff. I can list like 8 methods of trying to get an account back and soe would side with me every time by giving them key info you get can get off the website.

Take this as a good example.

Say I sold an account to someone. I wanted to be a mean bastard and take the account back without a refund. Call SOE tell them I can't remember my pw and website wont send me my pw. Give them my name, and CC used on the account ANY CC used on the account and they open the account up for me cause my cc was on the account means I paid for the subscription to play. They have no reason not to give me any info about my account cause my own cc was on it with my name. Password reset over the phone, which while your on the phone you could reset secret pw or question. Account back to me very simple.

Even then, that's not secure. I've heard of the scammers calling SOE and claiming that they did not authorize the transfer, and BAM, they got their old char back and some money.

Oh and you cant trump original CD keys if you leave the char no that account. If they cant get it back they sure in heck can get it banned as CD Key does prove 100% ownership no matter what anyone tells you.

But who has CD Keys ? Most people digital download and never get one.

I called SOE up one day just to see how easy it was and managed to get them to change the info on my own account and all i provided was the station name.
Your joking right, or was this back in 2000 or something? Every time I call soe to secure an account they always ask for something, even if its the dumbest csr rep on the planet and they only ask for one thing.

Your joking right, or was this back in 2000 or something? Every time I call soe to secure an account they always ask for something, even if its the dumbest csr rep on the planet and they only ask for one thing.

No this was a few weeks ago when they reactivated accounts for legacy stuff. If you call enough they get sick of you simple as that. Eventually you run into a CSR that hates hsi job and doesnt care so he just does it.

Well as someone who has called soe 20 times or more to secure accounts for myself and friends I've never seen that person. Thats probably a one in a million thing that is never going to happen again for anyone.

You would be very very suprised. Ive seen a person change everything with just the Original CC. Im sorry but there is no way to secure an account when the person is the original owner that simple. Best way is to transfer the char to a new account then get the old account banned for something that is a perm ban so they have no chance to get it unbanned. THIS is the only real way. Any moron can bullshit there way into getting the Tech support to reset account info for them.

Also dont post about they require more info people. The maker of this guide has seen personally someone recover an account when all he had was station name and CC. Its not much to tell people to transfer char off and get old account perma banned by any means as you shouldnt have to charge someone just to tell them that.

If you transfer the char back and dont get account banned they can call and get it reversed i seen it happen to me. Something you guys need to know SOE WILL ALWAYS transfer a char back to his original account if the account is in good standing.

Do you have this guys guide? unless you have the guide you can never really know how secure the guide makes it.

Do you have this guys guide? unless you have the guide you can never really know how secure the guide makes it.

Nope but you dont either so how can you defend something that doesnt sound possible ?

Nope but you dont either so how can you defend something that doesnt sound possible ?

You only think it does not sound possible because you do not know how to do it. So you are basing your opinion on limited knowledge. Does that sound like the best way to go about something? While it is possible this guide is bs I dont think anyone can give me a logical reason why it is unless they have ALL of the knowledge needed to demerit one way or another. Notice I never said the guide was legit. I simple said you can not say its bogus.

Big difference between the 3 options