eqbcs ping messages.

irishfan

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Since the 13th's compile went live eqbcs is giving me massive fits.

I read on the compile /issue thread about people crashing due to the window having an error. Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit machines. Which is what i have .

I can run 2 toons fine. Log in a third approximately 20 seconds after it says >toonname> connected I get the eqbcs didnt receive the expected ping and it wont pass any command via the window.

I try to reconnect it tells me it's connected and to /bccmd quit. So i restart all the toons and reload a new chat box and it says they connect then they wont pass any commands.

If i camp to desktop 1 out of 5 attempts i can get the 3 toons to communicate for a short time them bam same message about it didn't receive the ping.

All the plugins are reloaded as well when i camp to desktop.

i have been using eqbcs with a 5 man bot group over 2 years with never that red ping message. Well unless i forgot to start the window. Or closed it out on accident.

I use wineq2 I'm a premium member , My loader is current all plugins are current. I run all the toons with modbot.

I have downloaded the zip compile and extracted it into mq2 directory as well. Same issues .

Anyone with any troubleshooting advice please post or PM me .

Thanks.

Are you running the version of netbots from Kroak's website? Apparently it makes a difference though I never really noticed it.

Run EQBCS as a server, instead of getting that message every 2 to 3 mins I now get it about every 12 hours and I can live with that.

Good luck :)

I really wonder why everyone is having EQ/MQ2 issues with windows 7 x64. Not had a single issue on that pc and it hosts my EQBC server(Currently not set up as a service) but then again I dont use modbot so no need for netbots.

I haven't had issues with win7 myself, but eqbc was really acting up last night for me. First time in a long while its done that for me. I don't load up netbots anymore since that was causing problems before. I also don't use Modbot.

Last edited:
i would have to say to contact the person maintaining modbot i use eqbc never get any kinda ping timeout with 6 pc's conncting to it and it runs 24/7 seems like everyone who has had a problem says they use modbot so i suspect thats the culprit

i would have to say to contact the person maintaining modbot i use eqbc never get any kinda ping timeout with 6 pc's conncting to it and it runs 24/7 seems like everyone who has had a problem says they use modbot so i suspect thats the culprit

Its not modbot its netbots (something that modbot requires). This needs a drastic rewrite but no one has done it really.

dont use modbots and using vista and sometimes works sometimes doesnt, I dont do anything different
Lots of dropping disconnected messages one day nothing the next
gonna try unloading netstuff and see if that helps

to be honest not really sure what netheal/netcure etc do

I normally vary in usage of macros between nils chanter or shaman or cleric , mac autobot (raiddruid) for other classes when i play those

netbot sends all information from one toon to the server and server makes it available to everyone else on the server. Basically it lets your other toons know what is happening exactly in your other instances. Problem is it spams the updates. when you get mages for example with pets + it floods the server with updates on pet hitpoints buffs so forth + pc hitpoints mana buffs so forth. Causing an overload and crashes.

Sorta a mini DoS attack on your eqbc server.

Bumping this thread to see if anyone has come up with the net bot fix to date. If not are there any other macros i can use that work similiar to modbot? I run 6 and like to control them from 1 toon

Bumping this thread to see if anyone has come up with the net bot fix to date. If not are there any other macros i can use that work similiar to modbot? I run 6 and like to control them from 1 toon

Kroak has a netbot that works well.

As for macros like modbot there is zbot and autobot available on the official site.

I tried to get kroaks version ... but I can't fgure out how to compile it

I tried to get kroaks version ... but I can't fgure out how to compile it

MQ2 Wiki

Or beg HTW and/or Fry to put Kroaks version of netbots in the compile. There are a few modbot users here.

No idea if Kroaks version would cause conflicts with anything else though.

Last edited:
cant get past the second step of the wiki.

MacroQuest2 does not come pre-compiled, which means that you need to compile it in order to use it.

The process is as follows:

1. Install the compiler
2. Download the source
3. Create the MQ2Auth0.h
4. Compile the source
5. Run MQ2
You cant download the source? Or are you trying to compile netbots without compiling macroquest first?

not sure why i would need to compile macroquest. i use the version here. I just want to use his netbot so i can stop this eqbc thing.

not sure why i would need to compile macroquest. i use the version here. I just want to use his netbot so i can stop this eqbc thing.

Now I could be wrong but this bit here is what made me assume I had to.
After you've got the plugin created and all the files copied, open up the main MacroQuest2 project and add your newly created project:

* In VS 2005, go to File->Add->Existing project, and select the <plugin_name>.vcproj (eg. MQ2Melee.vcproj).

Save yourself a headache now and ask yourself a simple question.

Are you prepared to recompile marcroquest and netbots every patch day?
- Yes: stick with modbot and follow the wiki and compile away.
- No: use one of the Autobots available.

In the past I have had versions of netbots from here that work a treat for months on end, then they don't. Hence why I just compile my own netbots these days.

Last edited:
it takes all of 3-5 minutes to compile mq2+netbots after they post updated version.

it takes all of 3-5 minutes to compile mq2+netbots after they post updated version.

Yeah takes me a bit longer, about 10 mins but I always stuff up at least once :rolleyes:

So JJ you do need to compile netbots with a compile of mq2?

Yea thats where it gets part of its info from.

SO here's the question... I currently use modbot does autobot function similar and is it easy to run 6 to 8 toons from 1 toon like modbot?