EQBC (again)

jayah

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Ok need help. For the last 2 days Eqbc is giving me trouble.

I have eqbc set up as a server on my laptop(not used for anything else)

I have 2 other computers that i use for EQ. I have not changed any settings on anything.

My problem is, I cannot get characters to respond to /bc commands any more?

The only thing I notice that is different is the text in the EQBC window on the server.

The text that I don't remember seeing before is

EQBC (EQ Box Chat Server) 1.2.v1
Waiting for connections on port: xxxx....
-- Client connection: fd 132
-- xxxxx has joined the server.
--Client connection: fd 148
--xxxxxx has joined the server.
--Client connection: fd 160
--xxxxx has joined the server.​

I dont remember seeing client connection: fd xxx

It does that before every command that goes through eqbc?

I tried /bccmd quit and the /bccmd connect to see if that would miraculously resolve the issue , but no luck.

I can see the commands in the server window, but toons just aren't responding.

Checked to make sure plugin is loaded on all computers and made sure they are all using same port. As I said I have not changed anything to my knowledge.. Just quit responding?

Any help would be appreciated.... Thank You!

Problem Solved

Found the problem----- Router had been reset and cleared all settings in router?

Lightning storm the other night.

Sorry for multiple post guys. Re installed everything to run EQBC as Server on Third computer and port forward, installed Resource Kit, etc. Everything in wiki. Any ways I was able to narrow problem down to a strange phenomena. I can connect any of my toons into EQBC without a problem but 1, My Shaman. He crashes the EQBC server when i log him on? Tried several times to make sure of this, and sure enough no matter what order I connect my toons to server it is always my shaman that causes EQBC to crash---every time?

I have server on Laptop by itself

I run 2 other computers with up to 5 toons running at one time on each computer

No matter what computer I log the shaman on, The second it tries to auto connect to EQBC server it crashes EQBC.

When i try to manually connect each toon no matter what computer im on its is always the shaman that causes the problem???

Shaman must have bad Voodoo!!!!

I give up! I would appreciate any helpful input.

Thank You!​

The toon specific crash is typically related to the buffer overflow talked about in other threads. Some toons for some reason just crash the server with sending to much data. Does shaman have a pet up when you connect him? If so drop pet and see if it still does it.

EQBC over tasked

The toon specific crash is typically related to the buffer overflow talked about in other threads. Some toons for some reason just crash the server with sending to much data. Does shaman have a pet up when you connect him? If so drop pet and see if it still does it.

Thank You for info JJ. I suspended pet and logged back in and didn't crash server with pet suspended!!!

I have never had this problem before therefore the confusion. Been using EQBC for a little over a year now?

Is there any thing else we should be aware of using EQBC so I don't spend 8 hrs of time hunting down ghost?

Thats the only real main issue and its typically related to MQ2Netbots you might try turning netsend off on the shaman that might allow you to keep the pet up and not crash your server.