EQ Voice service

Dogstar

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Hi all, need advice again:

is there a way to somewhat permenantly disable EQvoiceserice? I keep turning it off in my Task manager but after a while, I find it running again.

Thanks

I go into the options in EQ (Alt+O), click on the voice tab, and uncheck the box.

eq voice

Yep - I've done that on every account and it still pops up in Task Manager as running in the background. I think it slows down my system.

yes it does slow down your system i had downloaded legends of norrath and it seems it opens up now when eq is also running which is odd. and legends is not loaded.

Click start, type secpol.msc and press enter.

Go down to Software Restriction Policies and right click, select New Software Restriction Policy.

Right click on Additional Rules, select new path rule, and type eqvoiceservice.exe (or whatever it is exactly like it is spelled).

Make sure security level is set to disallowed and click OK.

Close out of secpol.msc.

Now any exe called eqvoiceservice.exe will not be allowed to run on your computer.

Cool. Thank you. It worked great for my 2 puters that have Windows XP but not for the one with Vista. Is there a different command for Vista.

Last edited:
Cool. Thank you. It worked great for my 2 puters that have Windows XP but not for the one with Vista. Is there a different command for Vista.

Vista and 7 normally need a reboot. If a reboot doesn't fix it turn on UAC to max level, reboot, and test and it should work. Then turn UAC back to off or whatever level you had it at and reboot again and it should work from now on without you having to reboot anymore.

gpupdate should refresh the secpol for a system (as far as I remember anyway).

htw