EQ very slow with Windows 10

eqman22

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
So my windows 7 OS had all kinds of issues and wouldn't let me upgrade the Visual C that's now required for mq2. Due to this, I installed windows 10. However, now with windows 10, EQ is extremely choppy. I usually box 6-8 toons without lag. However, since installing windows 10 I am extremely choppy with just ONE toon in game. Has anyone else had this issue or have any suggestions on how to fix this? EQ is unplayable currently. Any help is appreciated!

no issues here, did you install a new EQ version? make sure yoou add your EQ and MQ folders to the exception list on your AV software

It kept all my files, including EQ, when I installed windows 10 from the Microsoft website.

To be honest, I just use windows defender. I don't see an option to make an exception for EQ with that, but I don't think you even have to.

I see. So just add the EQ folder to the exclusion or certain files within the EQ folder?

Video card driver is updated. Storage space is at like 47% available.

if you run gina or gamparse where your readign the log file you need to exclude the folder

Yeah, this lag is without ANYTHING other than EQ running.

i run amd 8 core 8150 32gb ram, gtx 770 and sandisk ssd pro. i could get about 12 accounts to run on this setup before maxing cpu

heres my result

CPUScore : 7.9
D3DScore : 9.9
DiskScore : 8.1
GraphicsScore : 8.2
MemoryScore : 7.9
WinSATAssessmentState : 1
WinSPRLevel : 7.9

go to powershell and run as admin. then paste in this powershell command below. winsat and Get-Wmi are different lines and commands fyi

#from here =====####

winsat prepop #wait about 2 or so minutes for this to complete#
Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_WinSAT|Select CPUScore,D3DScore,DiskScore,GraphicsScore,MemoryScore,WinSATAssessmentState,WinSPRLevel|FL|out-file c:\results.txt

###to here####

What's your computer specs and have you set everquest to use all cpu cores?