EQ ranger DPS

Matthinson

Reaction score
So i've been trying to get our rangers to dps on our guild, and one of our guild leaders is a ranger and another ranger we have is a class leader and both tell me that rangers arn't a dps class and are utility class. exact quote

Now we have a ranger thats a returning memeber and was denied to raid status cuz we got 2 many rangers and he use to make top 10 of every parse.

What im getting to, are there that many bad rangers out there these days? is there anything to do to prove that we just got retard leaders in our guild? and if to maximize the raids dps u need everyone to do their best?

ALL info is welcome, i don't want any of the ranger gate bs plz =P

So i've been trying to get our rangers to dps on our guild, and one of our guild leaders is a ranger and another ranger we have is a class leader and both tell me that rangers arn't a dps class and are utility class. exact quote

Now we have a ranger thats a returning memeber and was denied to raid status cuz we got 2 many rangers and he use to make top 10 of every parse.

What im getting to, are there that many bad rangers out there these days? is there anything to do to prove that we just got retard leaders in our guild? and if to maximize the raids dps u need everyone to do their best?

ALL info is welcome, i don't want any of the ranger gate bs plz =P

As i am a player of a Ranger for 10 plus years id say they are retarded......

That is putting it nicely. When i was full time raiding in Hot and a little in VoA, i was still able to keep up with necro dps and they always got mad at me when i beat them. (True story)

But we are also used as a utility class and i can understand the reason they might have said no, for maybe a better dps class or a more stable out put of one.

But all in all ... i laughed when they said we don't do DPS... they must be ebayed!!

Find a new guild.

Rangers have always been back up everything, and also took over lead dps with intensitys showing.

I couldn't out burn a ranger on a monk in the UF days or HoT. My berserker struggled alot also.

My ranger is automated and still does a very nice chunk of dps

If rangers were NOT dps on raids, of what use would they be? In the "old days" we always sent rangers in to take death touches, cuz they couldn't do much else. But they're more useful now since they CAN dps!