EQ keynote

Artemus

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Some of the more salient news:

* Aug 23: Naggy's lair and Mistmoore getting the hardcore heritage update

* Next expansion: Call of the Forsaken. Based in Norrath based on classic and traditional characters. Story starts in West karana that lead to the arrival of a powerful dragon from another dimension named Lady Lindinaria. It has torn through seams of time. She is being viewed as a prophecy of doom. Man this sounds like Cataclysm.

* New expansion has zones that always existed. Remember old maps with zones that didn't exist? This is where they come from, like The Dead Hills and Neriak's Fourth Gate

* New system, Heroic Adventures. Scenarios similar to LDON but with a true system that manages your experience as you go into a zone. The zone is constructed based on the group you have, like objectives, loot and power of mobs.

* Beta on August 14. Late Sept launch. No mention of level caps going up, thank FUCKING GOD!

* Release next year that ties into CotF, you get it for free with the expansion like the Fear expansion

* 15th anniversary. new race/class combos, we get to vote. Dark Elf bard or Wood Elf shaman, anyone?

* More player designed missions.

* The Plane of War zone from PoP is coming. For those who forgot, remember the five stones in PoTranq? The one on the far left went nowhere. They are making it live.

* He mentioned there will be a way to increase the power of mercs.

I'd change my shaman from a barb to a wood elf if they make em.

And if they make iksar zerkers, yeah my dorf will change.

Rather disappointing from those highlights, any word on when EQ Next is supposed to be released?

I actually liked the keynote. LDON type missions will be a boxers heaven. God love us if the missions have respawns.

So when do we anticipate the price of ROF dropping before they start taking advance orders for the next expansion? I got some accounts I'd love to level to 100 before expansion-time.

Will purchasing the next expansion automatically enable VoA and RoF on the account for free?

I was expecting them to announce VoA going f2p, but guess thats not happening

Sucks cause I was planning on buying RoF on a couple accounts here soon, and now I am torn...

An app was released for Android/Iphone. Completing the two non-soe live 'quests' yields you 250sc and 1 xp potion. Quests are just liking various facebook pages and twitter feeds then snapping some pictures of different soe logos. Super easy stuff and free sc is nice too. It's a code so it should work for double/triple sc days too. They're also adding more quests/rewards to it too.

* The Plane of War zone from PoP is coming. For those who forgot, remember the five stones in PoTranq? The one on the far left went nowhere. They are making it live.
I was hearing this is only supposed to be for 15th anniversary next year.

Mercs going to get 4 equipment slots (primary, secondary, chest, helm I've heard) and some passive AA's. I think some guys were suggesting it was going to be some merc only equipment that could drop, but I'm not sure. I would love to finally have something to do with my left over raid gear =P...

*Mercs going to get 4 equipment slots (primary, secondary, chest, helm I've heard) and some passive AA's. I think some guys were suggesting it was going to be some merc only equipment that could drop, but I'm not sure. I would love to finally have something to do with my left over raid gear =P..

The emulator THF does that already, but all slots, damn mercs get pretty tough