Duo box question

tristar

Reaction score
i was thinking either shaman + bard or shaman + SK? just getting back into the game since.. jeez 2006. and i hear about they have ingame bots now u can control? i only want to deal with 2 accts, anything helpful is appriciated :)

i was thinking either shaman + bard or shaman + SK? just getting back into the game since.. jeez 2006. and i hear about they have ingame bots now u can control? i only want to deal with 2 accts, anything helpful is appriciated :)

Yes they have in game bots now, but nothing like a real played.

And they arent like "bots" like your thinking, just like a really sucky player

Go with SK + Sham if going live, I would do Monk + Sham if doing TLP due to the huge increase of dps of a monk vs anything else currently.

hmm

Go with SK + Sham if going live, I would do Monk + Sham if doing TLP due to the huge increase of dps of a monk vs anything else currently.

hmm monk and shaman, that'd be good. what setup should i do with the bots then do you rec?

Personally I'd say shaman + monk in any situation hehe, but I'm biased as that is the combo I've been playing since day 1.

But on regular servers, you can get a cleric merc on the monks account, and a warrior merc on the shamans account, so you have all the bases of the group covered, tank, heals, slow, dps.

You could manage with an sk shaman if you wanted to go that route, and replace the tank merc with a dps merc, but it depends on your play preference. SKs are also not as good of puller as monks imo since the lack any form of lull.

Monk + shaman is very good, so good it makes the game boring :p

I have done beserker + shaman and now im trying out sk + necro which so far seems a nice combo as well.

-Marius

Personally I use shm, mage, sk with merc healers. Merc tanks are just too unreliable and annoying cause their agro range and time is so damn unpredictable. Besides sk's AE agro makes crowd control unnecessary once he is up to speed. As for pulling non stop Death's Effigy and Hates Attraction make lull unnecessary, tho admittedly pulls will be faster if you have non box mnk in group bringing in as current mob in its death throes.

SK/Shm will lack dps though until higher lvls so until them you will want at least one dps merc and one clr until you can find money for 3rd box or befriend someone in game to play the role of either. In that case though I'd look for mage. Pet gear for all 3 classes, CoTH, and mage pets ability to tank in off chance sk dies to finish off current mob cant be replaced. Check out Dev's magebot for that if you decide to pick up that 3rd box.

pulls will be faster if you have non box mnk in group bringing in as current mob in its death throes.

this concept has always annoyed me

hey here is a great dps class
unless hes FD dropping aggro while grp kills the mob
unless hes busy coming or going (for mobs)

I rather have faster kills

admitedly alot of things have changed and w less clearing aggro time and or great burn capabilities monks arent (I hope) spending more time trying to get a mob than actually whooping its ass, maybe my annoyance over the yrs w monks that focus so much on pulling and little to no effort on killing shit.

for the record I do have my own BOX monk, lvl 90 think last i checked 5k aa range, mostly for dps for my grp makeup (botting)