DROID DNA - Buyer's Guilt

Alexandra

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I just bought a Droid DNA from Verizon on upgrade, I paid 250.00 out of pocket with 2 year contract.

My guilt is not on the contract, becuase I'm staying with Verizon hands down for service here. It's about the DNA, I could have gotten an S4 for the same price, but have always had HTC's so I kinda leaned that way.

DNA memory is not expandable and the battery is not removable, but the S4 seems so flimsy and everyone who owns the S series has busted screens. I have never had a busted screen with HTC, they are tough!

Why am I having buyer's guilt then? I think because there was ONLY 1 case for my DNA at Best Buy and a shitton of things for Iphone and Samsung.

Last edited:
After buying the S3, I wish I bought a windows phone. So buyers guilt on cell phones is all too common. The non removable battery is huge issue for me, I passed on the Razr because of that.

After buying the S3, I wish I bought a windows phone. So buyers guilt on cell phones is all too common. The non removable battery is huge issue for me, I passed on the Razr because of that.

This is so true, I am happy with the DNA, just started thinking I'd regret having to keep it 2 years. I'm going to stick it out, I tend to not like to go with the masses. The iPhone annoys me, I hear everyone talking about it at work and it just feels that I'm jumping on the bandwagon if I go that way. Plus I don't like the screens on them, they cut off a lot of real estate on the top and bottom.

The battery thing honestly does worry me, but I guess if it goes out, they have to replace the entire phone :cool:

How much do you pay a month to have to pay 250 upfront for the phone?

How much do you pay a month to have to pay 250 upfront for the phone?

50-150 per line most likely

2 phones on the plan - $140.00 a month, Verizon tends to run higher, but I have never lost a call like I did on Sprint.

The phone is new, so it's not dropped down to 50-100 range yet, you can only get the older models like this. It's listed at 599.99, 199.99 with 2 year contract. They now charge a 30.00 upgrade fee and then taxes ...:rolleyes:

I added it to my bill, so technically didn't need anything up front. :p

Last edited:
The mere fact that companies like Apple restrict you by not allowing removable batteries, or sd card slots is enough for me to choose some other product.

Sure you can store on the cloud and bring some sorta charger along to compensate, but you either have to download it from the cloud to your phone thus bringing up your data cost if you aren't wifi, or lugging around another battery charger or wire that is bulky wherever you go is not what I like in a product.

I'd much rather buy something like the s4 even if its cheapish on the aesthetic side of things.

You guys get fucked over on upgrades then. I got an iPhone 5 on release day for about 70, and pay about 60 a month for unlimited data/minutes/texts.

You guys get fucked over on upgrades then. I got an iPhone 5 on release day for about 70, and pay about 60 a month for unlimited data/minutes/texts.
Pretty much, I could have gotten an Iphone 5 too for the same amount I paid for the DNA...

I don't know of any US company that would give you one for 70.00 bucks...

Paid £49 for my 16GB on a 2 year contract.

Yeah, I still find it weird how if someone calls you the minutes come off your account. Haven't had that over here for donkeys years

I stayed away from the DNA for the reasons already stated. I have a Galaxy S3, and it works great. Sure, I lost a bit of processing power, but the trade offs settled it for me.

Sprint sucks everywhere you go. Verizon is rated the best in network, but they also charge a lot of fees and deposits.

I have US Cellular now, great coverage, albeit mainly in the midwest, but they bounce off Verizon's towers when I'm not in USC service area.

Most likely, you would feel buyer's remorse regardless of the phone you chose. That 2 year agreement causes that more often than not, I assume.

I have an S3, and I love it! Great battery life, fast, and lots of accessories. I just wish you could store Google Play music on your SD card.

I am going to stick with it, don't really need the sd card. I really don't do a lot with my phone. I work too much, don't have time for music and too many apps.

The battery thing may turn out to bite me one day, but honestly I would have probably needed to replace it by then. I go through phones too, IE, my last one, my coke sweated on it and ruined the display! :cool:

Plus, some super nice MMO member is sending me an Otter Box for my DNA!

I got a Droid Bionic about a year ago now, geez time flies, and I have been pretty happy with it. It cost me about a hundred when I got it, and I have what sounds like the same plan as Alexandra. I am still on the unlimited data with Verizon though so I don't expect to be changing my carrier anytime. I get a 20% discount through my work though so it comes out to around 140 with $30 data, taxes, 10$ text package, and fees.

In a year or so when I am eligible to upgrade again, I figure some new hot shot phone will be out, but the S4 does look pretty good. As does the new LG phone. I have to say that I didn't ever have remorse for the Bionic though. It does have the same fixed memory issue, but it has a removable battery. Just got 4.1.2 rolled out to it the other day. I don't understand why they remove features on newer versions of Android.

I am going to stick with it, don't really need the sd card. I really don't do a lot with my phone. I work too much, don't have time for music and too many apps.

The battery thing may turn out to bite me one day, but honestly I would have probably needed to replace it by then. I go through phones too, IE, my last one, my coke sweated on it and ruined the display! :cool:

Plus, some super nice MMO member is sending me an Otter Box for my DNA!

I wish some super nice MMO Member would send me an Otter Box for my S3 :)

I'm still rocking the Droid X. I've been up for a "free" upgrade through Verizon since Feb, but I'm still debating if I want to get outside of the Motorola family. I've been using Motorolas forever going back before the StarTac and V-phones. They are just tried and true and I guess I'm a loyal customer. Plus, I like a "heavier" phone and Motorola always comes through with that. But, I've really been looking at the Samsung Galaxy Tablet.

Driod Razr here. Battery has lasted anywhere from 10 hours of non stop netflix to about 3 days of mostly stand by. Can't say to much on durability, i'm picky with my phone and its been in an Otter from day one. Think I paid 50 bucks with 2 year contract like 1.5 years ago. Current monthly bill is 200 for 3 phone, unlimited talk, text, and 4gig per phone data.