Made in China RANT!

It's ok, Trump is gonna bring manufacturing back to the states.

He's just neglected to mention that these manufacturing plants will be automated, creating few to no jobs.

But automated manufacturing is yet another can of worms...

Like one radio dude said and caught my attention... when Amazon succeeds to the point where every brick-n-mortar retailer is out of business, where will Amazon customers work to make $ needed to buy stuff from Amazon?

They can't ALL get jobs at Amazon! Can they??!! :eek:

Funny thing this used to be the gripe about Walmart but now Walmart is in the same pickle when it comes to Amazon. Amazon vs Walmart... that's a "war", like the late lamented Iraq-Iran War, where I can comfortably root for both sides to lose!

Last edited:
Almost all electronics are made in China, no matter where they are assembled. The difference you see is the quality control.

People think their "Made in Germany" lenses for their Mercs and Beamers are actually made in the fatherland. Nope. All manufactured in China. Got to love assisted manufacturing laws.

Consumerism sucks!

You'd have to change the mentality of every American to stop buying Chinese made products and buy the more expensive version of the same product made in America.

What % of Americans will actually do that? Not to many. We might not like it, but that's the global market.

I dunno. There are already movements toward green products and universities are divesting from investments in companies that are considered politically incorrect or that do business with countries that are "out of favor". If the propaganda media outlets in this country promoted aggressively the facts that China's industry relies on essentially slave labor and generates far more pollution that would be tolerated in the USA a movement to "divest" from "Made in China" products could get rolling. But like with everything else the masses would have to be motivated by "important" trend-setters like Ariana Grande, LeBron James, Al Gore, etc. :rolleyes:

Like one radio dude said and caught my attention... when Amazon succeeds to the point where every brick-n-mortar retailer is out of business, where will Amazon customers work to make $ needed to buy stuff from Amazon?

They can't ALL get jobs at Amazon! Can they??!! :eek

Universal basic income.

They can't ALL get jobs at Amazon! Can they??!! :eek

Universal basic income.

Communist! :eek:

Seriously?? Our society can't even ensure every member gets basic health care, 3 meals a day and a roof over their heads, basics which even a conservative like me thinks should be afforded every LEGAL member of American society, and you seriously want to guarantee everyone a no-work minimum income?

Heck, go further, let's guarantee everyone an EQ Gold sub! That will keep the game going forever! :cool:

Universal basic income really doesn't have anything to do with communism. We are 35-50 years away from complete labor automation. Unless every single economy figures out how to survive strictly on service, there will have to be a societal structure that enables citizens to participate economically while recognizing there is literally no way to employ everyone.

Of course it does. It's the essence of communism.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

----Karl Marx

Your point about labor automation may or may NOT be true. Who knows? A scientist once said a flying vehicle is a physical impossibility and then other scientists predicted we'd all be trolling around in personal airplanes by 1985. Who the "F" knows. I do know that I try to live in the "here and now" where Amazon is progressively driving brick-n-mortar vendors, small, medium, large and humongous, out of business, and there isn't any chance a program of universal basic income is going to be instituted in time to offset the damage that will be done to Retail America by this development.

Sure, I buy thru Amazon. Call me a hypocrite. We each make the most efficient decisions for our own welfare. Unfortunately, those who are supposed to be looking out for everyone's welfare, our "leaders", such as they are... unfortunately they usually just look out for their own welfare as well.

Last edited: