Droid Apps

cudacuf

Retired Stripper Banger
Reaction score
I just got a Droid and looking for apps that people like. So far, I've been using the Advanced Task Killer, Facebook, Yahoo Fantasy, Handcent SMS, and PingChat the most.

Air control lite <--- you're welcome

pdanet for tethering to computer (i use lite, but cant sign into some authentication pages)

ventriloid if you use ventrilo

main 3 i have are those, i have some other pointless apps but I havent had my droid long either.

I've not had mine long and will be looking into some of the aps mentioned above.

was kinda bummed out...went in to get the droid incredible but it was sold out. Got the Droid 2 since that droid X is too damn big for me haha reminds me of the phones they'd put in luxury cars in the early 90's haha.

I like talking tom...is a cat that repeats shit you say, an you can smack it around an shit.

i use the pandora app 10hours a day at work <3 it

3G Watchdog is nice if you don't have an unlimited data plan, just monitors your usage
Movies is nice, Flixster app that lets you look up movie times and such
My Collection (or My Collection Pro) is a program that lets you scan barcodes on DVDs, games, books & CDs to create a list of what you have on the phone, very nice for me since I have 300+ DVDs
MyBackup Pro can let you backup data & apps & restore later if needed (like if you get a new phone)
Quickpedia is just a wikipedia app
ThrottleCopter is a very simple game that I can't stop playing
PureRSS is the RSS reader I use, although I know there are lots out there

Those are the apps I used most often on my G1 & now continue to use on my Vibrant. There are definitely some more good ones, but those are my favs so far.

Apps I use the most:
Dolphin
Handcent
AppBrain
Pandora
RemoteRDP
Barnacle
Facebook
Goby
eBuddy
Barcode Scanner
Robo Defense
Paper Toss
Unblock Me
HomePipe
Calvin and Hobbes

Oh and Terminal Emulation since I have rooted my phone.

Rom Manager - Custom Roms, currently on Cyanogen Mod, was on BB 0.4

Root Explorer - Lets you access system and other key files for editing.

Set CPU - Add profiles for overclocking (currently at 1gig on droid1)

Wireless Tether - Project wireless signal for laptop

My Tracks - Any runner/walkers/hikers dream. Tracks your route, gives spreadsheet of all data (export to google docs), overlays on google maps

Sirius XM - It's like 2.99 for Opie and Anthony all day at work.

C:Geo - My friends and I are avid geocachers since we were kids, this is the best app I've found for it.

Gmote- Connects to your computer as a remote control (need server running and wireless internet)

Lets get a good discussion going on apps, I'm pretty much a droid (custom) fanboy :p

Last edited:
I'm using the Motorola Cliq Xt and it's not been rooted yet. Will probably wait until they push the 2.2 update before I try to get it rooted. I hate those annoying ads in my aps and games and such x.x And thanks for Unblock Me...Great game. More addicting than anything else I've played sadly.

i just got droid x a few days ago. err should i say bought droid x a few days ago i wont actually have it till the 14th. damn it i have a feeling ill be spending lots of time on this thread

Anyone else having a problem with the Droid not Charging correctly overnight?

Stoneface

I havent had any trouble with mine not charging, but i noticed right away that the battery life wasn't all that great. What i did was disable the GPS and the WIFI when i wasn't using them and that really added to the battery life.

Anyone else having a problem with the Droid not Charging correctly overnight?

Stoneface

I havent had any trouble with mine not charging, but i noticed right away that the battery life wasn't all that great. What i did was disable the GPS and the WIFI when i wasn't using them and that really added to the battery life.

I had a problem with it not charging correctly from USB connecting to the computer. Another problem with a shitty wall adapter to charge from so I started using the stock charger again.

However, along with disabling the gps and wifi, turn off any widgets. I have droid x and i know it came with a lot of widgets running, deleted em all and it saved the battery a lot. I keep gps on and my battery still lasts a day and a half as long as i dont heavily use it.

Kinda pissed that my bank has an app for Blackberry, but not for Droid. I used the hell out of that on my BB. Another thing I miss from my BB was BBMessenger. I wish Droid had something similar.

Kinda pissed that my bank has an app for Blackberry, but not for Droid. I used the hell out of that on my BB. Another thing I miss from my BB was BBMessenger. I wish Droid had something similar.

Expect this to change. With Droid outselling iphone and bb its just a matter of time.

Droid is outselling the iphone? Really?

Droid is outselling the iphone? Really?

Considering there is only one iPhone (unless you seperate them as 2G, 3G, 3GS, and 4G) and there are quite a few phones that run on the Android platform that get a generic "droid" tag and some for $99 or less, I could see that statement as true.

Yea the Motorola Cliq XT is one of those that runs the droid OS