Cut or uncut?

This is probably a topic that someone is trying to gear more towards Cock Docking...

I, for one, want no foreskin around my penis...be it my own or someone elses :)

again im not cut

and to be honest in my lifetime never had 1 chick say no

the negative commentary comes from other dudes that are circd

to be honest the more i think about it, Im cool w that, have zero interest in gaining the attention of another man sexually.

I also have been around the world (literally) from far east to central and south america and never had any issues w women

Its not a brag or a boast its sharing factual information based on personal experience here and around other countries, never made it Europe but i think even more so there, would have had no issues.

and to be honest in my lifetime never had 1 chick say no

I wouldn't think they would say "no" if you get to the point of dropping trou. But, you can't tell me you haven't had any that haven't said something along the lines of "wtf" or "wow, what is this" or "that's different".

yea have had a few that may have never been with or seen

and yes once people get naked its on, wasnt a deal breaker

only limp is the foreskin present

and no there isnt any skin once its hard, and u dont have to uncover it does it naturally when its time to rock

uncut ed 101 :p

Not gonna lie I'm def on the side of cut.

No thank you to having flaps of skin.

cut so mushrooms dont grow

lol never would think this subject would be on a site such as mmobugs.

I do this for a living and honestly its personal decision in the USA - either way the parts work!

I can see some girls saying eww when they see an uncut penis, because its not what culture teaches you to expect when you see pants dropped.

My wife is german and in germany they believe circumcision is torture to a baby. But i am american and its normal imo. So i talked my wife into doing it.

I have no regrets about mine being cut. Or my sons

So we went to the doc on base who does it in germany and i went with my son inside for the procedure everything went ok i thought. I watched alot of youtube videos lol.

The doc told me my wife was the first german to let him do this.

well after that we go to the store and do some shopping when we get home i go to change is diaper and bam the shits full of blood. I mean ALOT of blood. So i grabbed my first aid kit and got some gauze and cleaned it up and put pressure on it. I could not see where it was bleeding from so i took a look after i soaked up some blood and the bottem half was open.

During this time I had my wife call for a ambulance and I called my squad leader to let him know we were going to the hospital. I keep't pressure on it the ambulance got there and they took over.

At the hospital the docs were like WTF DID YOU DO TO YOUR SON !!!! I was like back up bitch I am AMERICAN ! So they did surgery and they recut his dick and stitched it up again. they said it would take 1 hour but it took 4.

His dick looks fine but only half cut. IDK where the skin came from but half cut is better then not cut at all.

Mines like a high and tight and his is a medium fade lol

I can see some girls saying eww when they see an uncut penis, because its not what culture teaches you to expect when you see pants dropped.

Funny, here in Europe its the opposite.

Never even considered this for my son, if he wants to do it when he is old enough its his decision.

I am cut and never thought anything about it. My son, who's 3 is uncut. My wife read a ton of stuff that made her not want to do it. I personally didn't care either way so I was fine with him staying natural. Also for some reason our insurance wouldn't pay for it (made my decision so much easier).

The only downside is, now that he's 3, he will never let us help and clean. It's like trying to wrestle a crocodile in the tub...

Anyways, I know this stage will pass and he will do it himself, but he's come close to a few infections because it's such a fight for him to let us clean it.

for what ever OLD studies there supported circumcision once there is the entire AMA and countless other sources that do not, thats a fact

to be clear no i dont think human sacrifice or cannibalism is in any way shape or for acceptable, think we as humans have evolved passed that, in time perhaps this practice will fade to history.

What was common sense to them, then , what is common sense to us now will more than likely change in X ammt of time.

They aren't "old" studies. I was going to post some links but anyone who cares can easily find the info via Google. The AMA switched to an official NEUTRAL position on circumcision and I'm pretty sure this was due to political considerations. They now are reassessing this position in the light of CURRENT studies showing many health benefits from circumcision. The AAP, American Academy of Pediatricians, whose members "cut" most of the male babies in the USA, HAD followed the AMA in going neutral but they now recommend to their members to advise their patients (and, more importantly, their PARENTS) about the clear benefits of circumcision. In other words, they've dropped their neutral position, which again was probably due to politics to begin with.

Google, "AMA circumcision", or "AAP circumcision" and find it all in very CURRENT articles.

The bottom line: cut or no cut, I don't care (I AM, btw, but my parents decided that for me and I have no regrets after 5 decades of a "cut" life) but it's without doubt that there are clear benefits to being circumcised and only political considerations would motivate medical organizations not to inform patients of them. It's analogous to the fight over abortion, where pro-life advocates want expectant mothers to be told more about the life inside them, including perhaps showing them ultrasounds of the "active baby" growing inside them and pro-choice advocates want her to consider the fetus to be some kind of "parasitic life form" which can be removed just like a tumor or a mole. (I made this language intentionally "colorful" to show how these kinds of arguments can be "bent" to conform to the prejudices of the parties doing the arguing.")

My business depends on using logic, common sense and being practical, and that's how I look at most things in life. Probably the most logical, common-sensical and practical position would be to hold off doing circumcision on a baby and then inform him when he reaches age of consent of the reasons pro and con for the procedure. (Although, some of the studies do imply that the greatest benefits to be obtained arise from the procedure being done soon after birth.) However, this would only be ideal in a world where the growing boy would not be subject to all the influence and judgements of the people around him as he grows up.

A tough nut to crack! LOL

The phrase "that penis looks weird because it is circumcised" has never been uttered in the history of language

apparantly makes more sense that it would since thats the minority and hasnt been common for that long even in our US history, let alone the majority of the known world.

With all the information available and the trend going towards uncut Im willing to bet that more and more parents will stop using a few locker room stories or aadvark or cock in a sock comments to have great influence in the decision making (no u guys individually dont own the comment so not a shot focused on you).

I made my choices (poorly), If I am fortunate to see my sons have boys I will surely not use a few ignorant jokes or interpretation of what is most common when I offer my advice if asked. After all the world is much bigger than a high school locker room from a few decades ago.

For those medical studies that say it is healthier. Just curious the demographics they used to complete those studies. Medical studies that are more pro/con tend to use demographics that are less likely to have negative results. They test 100k mid/upperclass and 20k lower class. The fact that the working conditions / nourishment and a whole skew of other factors roll in besides is his penis is clipped are factors in the penis cancer and the majority of other +clipping arguments.

We could I guess cut off our lips so it was easier to clean our teeth, but that would be silly. They are used to keep our mouth clean... Yet require a daily routine of cleaning or they get nasty and infected. We would probably see a drastic reduction in lip and throat cancer.

Risk-Benefit Analysis of Circumcision

Debate on the wisdom of routine circumcision centers on the possible benefits offered by circumcision, and whether they medically justify the risks associated with the procedure. Properly performed circumcision protects against the development of phimosis, paraphimosis in elderly men requiring intermittent or chronic bladder catheterization, and balanitis.5 The only longitudinal study to address the former found a 4% incidence of phimosis in uncircumcised boys.15 The medical benefits suggested to accrue from circumcision are reduced incidence of urinary tract infection in infant males, decreased incidence of penile cancer in adult males, and possibly decreased susceptibility to certain sexually transmissible diseases, including human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).

Urinary Tract Infection: There is little doubt that the uncircumcised infant is at higher risk for urinary tract infection (UTI), although the magnitude of this risk is debatable. A meta-analysis of 9 studies published between 1984 and 1992 revealed a 12-fold increased risk of UTI in uncircumcised males.4 Most of the studies analyzed were case-control designs that analyzed the rate of UTI in the first year of life. A more recent population-based cohort found a relative risk of 3.7 for hospitalization for UTI in the first year of life in uncircumcised boys.16 A similar relative risk (4.8) was detected in another case-control study.17 The reliability of many studies examining circumcision status and UTI in infant males is weakened by lack of controls for potential confounders such as prematurity, extent of breastfeeding, and the method of urine collection used to identify bacteriuria. Despite the increased relative risk in uncircumcised infants, the absolute incidence of UTI is small in this population (0.4%-1%).18 Depending on the model employed, approximately 100 to 200 circumcisions would need to be performed to prevent 1 UTI.16,19 In this case, a large relative risk reduction translates into a small absolute risk reduction because the baseline prevalence is low. One model of decision analysis concluded that the incidence of UTI would have to be substantially higher in uncircumcised males to justify circumcision as a preventive measure against this condition.20

Penile Cancer: Penile cancer is a rare disease in the United States (0.9 to 1 per 100,000). Among uncircumcised men the incidence is estimated to be 2.2/100,000.21 Six case series published between 1932 and 1986 found that all penile cancers occurred in uncircumcised individuals.11,22 Results of one case control study provide an exception to this general rule, although circumcision status was determined by self-report.23 Nevertheless, this study also found that the absence of neonatal circumcision increased the risk for penile cancer by a factor of 3.2 Other identified risk factors for penile cancer are phimosis (occurring exclusively in uncircumcised males), genital warts, infection with human papilloma virus, large number of sexual partners, and cigarette smoking.23-25 Nevertheless, because this disease is rare and occurs later in life, the use of circumcision as a preventive practice is not justified.

Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection and Sexually Transmissible Diseases: The data on circumcision status and susceptibility to HIV infection and other sexually transmissible diseases have been recently reviewed.5,26,27 Five of 7 prospective studies involving heterosexual transmission of HIV-1 found a statistically significant association between lack of circumcision and elevated risk for acquisition of HIV (relative risks 2.3-8.1). In the other 2 studies the relative risk exceeded 3 in uncircumcised males, but a low proportion of uncircumcised men and a small percentage of seroconversion limited the statistical power of these studies.

At least 16 studies have examined the relationship between circumcision and sexually transmissible diseases other than HIV.27 In general, circumcised individuals appear to have somewhat lower susceptibility to acquiring chancroid and syphilis, possibly genital herpes, and gonorrhea compared to individuals in whom the foreskin is intact. The available data on nongonococcal urethritis and genital warts are inconclusive. Regardless of these findings, behavioral factors are far more important risk factors for acquisition of HIV and other sexually transmissible diseases than circumcision status, and circumcision cannot be responsibly viewed as "protecting" against such infections.

Complications of Circumcision

Two large series detected a complication rate between 0.2% and 0.6% in circumcised infants.28,29 Bleeding and infection, occasionally leading to sepsis, are the most common adverse events requiring treatment. In the majority of cases, bleeding is minor and hemostasis can be achieved by pressure application. Other untoward events can result from taking too much skin from the penile shaft causing denudation or rarely, concealed penis, or from not removing sufficient foreskin, producing an unsatisfactory cosmetic result or recurrent phimosis.30,31 Other postoperative complications include formation of skin bridges between the penile shaft and glans, meatitis and meatal stenosis, chordee, inclusion cysts in the circumcision line, lymphedema, hypospadias and epispadias, and urinary retention.32 Case reports have associated circumcision with other rare but severe events including scalded skin syndrome, necrotizing fasciitis, sepsis and meningitis, urethrocutaneous fistulas, necrosis (secondary to cauterization), and partial amputation of the glans penis.5,30,32

Summary and Comment

Virtually all current policy statements from specialty societies and medical organizations do not recommend routine neonatal circumcision, and support the provision of accurate and unbiased information to parents to inform their choice. The recent policy revision by the American Academy of Pediatrics also states that analgesia (anesthesia) should be provided for the procedure.

Circumcision decreases the incidence of urinary tract infections in the first year of life, and also protects against the development of penile cancer later in life. The circumcised male also may be somewhat less susceptible to HIV infection and certain sexually transmissible diseases. The low incidence of urinary tract infections and penile cancer mitigates the potential medical benefits compared with the risks of circumcision. In the case of sexual transmission of HIV, behavioral factors are far more important in preventing these infections than the presence or absence of a foreskin.

A majority of boys born in the United States still undergo nonritual circumcisions. This occurs in large measure because parental decision-making is based on social or cultural expectations, rather than medical concerns.63-67 Studies from the 1980s suggested that the presentation of medical information on the potential advantages and disadvantages of circumcision had little influence on parents' decisions.64-66 This finding was recently confirmed.68 In another contemporary study, nearly half of those physicians performing circumcisions did not discuss the potential medical risks and benefits of elective circumcision prior to delivery of the infant son. Deferral of discussion until after birth, combined with the fact that many parents' decisions about circumcision are preconceived, contribute to the high rate of elective circumcision.67,68 Major factors in parental decision-making are the father's circumcision status, opinions of family members and friends, a desire for conformity in their son's appearance, and the belief that the circumcised penis is easier to care for with respect to local hygiene.

When the decision is made to proceed with circumcision, local anesthesia should be provided for the procedure. Ring block or dorsal penile blocks are most effective. EMLA cream has limited utility but has not been sufficiently investigated with regard to dose-response effects.

RECOMMENDATIONS

The following statements, recommended by the Council on Scientific Affairs, were adopted as AMA policy at the 1999 AMA Interim Meeting.

1. The AMA encourages training programs for pediatricians, obstetricians, and family physicians to incorporate information on the use of local pain control techniques for neonatal circumcision.

2. The AMA supports the general principles of the 1999 Circumcision Policy Statement of the American Academy of Pediatrics, which reads as follows: Existing scientific evidence demonstrates potential medical benefits of newborn male circumcision; however, these data are not sufficient to recommend routine neonatal circumcision. In circumstances in which there are potential benefits and risks, yet the procedure is not essential to the child's current well-being, parents should determine what is in the best interest of the child. To make an informed choice, parents of all male infants should be given accurate and unbiased information and be provided the opportunity to discuss this decision. If a decision for circumcision is made, procedural analgesia should be provided.

3. The AMA urges that as part of the informed consent discussion, the risks and benefits of pain control techniques for circumcision be thoroughly discussed to aid parents in making their decisions.

via http://www.cirp.org/library/statements/ama2000/

extremely dated information dont have to look hard to see its old
some of it 2 decades old