crazy stick

jetmarine99

Premium Member
Reaction score
I forget how I fixed this in the past. I am running an assist macro and I also have a rogue bot macro and both of them are making the character run around all crazy circling the mob. How can I make them stick behind in a more stable fashion? I am thinking it is because of melee plugin but I can not remember how to fix it. Thanks! : )

I've also recently starting having this issue on my melee characters.

I forget how I fixed this in the past. I am running an assist macro and I also have a rogue bot macro and both of them are making the character run around all crazy circling the mob. How can I make them stick behind in a more stable fashion? I am thinking it is because of melee plugin but I can not remember how to fix it. Thanks! : )
its because you are using !front or something as your stick command and dont have HoTT leader AA probably.
Use
Code:
stickcmd=behindonce
in your character file in the main mq2 folder.

its because you are using !front or something as your stick command and dont have HoTT leader AA probably.
Use
Code:
stickcmd=behindonce
in your character file in the main mq2 folder.

Do I put that line anywhere in the server_Name file?

Type /melee save in game and it will put it in there for you. Then go to the ini and adjust.

This did not resolve the issue. He is still running around sometimes and gets reposte to death because he ends up in front sometimes

This did not resolve the issue. He is still running around sometimes and gets reposte to death because he ends up in front sometimes

add this right above the version of mq2melee you are using

Code:
stickcmd=22 hold !front loose
version=5.526

I thought there was a Stickcmd=1 somewhere also, cant find it.

Subject line "Crazy Stick"

I was thinkin'..... my wife got the shit beat out of her with one of these as a child, so I clicked to read it.

Last edited:
Hoppy, it's stickmode=1

From the wiki:

• stickbreak=[on|off]
    If on, it will allow you to break stick with keyboard.
  • stickdelay=[0-100]
    Wait [X] seconds before sticking to target.
  • stickmode=[on|off]
    If on, it will use the stickcmd as defined in the INI file, if off, it will use the default stick command.
  • sticknorange=[on|off]
    If on, no range checking is done with stick.
  • stickrange=[0+]
    Enables sticking when target is at set distance away (0=no sticking).

And further down the wiki:

• stickcmd
<dl><dd> This command takes a list of options that should be passed to the /stick command, if you are using stickmode=1. E.g., "hold 15" (see the MQ2MoveUtils wiki, for available stick command options). </dd></dl> <dl><dd> You can put a note for display next to your stickcmd entry, as a hint when showing options with /melee. This is done by adding the option under the [MQ2Melee_Notes] section of your server_toonname.ini. </dd></dl> <dl><dd> Example: </dd></dl> <dl><dd> [MQ2Melee_Notes] </dd><dd> stickcmd=Keep behind the mob, and closer than the default melee distance. </dd><dt>
</dt></dl>
With 0 being off, and 1 being on (in the INI file), effectively (example):
Code:
stickbreak=1
stickdelay=0
stickmode=1
sticknorange=0
stickrange=100
Keep in mind options that are empty (for strings) or off (for on/off booleans) won't be saved in the INI if you do /melee save. INI entry (in server_toon.ini, under [MQ2Melee] section) for the above example would look like (example):

Code:
stickbreak=1
stickmode=1
stickrange=100
stickcmd options come straight from the MQ2MoveUtils options, and can be found at: MQ2MoveUtils:v11 - MacroQuest Wiki

htw

Last edited:
Thank you guys very much. I am going to try this stuff out. I just needed to further understand how stick works and this helped out a lot!! Thanks for the wiki links I am reading up on it now. With a busy life and work it is hard to have time to look through this stuff and I just need pointed in the right direction sometimes. I do realize all of the information is out there already and I am not trying to be annoying asking something that is already published. : ) thanks again!

It seems a little better once he finds a spot on the mob he settles into but it is still something that will get this account banned if someone is watching when he first starts to attack and reports me.

I honestly have not found a way to not make any behind feature not look bottish. I would not use the behind feature to be honest unless someone can provide a better cmd.

Below is from my melee ini.

Code:
stickbreak=1
stickcmd=10 loose (this loose command uses turn increments instead of instant heading adjustment) other options for the line are stickcmd=stick !front moveback 10 (this would sticxk anywhere but the front.
stickmode=1 (this allows
stickrange=50