Crashing when chosing a server with EQEmu

I think its time to have a EQemu section.. hehe, I think the login server is down .. I read it somewhere, I just set up a minilogin server (lan server) so I can mess around ...

The loging server isn't down, I've tried this everyone once in a while for a few days, and it freezes computer. Also, I get to the server select screen (crash when trying to log into a server) so the login server isn't down..

yea, very odd then ... I am running around no problem on my lan server.. I tried logging in to the loggin server also and wouldnt let me ,... crashed

Nobody_Special said:
yea, very odd then ... I am running around no problem on my lan server.. I tried logging in to the loggin server also and wouldnt let me ,... crashed
PRobaly becuase you need to make eqhost go to the EQEmu server, not your one for minilogin thingy.

Yea, I did that .. I tried playing on there server before I did my own server.. This link was the reason I thought the login server was down ..

[ame="http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20514"]login server problems - EQEmulator Forums[/ame]

Nobody_Special said:
I think its time to have a EQemu section.. hehe, I think the login server is down .. I read it somewhere, I just set up a minilogin server (lan server) so I can mess around ...

Someone do up an EQEmu FAQ and i'll add a new EQEmu forum .

Fry.

Last edited:
same deal

i get to server select screen select a server it boots me back to username screen. i miss eq i got bannned from povar im not affriad to say it sony can suck my dick! :eek:

BigandHairy said:
i get to server select screen select a server it boots me back to username screen.
Not the same problem then... I just freeze up trying to log in to char select.

How can i play on my own server ? I use minilogin and yoda's FAQ

still get every this issue

what version of everquest do you have installed, is it the one off the Titanium CD ?

Have you patched it ?

I downloaded EQ Titanium from Bittorent.

nope, didn't installed from cd's

and nope, didn't patch anything

If you feel the copy you got from BitTorrent isn't an exact copy of the CD, send me a PM and I'll give you a link to a copy of the CD's I did myself.

Taron said:
If you feel the copy you got from BitTorrent isn't an exact copy of the CD, send me a PM and I'll give you a link to a copy of the CD's I did myself.

Thanks, but found the issue ;)

Wrong EQ Folder... i choose a empty folder while i installed the Database

I'm getting this same glitch when I click "PLAY EVERQUEST" on any of the servers. The window just kind of seizes up and the loading screen or character select screen do not show up. :confused: