Considering writing a new bot, looking for input

devestator

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
*EDITED*

Ok so it looks like right now a good Sk macro would be more unique and possibly more usefull. So I think I'm gonna look into doing that first. I may still look into a shaman bot later, but for now I think most people are content with what is available.

So post things you would like to see in an Sk macro!

Currently Planned Features
  • Ability to tank or off tank.
  • Use Taps / Dots
  • Melee Combat
  • Pet Support

Epic 1.5/2.0 click when mobs are in camp would be useful. I know you mentioned the buffing aspect but my shm bot is 85 and I can't get the macro I use for him to utilize the new Unity line of buffs effectively.

if you use the current shmbot, it does all that stuff without changing anything but spell names. making a whole new macro is a waste of time.

I would say a good bard macro or a good sk macro or a good pally macro.

If you do do shaman make it has good handling for Panther(IE check Tanks/DPS buffs to make sure they have it while mobs are in camp and not in debuff/heal mode)

Ability to make changes with an ini is always helpful.

Some way to set him to preset modes would be good.
ex. main healer / support(slows, debuffs, heals if needed, dps's) / pure dps

Epic click a must.

Support for slow/malo aa.

AI for when to use "emergency" group heal.

Lynx support and smart casting.

Set up to cast VP if {x} number of mobs in camp.

Keep Malo Idol up yes/no toggle.

Ability to auto buff as needed or take channel requests.

Know when/if he needs to rez. (ex. if main healer then set rez=yes)

Would be a wish list for me.

If people generally feel that the shaman bot is written well enough then I wont bother with a new shaman mac. And sorry but I generally don't take up updating other peoples work. I would end up recoding so much of it that I may as well write it from scratch. It's a bad habbit of mine if I ever try to update other peoples work =P

I'll just have to think of something else to work on, and am open to suggestions.

I've never played a Bard beyond 45, so no clue on what a bard macro would do. I do have a friend who plays a bard though, and seems to me a bard macro would be extremely simple... just have a list of songs to melody and attack the mob (No offense to bards out there). Of course it could be made more complex, but the basic function of the macro is simple is what I mean.

A SK Macro could be interesting, having it be able to tank or just simply dps (dps would be pretty simple). Making it a tank or possibly and offtank though would be fairly interesting to attempt, but I fear from my preliminary thoughts on it, would prove to be near impossible since there is no way to truely tell if a mob is aggro on you or someone in your group without the leadership Target of Target. Even though mercenaries generally suck, they have that one feature of being able to tell who a mob is aggro on that makes them more reliable. And I feel making a leadership aa a requirement for a macro to function correctly would be unacceptable.

Ranger macro that you could toggle on and off ranged-only attack, snare, etc would be nice. I've seen macros that do one or the other, but don't handle on-the-fly switching very well.

Dude, the way I see it, if you want to write another shaman bot macro, go for it. There are countless players out there and everyone single one of us all have different play styles not to mention, all of us look for something different in just about everything we do. If you feel that the current shaman bot doesn't exactly do everything you would like it to, then write a new one and change it to how you see fit. I understand about taking requests and such but there are so many different macros floating around that all have at least one copy of itself that is coded differently and/or does things in a different order. I say, write what you wanna write and feel free to post it. The ones that want to use it will DL it and the others that don't want to use it, won't DL it. I read in some of the posts above mine that there are certain aspects of the current shaman bot that isn't liked. If I were a good coder and actually took the time to learn what it would take, then I would work on it but I just don't have enough time/motivation to work on something that complex lol. Besides, with the new expac having come out and the max level changing, a lot of stuff could be done differently.

If you do an sk or pally macro have it have CC mode so it can split tank mobs.

As for bards.. It does seem simple but when you get into macroing mezzing with a bard / debuffs it gets a little complicated.

Let me start by saying that I have nothing but respect for all of you that write code,macro's,ect. As I said above I can not get a shm macro to utilize some of his list and mine effectively. And I've tried a couple to no avail.When adjusting shambot to use the Unity line it will go into a buffing loop till it's out of mana. I've set up the lynx line and it only cast by command no matter what I change.

if you really want to write something ..... i would say a good one to do is one for the pally / SK ....there does not seems to be a good mac out there for those 2 classes ..... unless i am wrong i have yet to see something good for those classes out there

I'll look into an SK to see what I can do, it actually works out cause I just finished plvling an gearing up an sk on a new account to play around with lol. So a bot for him would actually be kind of nice to have for myself anyway.

I'll update the main post, but also posting here.. what would people like to see in an SK bot? I know this is gonna be one large bot because sks are so versatile lol.

Regardless what people say do not put an auto pull in it. that takes to much work and customization after the fact.. Will just make more trouble then its worth helping people figure out how to set it up.

1. Assist MA based on eqbc command / group phrase / mob proximity
2. Make it able to tank up to hold aggro on 3 mobs but Kill one first.
3. call out in EQBC what mob should be killed regardless of what mob you are on.
4. Priest/Debuffer Protection - Cleric/Shaman/Druid/Enchanter getting raped move to them and use AE aggro to attempt to save them.
5. Anti dumbass mode - lets mage/necros/wizzies die who over aggro
6. Tag Event that you can fire thru EQBC to assist your puller
7. Immune to Mez awareness - Requires the player to update the mobs mez ability so it knows to tank those first if more then 1 mob in camp with an Enchanter mezzing.
8. Ini that is updateable on the fly thru aliases

there is no reason why you could not add into it FRY pulling mac that is Easy one to use

make it so that you can turn the pulling stuff off easy

with a MERC now most pally / SK can be just about fully auto

Unless you are going to post and help 9million people get the macro working thru pms/posts. Adding in pull logic is a mistake. Regardless how simple it is. Also along with help they will want your pull spot.

I agree Dev .. a decent one for SK would be sweet. But then so would a Paly one. And actually the Paly may be more fun to code as you have a few more options - like healing and buffing along with the tanking, spell damage, etc. I suspect decently thought out in advance .. you could actually make it work for both with some selective INI additions. Your Mage is nothing short of great, no reason to not assume a melee-type wouldn't live up to the same.
Or .. maybe move away from the afk slant to more of a fight assist design. Nothin sweeter then targeting a foe, press a button, and sit back and watch the quick and efficient destruction LOL.

there is no good Pally Mac out there and there is not good SK mac out there and those are to really good classes to mac as tanks....yes you can mod tank mac to get them to tank but that is about all .... no spells .... LOH Heals Life tap things like that

I started one a while back since my main is an SK, but never got far enough with it.

If you need any help / ideas / SK info feel free to send me a PM I'd be happy to help you out.