Config file order

Tribunalite

I ask a lot of questions!
Reaction score
I posted this on the MQ2 official forums, but never got anything from it. Any ideas? Is there a potential trap to set like /if address=666 then neighborissatan sort of error trap to just skip to the end of the .cfg?

I've noticed that any command in zoned.cfg fires when you're at the character select screen IF you've already been in game. It didn't used to do that, and spams a lot of errors. Is there an order to the .cfg files like autoexec.cfg, zoned.cfg, etc. so I can move my "I'm zoning, update inventory and things like that" macro so it doesn't spam errors and mess up data from /ini dumps?

I generally keep mine separated like:

charselect.cfg: Things to do at char select
ingame.cfg: Things to do once in game (i.e., any time you transition from char select to in game)
zoned.cfg: Things to do every zone. If it's something that shouldn't be done backed out like you mention, then I just precede it with a condition like: /if (${MacroQuest.GameState.Equal[INGAME]}) /dothis

The other config files I don't generally use. ingame.cfg is specific to our release, I had added it years ago, there wasn't any interest from core at the time to add the capability.

htw

Reactions: Tribunalite