Comcast/Xfinity Customers

How soon till the class action lawsuit?

This is such BS and typical of Comcast. Yeah, yeah, they assure customers that this doesn't affect the performance of their router but that has to be CRAP. The more useage demand put on a router the more it will downgrade performance... potentially.

And how long till some hacker figures out how to bridge the two networks on the same router and infiltrate the clueless homeowner's network?

Please nobody tell me "it can't be done" because those words are some of what I like to call:

FAMOUS LAST WORDS!

heh thats why you just buy your own modem so they cant do it

the hotspot does not slow down your speeds. It uses a b/w channel that your modem does not use for you. Still turn it off :) Also I wont say it cannot be done. I will say no one has done it yet. Also to even use the hotspot you need to login with your comcast email/password.

If you don't believe me actually do the research yourself instead of reading some article with an agenda. Run a speed test, now connect to your hotspot with another PC and start downloading a large file or a torrent with the fastest download and upload speeds you can set it to. Now run a speed test on your main PC you will not notice a speed difference.

Last edited:
LOL I use Verizon FIOS. They got their own "issues" like any big service provider but Comcast sux compared to Verizon FIOS.

the hotspot does not slow down your speeds. It uses a b/w channel that your modem does not use for you. Still turn it off :) Also I wont say it cannot be done. I will say no one has done it yet. Also to even use the hotspot you need to login with your comcast email/password.

If you don't believe me actually do the research yourself instead of reading some article with an agenda. Run a speed test, now connect to your hotspot with another PC and start downloading a large file or a torrent with the fastest download and upload speeds you can set it to. Now run a speed test on your main PC you will not notice a speed difference.

You can sell that shit to people who have not actually had issues until it was turned off.

I can run a speed test all day long, have a tech come out check my lines all day long. Does not change the fact when it is turned on through the day people lose connection quality.

The fact is Cable lines can only hold so much bandwidth, so while the modem can handle more, the cable lines that are over sold and out dated, can not.

Xbox1 rj45 cable 5 feet from the modem(hotspot on) while playing Titanfall/CoD/Forza online, it will literally force a reset on my connection. This is not the only issue I have with hotspot on. Just about any site that streams video is unwatchable regardless if you run a speed test and get 55/10 as a result.

Turn it off no longer dropping, ipad now can play Netflix, surface can now actually watch videos on.

So yea I actually did some research, before I posted the article. As I have been having this issue for going on 6+ months.

Lol lines have limited speed. The issue could be your area or modem etc but unless hundreds are connecting to your hotspot there is no reason the modem or lines cannot handle it. Btw the whole lines have limited b/w save that for someone else i know better. Comcast could offer 90% of its customers 10 times the speed they get now with no cost increase to what they pay now and it would cost them nothing to do it.

Lol lines have limited speed. The issue could be your area or modem etc but unless hundreds are connecting to your hotspot there is no reason the modem or lines cannot handle it. Btw the whole lines have limited b/w save that for someone else i know better. Comcast could offer 90% of its customers 10 times the speed they get now with no cost increase to what they pay now and it would cost them nothing to do it.

You clearly know better. That is why Comcast only offers 105MB connection max yet it can not even maintain the 105mb speed to the majority of its customers let alone actually offer it in a good chunk of its region. Why is that?

When you pull your head out of your ass, AREA is your lines. But you clearly know more then anyone so keep telling people to research and test it themselves.

Cable runs off copper and it is out dated. Again the lines are generally oversold and out dated.

Last edited:
copper can handle more than that.. but comcast my not be supplying enough of a back bone to support your area.

You clearly know better. That is why Comcast only offers 105MB connection max yet it can not even maintain the 105mb speed to the majority of its customers let alone actually offer it in a good chunk of its region. Why is that?

When you pull your head out of your ass, AREA is your lines. But you clearly know more then anyone so keep telling people to research and test it themselves.

Cable runs off copper and it is out dated. Again the lines are generally oversold and out dated.

I'll just leave this for you JJ.

http://www.fiercetelecom.com/story/...er-trial-creates-new-broadband-lab/2014-09-25

Last edited:
They just need to upgrade the wire(s) in your area. they did it here (Washington State) and it not only upped my bandwidth it has been UP with NO downtime for 3 years now.. No i dont live in a huge city either.

I live in a small town that they said the copper was to old and they wrecked it out , new switches/routers etc adn my node had a ton on it still does. I get 1gb down 45mb up all day all night.

Comcasts CS here is great.. ANYtime ive ever had a problem they send someone out the next day and bam...fixed~

I may be lucky but ..I wont ever change to FIOS or Frontier cable..lol

Jar

I use my own modem and router.
No crappy ISP-provided modem for me.
I learned my lesson with FIOS and their Actiontek piece of crap. I dropped FIOS because of that shit; I got tired of putting their modem in passthrough mode and using a downstream router with two internal network vlans.