Classic spell icon files

SiegeTank

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I'm a Luddite in this regard, I prefer the old "classic" spell and buff icons that go back to like 2005. I just could never make out the new ones. Yeah, I'd have probably learned if I had to, but like I said, I'm a Luddite.

So every time they issues a new "default" UI I would copy the classic icon files into the default folder, overwriting the new icon files.

This latest patch, that doesn't work. BUT... after some aggravation, I discovered they've added a new subfolder in the UIfiles folder called, appropriately enough, classic_spells_icons. Copying the contents of this subfolder into the default folder restored my beloved old icons.

This is kinda interesting. DBG must have modified these files somewhat so the original classic icon files don't work anymore. But in a surprising show of consideration to Luddites like me, they've provided updated versions of these classic icon files so we can keep on playing "old school."

Anyone else notice this change? Or am I the only Luddite on MMOBugs?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

No I definitely noticed it and appreciated it. I truly hate change when I have learned something. Therefore, I am keeping the classic ;)