Cheating warning!

That's pretty damn clear and basically says all MQ functions are banned. "Non-client windows" means nothing you run during gameplay is permitted that returns and/or displays info within the game's window. That eliminates the MQ window itself.

This is the most clearcut pronouncement they've ever made IMO. And it's much broader than what I thought from before. Even a program that reads log files (which is legal) and then provides damage info WITHIN THE GAME WINDOW is not permitted.

Just sayin', don't kill the messenger!

displaying info over the top of game window tech isnt in the game window is it ? im comfused anyway i doubt they will enforce all of it lol

You can open a Notepad file and move that window "over" the EQ client window. While I supposed DBG could discover that if they're reading sufficiently deeply into your computer's memory but I do NOT think they consider this to be "inside" their client window. So I can't see that as being what they're talking about.

I do agree they seem to have broadened their "third party" restrictions rather excessively and will probably back off maybe after this ban wave passes. But who the heck knows, it's all speculation. I don't even think GameParse is legal now and it's never been considered a problem before ever.

I wonder if DBG is under attack. I'm having a hard time even reaching their forums, on multiple computers.

Last edited:
i think this is more stop being a dick and keep to yourself and we will leave you alone

I honestly don't think their stance on MQ2 has changed really. They're not going to mass detect and mass ban for MQ2. Active hacks, they are clearly cracking down on once again.

With that said, any announcement they make about what is allowed versus what is NOT allowed is generally going to be geared to fear users from exploring programs such as this. They're obviously not going to tip a hat or nod at 'Casual and safe MQ2 is ok'. Everything they release publicly is going to look like MQ2 is totally illegal and immediate ban IMO.

Yeah, but this time they went so far as to say not only is MQ no good, but neither is IS boxer or EQWindows lite.

I could still play without MQ, but without MQ AND EQWindows lite forget it,
the 5+ (but under 8) exapansions and yearly gold price aint worth it.

Reading comprehension people.

From the DBG’s post, all that matters is the last paragraph “Cheating ban blah blah...”

Stop at least stop for couple weeks on active hacks, then you will be fine man. Ho w did you expect DBG to announce ? That “passive mq2 is acceptable”?? Come on man, basic political speaking technics.

KA

Yes, but it is the usual thing. Nothing really changed, I agree. They cannot allow openly MQ because enough people will whine and disagree. They cannot forbid it directly because enough people will do the same. To mention alone the political agreement with EQMule has escalated the posts. Look at the ridiculous thread in the EQ forum. So they say it as "foggy" as always and will ban all active hacks which are obvious or traceable which will include the hacks of some greedy idiots on the classic servers. All other options would surely ruin the game. That is something which some people never understand. But that is the reason why these people play and pay the game and others make and sell it! But they seem to have troubles with the income stream - they make marketing videos.. I am not sure that this is a good advertising compared to other games, the graphics looks awful... I stopped paying for that game. If they would be able to provide stable servers without a ton of errors (again GGH is not working properly and items disappear) - but then the focus needs to be more on the game itself. I am sure DGB has lost many subscriptions this year. 2018 was so far one of the worst gaming experiences in EQ (esp. with the instabilities on AB)...

So far I tested out of fun and academical interest another account. No /zone, only /warp. Account banned in a 24h-timeframe but this time without even a further notice via email. Other accounts with no active hacks had no problems so far which used MQ core. Perhaps the reason is also the age of the accounts. 10+ years get warnings and temporary suspensions while new ones get instant disabling/bans without further notice...

Any bans so far for MQ core?

i thought this was all because of abyss' little hack program. ive seen gms make announcements on the TLPs saying they banned people for hacking and unattended playing.

Using warp in the game is an intelligence test. If you use it, you probably don't have any.

Yet again...

Yet again, those making a profit using MQ2 active hacks trying to scare off everyone from using them so they can make profits. I warp, /zone and gank every day...on non-TLP servers, and with gold accounts. Please stop inciting paranoia!

Yet again, those making a profit using MQ2 active hacks trying to scare off everyone from using them so they can make profits. I warp, /zone and gank every day...on non-TLP servers, and with gold accounts. Please stop inciting paranoia!

Look, it's pretty simple. This site has a bunch of people reporting recent bans and suspensions and ALL of them reported enabling and using active hacks.

On the other major compile site (RG), there are only one or two reports, and they're suspensions for doing afk shit.

It doesn't take a genius to put the pieces together.

Well, let's not exaggerate. It's only a couple of people who actually said so far they were suspended or banned here, not a bunch. Not that I disagree that using warp/zone is just asking for it though. :) That's nothing new, anyone with any sense has known for many years, when you do it, you have to keep your fingers crossed nobody checks your logs (or at least if they do, they ignore it).

Also, cheating is cheating. Anyone taking some kind of thou art higher attitude because they don't use something active, is just full of it, IMO. So they think because they only assist, and generally automate their gameplay, they're not cheating and having a decided advantage over other non-cheating gamers? Please. (not pointing that at you, just in general).

htw

Well, let's not exaggerate. It's only a couple of people who actually said so far they were suspended or banned here, not a bunch. Not that I disagree that using warp/zone is just asking for it though. :) That's nothing new, anyone with any sense has known for many years, when you do it, you have to keep your fingers crossed nobody checks your logs (or at least if they do, they ignore it).

Also, cheating is cheating. Anyone taking some kind of thou art higher attitude because they don't use something active, is just full of it, IMO. So they think because they only assist, and generally automate their gameplay, they're not cheating and having a decided advantage over other non-cheating gamers? Please. (not pointing that at you, just in general).

htw

Totally agree cheating is cheating. Except when they look at your logs what will they find ? Not much if you dont warp/zone. However if you warp/zone it only takes 1 person to report you for anything you do and if they check the logs you're done.

People should follow the banner on this site Cheat Smarter.

Totally agree cheating is cheating. Except when they look at your logs what will they find ? Not much if you dont warp/zone. However if you warp/zone it only takes 1 person to report you for anything you do and if they check the logs you're done.

People should follow the banner on this site Cheat Smarter.
Except what? That's basically exactly what I stated. If that wasn't clear, my apologies.

htw

I'm bumping this old thread.

There is someone releasing active hacks for Truebox servers (like what happened last year), and it's gotten Daybreaks attention. Information from multiple sources and the latest changes to test server have pretty much confirmed another ban-wave is coming for active hacks.

We're going to lock down active hacks again so people don't accidentally use them without knowing the risks.

You can see Enabling Acitve Plugins Warp, Zone, Speed on how to enable them again, but I'd highly suggest staying away from them.