Cheating warning!

I'd like to see where they said MQ2 is OK if not AFK on ANY server!

It's times like these I wish Daybreak was a publicly traded company. I'd love to track their stock as their membership drops should they go through with their threats.

I would say it has more to do with TLP than live servers. I could be wrong but MQ isn't uncommon at all there and it is terribly obvious and those people just shit all over everybody else while calling them names.

If it is intended for live is it possible that server stability is being impacted by something mq users are doing? I notice that my sham crashes quite alot when zoning and in fights where my other toons never do. By alot I mean 2-3 times in 10 hours some days and never on others.

Maybe something to do with some of the do cracks even using them in instances. I never afk play and never use any docracks but I would be pissed if I was banned doing hunter or some stupid mission for an ach. What I do is nothing different than isboxer really just /bot and play, never shitting on people. I would think that I am safe from this but who knows. I could pay LAX for isboxer and do all the work myself but I would rather pay you guys for the ease of use.

Maybe somebody just got a bug up their ass and decided to change all the rules in the 9th inning.

Here's EQMules Take.

Eqmule [10:30 AM]

We bring more than half their business to live servers, I see people sub 12 gold accounts etc all the time coming from playing only 1 account... this would never happen without MQ2. Banning half their user base on live servers wouldn’t make any sense at all especially since I’m the only reason there is no MQ2 on truebox... there are ahk scripts etc and even some minor mq2like programs but they are extremely limited since they can’t fix the structs.

Eqmule [10:34 AM]

The plan? If they go full out banwave for just using MQ2 core on live servers? Well first their business would tank and secondly I would have no other choice than either go full root kit ring0 cat mouse game on them or simply just release structs again which would result in truebox MQ2. I don’t want that, and last I heard neither do they, the resources required to keep that going would eat up any profit they earn, it wouldn’t make any sense at all to go down that road and it would upset so many players that use MQ2 responsibly without bothering anyone else...

Eqmule [10:35 AM]

Besides to successfully mount that kind of defense would require them to basically hire someone that knows MQ2 as well as I do...

And there is none that do. Better just keep the equilibrium

----------------

Abyss released a program that allowed hacks on Truebox servers which got quite a bit of traffic this week. I believe it's them going after that.

Must drive Daybroke crazy to know EQMule is a better programmer than any of their coders. :)

I hope it's not predominantly TLP servers DB is focussing on. I box a large number of chars on one of them, and go out of my way to be respectful to any folks I encounter in my gameplay. Boxers being asshats, and/or AFK playing, warping etc, ruin it for the rest of us.

The problem are never functions of MQ2 per se - DGB is surely tolerating that to a certain extend - regardless which function. They want to earn money and without MQ2 Everquest would be long dead. This game is so buggy that even with MQ2 playing (e.g. months ago on AB) nobody suffers so long. Without MQ2 they would have closed EQ long ago. I know players who payed more than 18 chars in gold, including the expansion. MQ2 is a gold mine for DGB. Most over-rightous players are so greedy and envy by themselves that they even don't realize that fact.

The problem is like always the people - like in real life - and the law. As long as nobody complains and as long as the worlds spins without problems then everybody is good - regardsless if people cheat or break rules. But if a bunch of people complain - esp. for boxers who behave like morons, permacamp AFK certain spots which other players need too or killsteal then the problem starts.
Always think on

a) Other players
b) Server stability (if you design your own macros and perma-sent rapid data)

a) will annoy players who complain and on TLP it is a race. On life-servers this is only the case in the latest expansion or where there are drops which belong to the latest stuff (EoK ultrarares).

b) This is a real issue and DGB will instantly take measurements. GMs port instantly to the place where the glitches happen and if afk then a ban is sure, but they check it first. The same goes for hacks which influence the server in a negative way.

So behave and if you cheat or break the rules then be sure to not harm anybody or the world you are playing in!

I would steer clear of AFK botting and warping.

Would you think MQ2Melee would be ok if I am at the keyboard? It's the only reason I use MQ2. I have carpel tunnel and it keeps me from hitting buttons over and over and aggravating my injury.

I've had a character suspended twice by their algorithm in the last year or so, same character in unpopulated zones farming tradeskill items. I was at the keyboard both times and my account just went offline. Then I received the suspension email.

It was running the bot plugin and a little repeat macro I wrote. I assume my repeat macro triggered something. I stopped using it and have had no problems since.

The repeater macro just basically targetted nearest npc and sent pet to attack so I could farm some tradeskill items in a zone nobody else ever went to.

If they really do a perma ban wave for catching people using MQ, I'm with EQMule, their business will tank.

If I do get banned on my 6 active Gold accounts, I'd be done with this game. But if I stopped using MQ to avoid getting banned, I'd also be done with the game so I don't plan to change a damn thing.

avoiding

Yeah no reachit, warp, or map. or afking. I have used it as i normally do to turn my boxes into bots but only time will tell if I get banned. Things that essentially let you do and see things other players couldn't do or see is most likely what they are after.

What about AFK autoforaging?

It's impossible to say what exactly they are looking for until there are reported bans and the suspected reasoning behind them. I would stear clear of anything that gives you an advantage while AFK. Anything very repetitive over a long period of time. And warping should be a no brainer.

Can they not just disable it if they wanted like tlp ? Or can get around it?

I've had a character suspended twice by their algorithm in the last year or so, same character in unpopulated zones farming tradeskill items. I was at the keyboard both times and my account just went offline. Then I received the suspension email.

It was running the bot plugin and a little repeat macro I wrote. I assume my repeat macro triggered something. I stopped using it and have had no problems since.

The repeater macro just basically targetted nearest npc and sent pet to attack so I could farm some tradeskill items in a zone nobody else ever went to.

If they really do a perma ban wave for catching people using MQ, I'm with EQMule, their business will tank.

If I do get banned on my 6 active Gold accounts, I'd be done with this game. But if I stopped using MQ to avoid getting banned, I'd also be done with the game so I don't plan to change a damn thing.

Targeting sends a packet to their servers. If the mob is outside of normal targeting range they are notified. Proper macro would wait until you are close to a target before targeting them.

Use

/declare nearestmob int local ${NearestSpawn[1,npc noalert 1 targetable].ID}
/nav id ${nearestmob}

and then /if (${Spawn[id ${nearestmob}].LineOfSight}) /target id ${nearestmob}

Problem resolved.

Last edited: