CHAPTERHOUSE RAID A Matter of Life and Death

Crusty Lips

Reaction score
Anyone have any helpful info on this raid? It has been holding us back for a while now. Thanks so much in advance.

Most important part to this raid is rezzing. Make all your raid have hotkeys for /corpsedrag

The moment someone dies, their groupmates should be using that hotkey. The NPC's that drag corpses to the pools can't drag corpses if another player is corpsedragging it.

Don't use shaman or druid calls, always use real rezzes.

Have a shroud team of about 6-7, place your 4 most competent melee in charge of permanent shrouds. Stick those 4 in a group with 2 dedicated healers, we use druids.

During the living phase just have those 4 people on shroud duty, during the undead phase have everyone in shroud crew rotate in, since undead phase is harsh and has to die fast.

The living sacrifices can be single target buffed and healed, Marnek attempts to kill them during undead phase, you can't let them die or he powers up. It's winnable by letting 1, sometimes even 2 die but impossible basically if all 3 die.

It's also important to note that this is not a burn fight, slow and steady DPS will win it. If you burn, you'll overrun your raid with Wraiths and your shroud team won't be able to keep up.

Last edited:
If you have been working at it for weeks, maybe pointing out what your having trouble with exactly may lead to better help.

But to reiterate what Zdozbou has said.... this is about control and not burning.

The biggest thing you will find for this raid is having the 2 groups of players doing the shrouding doing that well and manage the spawn rate of the skeletons coming from it.

Once them people shrouding know the routine/manage it well the rest falls into place rather easily.

Also note that its best to make the wraith team out of pure melee class (Rogue, monk or zerker) since the skeletons that pop from those classes are mezzable by any chanter mez. The other classes are only mezzable by flash chromatic mez.

QUESTION since its like only 45 seconds in shroud form....how do you all stagger the shroud members to get wraiths dead AND beat on the skelly form?

How long does it take you to kill the skeletons? They should be dead in a heartbeat. Shroud gets more then 45 seconds or usable time.

Raid dps should be 2 shroud groups (1 dedicated for all wraith spawns/second group changes for during marnek undead phase)

Rest of raid should be dps on skellies/marnek.

We kill them pretty fast, but sometimes the zone bugs and we get an instant Animated Corpse if someone in the wraith group dies.

Its easier to lock down a skeleton with mez and burn the AC than kill the skeleton and OT AC during. Just throwing out that factoid.

OK question since it seems to be issue I spose for those that mezz....do you guys stagger your people going in so not to get x amount of skellies at once"? or go right in and just mass mezz the skellies that pop?

We let ours go in 2 at a time, no more than 2 Skeletons up at a time.. and if an Animated Corpse gets spawned, can lock them down with a mez.

We do it a bit different. We have 2 full groups assigned to shrouding. 1 healer in each group and they mainly focus on spot healing the MT group. Shrouds dont really need heals.

Once Marnek is engaged and hits 98% first 2 shroud. When their skeletons are dead next 2 shroud.

When first wraith pops should have 4 in shroud and 2 more coming soon. After that you will have 6-8 people in shroud at all times. This means wraiths die fast.

When people have 30 seconds left they start moving to deshroud. Once out they go back to the end of the line. This works out so that by the time I get back to shroud again I am usually next up. With 6-8 shrouded you can nuke down Marnek faster and kill wraiths with no worries of shrouded dieing. If you put shaman in the shroud group they can haste people once in shroud form which helps.

Rest of the raid kills Skeletons and the hopefully very rare animated corpse. Do not pop skeletons while an animated is up if you can avoid it.

Necros and wizards slowly take Marnek down at a pace that ensures only one wraith up at a time.

I was under the impression due to intel given to me that you couldnt cast what so ever on the shrouds or it heal/powered up maybe? the wraith. So shaman can cast haste on the shrouds?

If you put shaman in the shroud group they can haste people once in shroud form which helps

shaman is shrouded

If you put shaman in the shroud group they can haste people once in shroud form which helps

shaman is shrouded

Then don't shroud the shaman...?

Healing is not often needed for shrouds, but a healer in group is needed for while they are not shrouded.

haste is definitely handy for the shrouds

never been in the shroud grp so I dont know if healers can heal (ie actually have the ability to heal or only do it while not shrouded)

You can heal and buff the people in shrouds. You just can't do anything to the wraith. No live DPS on it at all. This includes any damage shields (so don't put DS buffs on the shrouds) as well as proc songs. If you have a bard in the shroud group, make sure they turn off any songs that have a DS or proc component. Things like Aria are still fine.

so a little confirmation here, my thoughts were casting on anyone in group never the wraith...... so you can heal or buff the people in the wraith group? and said shaman if its a shaman must be shrouded to do so? In shroud form we only get two abilities unless its different on a caster? btw tanks a ton for the info here from everyone.

OK.

When a player is shrouded, they can be buffed/heal like normal players. (They have like 1 million HP or something, i never shroude before) so healing is not incredibly effective.

Wraith can only be cast on/melee by players in shroud form.

The only different things that happen if a melee/caster goe sinto shroud is the skeleton that spawns. melee spawned skeletons can be mezzed. Im not sure personally on which classes spawn the non mezzable to be specific sorry.

we had a much better handle on it last nite, I m just curious if one group is enough to bane Marnek in bones, healing tho on shrouds is moot from what we saw, buffing yes was a go.

Use Range and Aggro ability to hold aggro with one of the wraiths, others only use banestrike and melee and the dmg is very moot that way. We only use 6 people for undead Marnek, and 6 for wraiths that spawn during.

We only use 6 people for undead Marnek

so you have a shroud grp attacking undead Marnek while hes trying to tap the victims?