Changing EQ Payment From Pounds to US $?

BuffBot

Once You Go Hack, You Never Go Back
Reaction score
Purchased an account and having trouble adding my CC. I noticed the currency is currently in pounds rather than USD. Is there a way to change this or am I screwed?

I did this not too long ago with an account purchased from a member here. You can do it without a problem. You must talk to a CSR and verify ownership of the account. They will change practically anything on it for you including the name, SQA, and currency (basically all things you cannot on the website).

That would be me, both of you! lol

And yeh, what Blitz says is correct. Ive had to do it from USD to GBP before

Ok thanks is this something I should do on the phone or through the website/email?

Go through live chat, or petition

If you're sly and smooth talking to people, use the phone. If you're a nervous wreck who can't sell for shit, use live chat.

Blitzkrieg used live chat

Just curious, how did you explain it, tried this once and they questioned the hell out of me :(

Basically what KK said. If they ask for further information, reiterate the fact you have all original information necessary for the account to be verified. Sometimes you may come across an asshole CSR who simply won't budge. That's your cue to try again for another CSR. Ultimately, CSR's deal with accounts. If you can verify the account, they really do not care about what you do to it, in terms of changing the information. Now, if you start blabbering about nonsense things they may become suspicious. You only answer the questions they ask, no more, no less straight to the point to a T. Mind you, think of a buddy system. The logs are recorded, they're being watched. You scratch their back, they scratch yours. Make it seem all legitimate, no harm no foul.

I have encountered the same problem. I bought an account from a chinese man and they asked why i needed to change the billing to usd to chinese money and I told them my uncle was from singapore and moved here. Had the issue resolved in seconds.

I have encountered the same problem. I bought an account from a chinese man and they asked why i needed to change the billing to usd to chinese money and I told them my uncle was from singapore and moved here. Had the issue resolved in seconds.

For future reference, I would be wary of any accounts residing in China simply because they may or may not be flagged and you may suffer repercussions down the road. Compromised accounts are cheap.

Last edited:
Basically what KK said. If they ask for further information, reiterate the fact you have all original information necessary for the account to be verified. Sometimes you may come across an asshole CSR who simply won't budge. That's your cue to try again for another CSR. Ultimately, CSR's deal with accounts. If you can verify the account, they really do not care about what you do to it, in terms of changing the information. Now, if you start blabbering about nonsense things they may become suspicious. You only answer the questions they ask, no more, no less straight to the point to a T. Mind you, think of a buddy system. The logs are recorded, they're being watched. You scratch their back, they scratch yours. Make it seem all legitimate, no harm no foul.

The CSR asked me why I was changing the currency..I said I moved and he asked what brought you over to the states?

:confused:

I'd ask him what color thong he was wearing tbh. Ask eric the dickhead on live chat support. He wont work with me cuz I told him I would burn his office to ashes.

I'm at work and I'm a wreck talking on the phone so I tried email. If that doesn't get me anywhere I'll try live chat tomorrow. Just want it done asap because I bought the account today and can even activate it yet to get in game!

On a side note, anyone have a game card they'd be willing to part with? Willng to overpay if that gets me in game tonight lol.

Thanks for the link. I'll try that tonight just to be able to login...