Cant login with MQ2 running

kram337

Reaction score
I know this isn't an MQ2 issue, but probably some invalid ini file some place. The issue; if I try to log into my eq account through the patcher, no problem. But if I circumvent the patcher by running mq2, and try to login at the everquest.exe login screen, it pauses for a minute then says "Error - a timeout occurred"

This only happened after I changed my password. It only happens to the account that I changed my password for. Almost like its ignoring the password I'm typing and referencing something else.

Any ideas?

MQ2AutoLogin will take information from MQ2AutoLogin.ini and try and login for you. Could be that.

Ah good suggestion. Though I checked and the plugin is disabled and the ini file for it is the default with no real data in it.

MMOLoader.exe blocks EverQuest.exe from launching due to EverQuest.exe having functions inside it which scans what processes are running, and in theory detecting MacroQuest2.

You'll need to get in game and then run MMOLoader, do the eqgame patchme trick, use EQLaunch, ISXBoxer or WinEQ2 to launch eqgame.exe.

Well to circumvent the issue right now I just launch the patcher with MMOLoader closed. Once I'm past the login screen I run MMOLoader and of course at that point I'm fine.

I was just hoping to fix the timeout error so I didn't have to shut down mmoloader every time I launch the game. It get's a bit annoying, specially when I'm crashing a lot after a patch and trying to figure out which line in my macro is causing the issue :)

Well to circumvent the issue right now I just launch the patcher with MMOLoader closed. Once I'm past the login screen I run MMOLoader and of course at that point I'm fine.

I was just hoping to fix the timeout error so I didn't have to shut down mmoloader every time I launch the game. It get's a bit annoying, specially when I'm crashing a lot after a patch and trying to figure out which line in my macro is causing the issue :)

Give this a shot: Bypass Launch Pad

I have the same issue on one account. However it wasn't a password change it was the authenticator was removed. Now I cannot log in this account using innerspace and am extremely frustrated.

Lax suggested pointing Innerspace to the patcher instead of EQgame, is this asking for trouble??

Not sure if its asking for trouble or not. Though I did try the bypassing launcher technique and it didn't help. =/ So I'm still unable to login to eq while mmoloader is running.