Bot Macro

trying to get guise of deceiver to autoclicky when i play the bot. it's listed under clickies, and i have mq2clicky and mq2clickymaintenance plugged in. do i need to add it to the mq2clicky ini also? or just the bot? hmm

If I remember correctly, this would be added under Buffs, like this:

BuffUse1=TRUE
BuffSpellName1=Guise of the Deceiver
BuffSpellIcon1=Illusion: Dark Elf
BuffSpellGem1=item
BuffAlias1=
BuffClasses1=self (this part I'm not 100% sure on, but I think SELF will indicate it's for you only?)
BuffConditions1=

awesome, thank you. going to try the same for jboots also.

Low Level Puller (Bard)

I am trying to set up a low level bard puller and not having much luck.

What would someone recommend for tagging the mob? Below is how I have it set up now:

[Pulling]
AlertListClear=FALSE
AlertListClearTimer=60m
AmIPuller=TRUE
PullRadius=500
PullZRadius=20
PullCastRange=50
MQ2NavPullRadius=10
MQ2NavPullZRadius=10
ReturnActionTotal=0
ReturnAction1=
PullConColor=LIGHT BLUE,BLUE,WHITE
CourseCorrectionTimer=5
PullingMethod=Standard
PullingAnnounceCMD=NULL
PullingTotal=1
PullAtMyHPs=75
PullSkillName1=Brusco's Boastful Bellow
PullSkillRequiresLineOfSight1=TRUE
PullSkillDistance1=75
PullSkillSummon1=
PullSkillName2=
PullSkillRequiresLineOfSight2=TRUE
PullSkillDistance2=
PullSkillSummon2=
PrePullSkillName=
PrePullSkillGem=
PrePullSkillDelay=
PrePullSkillReuse=

Clearly it is set up as simple as I could get it considering the bard is lvl 16. With this set up he will target the mob, run within range of casting, but do nothing else. I cannot get the bard to use Brusco's Boastful Bellow to tag the mob. He will just keep chasing the mob until he gives up and runs back to camp and then tried again.

I also cannot get the bard to stopsong in order to cast boastful bellow, or twist. Below is the bard section.

[Bard]
UseSingleMez=FALSE
UseCrescendo=FALSE
CrescendoAtGroupMana=30
CrescendoMyMinMana=30
UseSlow=FALSE
SlowName=Requiem of Time
UseTashOrb=FALSE
RestTwist=1 4
CombatTwist=2 3 4 5
CrescendoAtGroupEndurance=30
StopSongsIfPullerIsThisDistanceOrMore=0

And finally, once I manually pull (while trying to test the bot out, for example manually cast Brusco's to tag the mob) the bard will run back to camp on his own as he should, but will not attack anything. he will just stand there and get hit until my other toons who are assisting pull agro. In order to get around this I set assist to one of my other toons, as follows (but does not seem correct):

[Assist]
AssistType=3
AssistPC=<other toons name here>
AssistAt=100
OpeningMove=
AttackRange=150
AttackCommand=/attack on
AttackConditions=
AmIOffTank=FALSE
UseMelee=TRUE
UseArchery=FALSE
ArcheryMaxDistance=200
ArcheryMinDistance=35
SetTargetMessage=Kill_this
BurnModeAlias=BurnModeAlias

So essentially, I am obviously no master at creating custom bots. What guidance would anyone have for setting up a no thrills low level puller who is limited in capacity (no clicky items, no AAs, only one song to do detrimental dmg at a distance, etc...) ?

I simply want him to pick a mob, tag it, bring it back to camp, and attack. If he could twist while in combat it would be even better, but the basics of pulling is what I am having difficulty with at the low level.

Thanks in advance.

Pete, a question. I am running a druid and mage with Bot, and I've noticed they recast their buffs when I zone. I usually start the macros when I enter Tainted WK and that means zoning into DH and then the instance.

On every zone, the druid will recast Granitebark while the mage will cast the damage shield. They do it even though the buff is fresh.

It's not an issue for me, I'm mostly curious. Any ideas? Need sample code?

What is the command to stop leash so i can move to a new camp spot and then reenable leash? I cant remember how I did it in the past. thanks.

Anyone at this point.... if anyone can help me with what I am sure is trivial it would be greatly appreciated.

Attached is a snapshot of the loop I keep getting when trying to set up a low level bard as a puller. It loops this message and does nothing else. As mentioned above, the bard will run up to the mob and then this loop begins. I am simply trying to set up a lvl 16 bard to find a mob, tag it with Brusco's Boastful Bellow, run back to camp, and engage.

I posted some sections above but have not had any feedback. I will gladly post what is needed, but not sure what else to post.

Attachments

• Loop.jpg
    Loop.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 14
and...

Also, just changed my [assist] around to the following:

[Assist]
AssistType=3
AssistPC=on
AssistAt=100
OpeningMove=
AttackRange=150
AttackCommand=/kill_this
AttackConditions=
AmIOffTank=FALSE
UseMelee=TRUE
UseArchery=FALSE
ArcheryMaxDistance=200
ArcheryMinDistance=35

with [Bard] as follows:

[Bard]
UseSingleMez=FALSE
UseCrescendo=FALSE
CrescendoAtGroupMana=30
CrescendoMyMinMana=30
UseSlow=FALSE
SlowName=Requiem of Time
UseTashOrb=FALSE
RestTwist=7
CombatTwist=2 3 4 5

and got this new error message (see attached). I have no idea what this message is referring to. what are the "Null" values, and what is the "/twist once" referencing?

Attachments

• Macro Fail.jpg
    Macro Fail.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 15
What is the command to stop leash so i can move to a new camp spot and then reenable leash? I cant remember how I did it in the past. thanks.

At the top of your INI, set UseCamp to FALSE.

I still want to be able to use the camp feature, just need to turn it offf and back on when I move to a new spot. I used to do it all the time, but cant remember the command :)

I noticed there is a MQ2Bot as well as Bot macro. Are they essentially the same and which is better performance wise

Soooo... Is support non-existent these days? After patiently waiting for awhile... quite a while in fact (weeks), for help, not to mention the PM's sent without any response what so ever, I am still stuck without any sort of feedback to resolve my problems. I understand that I may be a retard, but that is not to negate the fact that I've paid like everyone else. So, what is up? At this point I am unable to use this product and am becoming extremely dissatisfied. Despite my dilemma, being as trivial as it may be, I cannot seem to manage to get answers to the simplest of questions. I would much rather be told to kick rocks at this point so I know not to pay anymore than to be ignored. I know the product works, and that the problem lies with my execution of the product, but shit man.... I cannot figure it out, and since I've paid would at the least appreciate some sort of response.

Have you tried just using the MQ2Bot plugin instead?
/plugin mq2bot
/bot on

Also what plugins are you actually loading at the moment?
You may need to load the MQ2Twist plugin if you haven't.

Last edited:
Also, just changed my [assist] around to the following:

[Assist]
AssistType=3
AssistPC=on
AssistAt=100
OpeningMove=
AttackRange=150
AttackCommand=/kill_this
AttackConditions=
AmIOffTank=FALSE
UseMelee=TRUE
UseArchery=FALSE
ArcheryMaxDistance=200
ArcheryMinDistance=35

with [Bard] as follows:

[Bard]
UseSingleMez=FALSE
UseCrescendo=FALSE
CrescendoAtGroupMana=30
CrescendoMyMinMana=30
UseSlow=FALSE
SlowName=Requiem of Time
UseTashOrb=FALSE
RestTwist=7
CombatTwist=2 3 4 5

and got this new error message (see attached). I have no idea what this message is referring to. what are the "Null" values, and what is the "/twist once" referencing?

Not sure on your pulling issue, but your error message shows that you have xtarget1 set to auto hater, and you are using assisttype3. xTarget1 should be set to group assists target.

Not sure on your pulling issue, but your error message shows that you have xtarget1 set to auto hater, and you are using assisttype3. xTarget1 should be set to group assists target.

I changed assisttype back shortly after making that post. When I made that particular post I was trying different things in an attempt to fix my issue, which was unsuccessful.

Thanks for the replies btw.

I will look into the other bot. I just can't explain why this is such an issue for me. I've set up pullers on all sorts of toons, ranging from bards, monks, beasts, warriors, and even a berserker. The only difference here in this instance being they were 105 and had mercs to assist.

Last edited:
Soooo... Is support non-existent these days? After patiently waiting for awhile... quite a while in fact (weeks), for help, not to mention the PM's sent without any response what so ever, I am still stuck without any sort of feedback to resolve my problems. I understand that I may be a retard, but that is not to negate the fact that I've paid like everyone else. So, what is up? At this point I am unable to use this product and am becoming extremely dissatisfied. Despite my dilemma, being as trivial as it may be, I cannot seem to manage to get answers to the simplest of questions. I would much rather be told to kick rocks at this point so I know not to pay anymore than to be ignored. I know the product works, and that the problem lies with my execution of the product, but shit man.... I cannot figure it out, and since I've paid would at the least appreciate some sort of response.

This macro was given to the community and as such I think the writer of it can do whatever the fuck he wants including ignoring any request for help because he is busy.

On that note, keep reading the wikis over and over, you'll get it.

Are you sure you spelled the pull skill correctly? I have no problem using an AA to pull on my bard on the Vox server

Last edited:

This macro was given to the community and as such I think the writer of it can do whatever the fuck he wants including ignoring any request for help because he is busy.

On that note, keep reading the wikis over and over, you'll get it.

Are you sure you spelled the pull skill correctly? I have no problem using an AA to pull on my bard on the Vox server

I'm pretty convinced his particular error is a lack of a loaded MQ2Twist. It's parsing the command correctly, but it's a non-native command.

Assist/Mez/Etc

Any suggestions on how to make things run smoothly on Ragefire where Extended window isn't available. Having a hard time with getting toons to assist or mez correctly. I tried changing to /assisttype 1, but I'm not getting better results.

Thanks

What does "DoCommand - Couldn't parse '/twist once 7' mean???

This loops continuously.

Is it possible to pull with attack, kick, tiger claw, or anything like that?

If so, what do I put in these fields???

PrePullSkillName=Tiger Claw
PrePullSkillGem=disc

because this does not work, and the wiki is not clear on what to put in these fields unless it is a spell, AA, disc, or an item... none of which I have.

What does "DoCommand - Couldn't parse '/twist once 7' mean???

This loops continuously.

That loop means the macro is trying to execute the command, but it's an invalid command.

It's most likely invalid because MQ2Twist isn't loaded. It can be loaded by typing the following:

/plugin mq2twist