Bot Macro

I've dropped support entirely for bot.mac and mq2bot will eventually do everything and more that bot.mac did. The only things missing really are full on pull support and buffing group members other than using group self buffs on yourself. im actually surprised so many people even use bot.mac considering the plugin is so much easier and does virtually the same thing with 0 setup. Maybe people are afraid because they think a plugin is hard? i dont know.

As I've said in the past, Pete, I didn't like the plugin because it lacked the fine grain control of the macro. I'd get into a fight with a trash mob and the wizard would unload every one of his AA on it like I normally scripted to wait to do on a named.

If the plugin INI allows me the same level control as the macro, I'll try it again. While ideal, the macro has a lot of issues that I can't fix.

You can adjust for when the AA goes off. Let's say when you /bot on the AA comes up as Nuke1 on the list, you can set the nuke to go off only on named by typing NukeIf1=${Bot.Named} in the ini. With that said, I've changed over a couple of my characters to the plugin recently and noticed a few things that could be improved per class. Perhaps when Pete returns from his break, I'll make a few suggestions. Plugin wise, I've noticed an improvement with the bard and shaman but the mage seemed to work better with the macro.

The best thing about the bot macro was people sharing their INIs. That made it possible for others to get going. That needs to happen with the plugin.

The bot macro is broken again effective this patch. It goes into a loop of renewing your Shadow buffs over and over again. Someone had worked around a fix a few months back but that's now broken.

bot.mac is part of the compile btw. so if you don't unselect macros, it will overwrite them. 99% chance this is your issue.

bot.mac is part of the compile btw. so if you don't unselect macros, it will overwrite them. 99% chance this is your issue.

I use very very few plugins but see nothing for macros in the plugin config. What is its specific name? I know MQ2Bot is unchecked.

Hello, playing catch up since coming back. I've through the majority of this thread and elsewhere to get a firm bearing. There was mention of the latest bot macro being in the MMOBugs compile. However, a diff of that file included in the latest compile and the one last modified 5/24/2015 on the first page of this thread show no differences. Is this correct, or is there a newer version elsewhere (other than 40oz's separate change thread) that should be included in the compile releases?

Hello, playing catch up since coming back. I've through the majority of this thread and elsewhere to get a firm bearing. There was mention of the latest bot macro being in the MMOBugs compile. However, a diff of that file included in the latest compile and the one last modified 5/24/2015 on the first page of this thread show no differences. Is this correct, or is there a newer version elsewhere (other than 40oz's separate change thread) that should be included in the compile releases?

I've got quite a few fixes in my thread with only two functional differences I think (an additional include that can be commented out with no issue, and I changed the ini file name).

Not sure with the goal you're going for if you'd like to start from there or what. Fry said he'd merge mine in when I'm happy with it, I've just been slow to finish my todo list and bug him about it. Either way, happy to collaborate/help how I can, time allowing.

Cool man, yeah I just want to make sure I have the full context before doing something that'll piss anyone off. I certainly don't want to diminish anyone's hard work, but hoping to merge all fixes into the final result that ends up bundled into current and future compile releases in a respectful manner that doesn't send the wrong message to you and PeteSampras and the other awesome developers in this community.

Once I jump into merging any critical changes for the bot.mac I'll get up with you, so just smack me around I do anything you don't appreciate!

Cool man, yeah I just want to make sure I have the full context before doing something that'll piss anyone off. I certainly don't want to diminish anyone's hard work, but hoping to merge all fixes into the final result that ends up bundled into current and future compile releases in a respectful manner that doesn't send the wrong message to you and PeteSampras and the other awesome developers in this community.

Once I jump into merging any critical changes for the bot.mac I'll get up with you, so just smack me around I do anything you don't appreciate!

The bot.mac hasn't been updated in ages, and merging in a traditional source control with mine will be impossible as I actually went through and indented everything properly, so I've basically changed every line.

Just reach out when you get to this one, I can give you a hand.

40, the single biggest issue for me with this macro is its inability to switch targets. Sample situation: I target a mob, then choose another. My chanter and wizard remained locked on the first one rather than change.

If I use the clear command, the wizard will clear but the chanter will not. I have to stop the macro and restart it.

If you could fix this problem I would be so damn happy.