Bloody Kithicor -

You need to control the group placements very carefully...It's critical that you not get cross-dotted, and the OT group shouldn't get any dots at all...

Are you thinking about the right event? Maybe you are confusing the council raid with this one. I don't see how it is possible that the OT group wouldn't get hit by all 3dots at some point let alone not 1. Please explain your setup.

It's incredibly tight and a complete pita to do, but somehow we managed to do it. Everything gets engaged at pop, I think. Maybe there was a little bit of pulling out, but the number one thing focused on was not sharing dots between groups.

Sorry I'm not much help.

BC

we tried this a few times recently.

Tried engaging all the groups at the same time, hoping to forestall the NPC aging, no.

Tried killign the priests first, got all 4 priest dead which we thought would give us time on the ritualists but then the event ended with the NPC death.

What i need to know is what determines whether the priest or the ritualists die first and what specificallly stops/causes the ageing.

we tried this a few times recently.

Tried engaging all the groups at the same time, hoping to forestall the NPC aging, no.

Tried killign the priests first, got all 4 priest dead which we thought would give us time on the ritualists but then the event ended with the NPC death.

What i need to know is what determines whether the priest or the ritualists die first and what specificallly stops/causes the ageing.

The way I understand it currently, the priests are aging all the time. This is suppose to be fixed so that if they are "engaged" they do not continue to do this. It seems that right now, this event is hard for any guild that can't just burn it down quickly, guilds that focus more on slower fights with less DPS are having problems due to the aging happening even if they are engaged.

so if the priests are doing the aging, if all the priests die shouldn't that give us time to clear the rest?

Kill all the ritualists first, then priests last. Switch direction each time it calls, if you move fast should kill them all no issue, if you have extra time, kill the priests. So Like when it all spawns start nw kill some ritualists, till it calls a direction, say...sw then move all of the raid minus 1 tank down SW kill however many ritualists you can, leave 1 tank on the priest, then go the next direction and so on.

Then just clean up the rest then spawns named kill it for loot !

Kill all the ritualists first, then priests last. Switch direction each time it calls, if you move fast should kill them all no issue, if you have extra time, kill the priests. So Like when it all spawns start nw kill some ritualists, till it calls a direction, say...sw then move all of the raid minus 1 tank down SW kill however many ritualists you can, leave 1 tank on the priest, then go the next direction and so on.

Then just clean up the rest then spawns named kill it for loot !

So you are leaving just 1 tank and a healer to tank the remaining adds in the prior group just engaged? How are you dealing with the dots on the raid?

MGB heals and its the ritualists doing most of the ae's the more dead, the less ae's its only bad the first few sets, Disc the first few sets dead

Fist of all, I would like to thank you guys for all the help you've given my guild with raid strats. As such, I'd like to do my part with the strat we've used to beat this event.

The direction emotes come every 1 minute and we call the raid back at about 50 seconds. No Pets or DoTs! Priests are killed first, then the ritualists.

Buff outside the instance. When told to do so, zone in but DO NOT MOVE...AT ALL! Moving a short distance from exactly where we zone in can start the event.

When all are inside, charge will be called. Everyone run to where the NPC battle is taking place and huddle by the rock in the middle of it all. 3 Kyvs will spawn and attack the NPCs. 1 Knight needs to get SOLID aggro on them and keep them occupied for the duration of the fight. They hit fast but not hard. Casters debuff them then stand there and look pretty. Save your mana for the next phase.

Casters must try to not out aggro the tanks while burning hard. Silent Casting will be your friend for this fight. Burn hard and steady from here on out.

About 10 min after charge is called, one of the NPCs will be struck down and 4 groups of 4 Anueks will spawn in the NW, NE, SE, and SW corners.

Melee will setup at the North West camp before they spawn and burn them as soon as they pop. You have less than a minute to do as much damage as you can before OTM back to The Rock will be called. If you are in the middle of a disc run to the rock anyway! Standing there getting a last few swings in can age the NPC further and cause us to fail. If you're running back to the rock and get summoned and FD'd, DO NOT STAND UP! Stay down until the emotes get the raid back to you so you don't reaggro and cause even more aging of NPCs. You'll be fine. We've seen it work before.

Once the emote is made, we have a very short time to aggro the next set of anueks at that camp to prevent them from interfering with the storyline. All MELEE will charge the anueks at the location called and the raid burns hard again once aggro is set.

All CASTERS AND HEALERS will stay in the middle of the fight near the rock to minimize DoTs. If you're a squishy melee, stay with the casters and range DPS. You're sustained, crappy, ranged DPS will average out to be more than what you'd do from the guild lobby. All tanks need to try to get a different anuek and be ready to pick up another if you see a fellow tank get FD'd. One healer should be able to keep each tank up if the mobs are all off tanked by different tanks.

Again, the raid will have less than a minute from the time the emote is called to the time OTM back to The Rock will be called. Burn, Burn, Burn! OTM back to The Rock will effectively kite the anueks and allow aggro to reset properly. MOVE WITH THE RAID AND STAY DOWN IF YOU GET FD'd!

When you're at the rock, get cures to get rid of DoTs (Radiant cure and Corruption cures) and get a group HoT going for the next charge if available. Soon another emote will be made for a new direction. Melee will charge...etc. Rinse and repeat until all anueks are dead. The next phase may start without all anueks dead!

General Bahgresh may or may not spawn with the kyvs from phase one still up. He did in the past when there was a couple Anueks up as well. HE SPAWNS ON THE ROCK so healers and casters beware. The first of the TO will be set there to quickly grab aggro. When he spawns, we will off tank the General while we finish off the kyvs. All heals must go to the Tank! The General hits for about 7 or 8K with defensive.

DPS the kyvs down balancing all their healths. When their healths are low enough, they will despawn and respawn at 75, 50, and 25% healths and eventually die. Once the kyvs are dead, DPS General Bahgresh till he's dead and we win.

Hope this helps. Thanks again guys.

Thanks jaffat. This is a really beautiful writeup, and answers a lot of questions my guild had regarding aging and such. Great first post, btw :)

Fist of all, I would like to thank you guys for all the help you've given my guild with raid strats. As such, I'd like to do my part with the strat we've used to beat this event.

The direction emotes come every 1 minute and we call the raid back at about 50 seconds. No Pets or DoTs! Priests are killed first, then the ritualists.

Buff outside the instance. When told to do so, zone in but DO NOT MOVE...AT ALL! Moving a short distance from exactly where we zone in can start the event.

When all are inside, charge will be called. Everyone run to where the NPC battle is taking place and huddle by the rock in the middle of it all. 3 Kyvs will spawn and attack the NPCs. 1 Knight needs to get SOLID aggro on them and keep them occupied for the duration of the fight. They hit fast but not hard. Casters debuff them then stand there and look pretty. Save your mana for the next phase.

Casters must try to not out aggro the tanks while burning hard. Silent Casting will be your friend for this fight. Burn hard and steady from here on out.

About 10 min after charge is called, one of the NPCs will be struck down and 4 groups of 4 Anueks will spawn in the NW, NE, SE, and SW corners.

Melee will setup at the North West camp before they spawn and burn them as soon as they pop. You have less than a minute to do as much damage as you can before OTM back to The Rock will be called. If you are in the middle of a disc run to the rock anyway! Standing there getting a last few swings in can age the NPC further and cause us to fail. If you're running back to the rock and get summoned and FD'd, DO NOT STAND UP! Stay down until the emotes get the raid back to you so you don't reaggro and cause even more aging of NPCs. You'll be fine. We've seen it work before.

Once the emote is made, we have a very short time to aggro the next set of anueks at that camp to prevent them from interfering with the storyline. All MELEE will charge the anueks at the location called and the raid burns hard again once aggro is set.

All CASTERS AND HEALERS will stay in the middle of the fight near the rock to minimize DoTs. If you're a squishy melee, stay with the casters and range DPS. You're sustained, crappy, ranged DPS will average out to be more than what you'd do from the guild lobby. All tanks need to try to get a different anuek and be ready to pick up another if you see a fellow tank get FD'd. One healer should be able to keep each tank up if the mobs are all off tanked by different tanks.

Again, the raid will have less than a minute from the time the emote is called to the time OTM back to The Rock will be called. Burn, Burn, Burn! OTM back to The Rock will effectively kite the anueks and allow aggro to reset properly. MOVE WITH THE RAID AND STAY DOWN IF YOU GET FD'd!

When you're at the rock, get cures to get rid of DoTs (Radiant cure and Corruption cures) and get a group HoT going for the next charge if available. Soon another emote will be made for a new direction. Melee will charge...etc. Rinse and repeat until all anueks are dead. The next phase may start without all anueks dead!

General Bahgresh may or may not spawn with the kyvs from phase one still up. He did in the past when there was a couple Anueks up as well. HE SPAWNS ON THE ROCK so healers and casters beware. The first of the TO will be set there to quickly grab aggro. When he spawns, we will off tank the General while we finish off the kyvs. All heals must go to the Tank! The General hits for about 7 or 8K with defensive.

DPS the kyvs down balancing all their healths. When their healths are low enough, they will despawn and respawn at 75, 50, and 25% healths and eventually die. Once the kyvs are dead, DPS General Bahgresh till he's dead and we win.

Hope this helps. Thanks again guys.

Thank you for the write-up. A couple questions: Are you saying that you withdraw ALL your raiders from the group of anueks they were currently engaged with? Meaning, the Anueks spawn, you burn down two, a new emote fires, everyone goes to the new emote location and you allow the surviving anueks to reset with no tanks left behind Oting them?

if i am gathering what he is saying... he is saying burn for 50 seconds and completely disengage and move back to the rock.

He is also saying if you get FD STAY DOWN till the emote brings the raid back to YOUR LOCATION, not the next emote. That's my take.. just by what he is saying IMO.

ok how do you get the priests away from the ritualists? They seem to leash together short range... We had a decent run at this and killed 3/4 priests but since then we get owned by the AE... well... mostly casters get owned but i can typically resist some of the AE's (-500) and use heal pots to live.

if i am gathering what he is saying... he is saying burn for 50 seconds and completely disengage and move back to the rock.

He is also saying if you get FD STAY DOWN till the emote brings the raid back to YOUR LOCATION, not the next emote. That's my take.. just by what he is saying IMO.

You may be right. I guess the acronym OTM has me confused. Is that Offtank the mobs or ON THE MOVE?

So, can you just split the raid up in to 4 teams and just kill every thing at once? It seems like assisting leaves a lot of room for error if the raid isn't quick enough or if some one stays on aggro after 50 seconds.

I think about all the methods here work. It just depends on your raid setup. For Us most of the time we ignore the priests and just kill a ritualist or 2-3 each emote that calls a direction, till we've killed everything. From what i've seen killing any mob in the direction called stops them from damaging the mobs your protecting so being fast on dps when a side is called is key. But your results may vary. As meantioned by others casters in the center (as long as they don't over aggro and leash the mobs) is the win. other then that just aoe heals alot keep hots on groups and burn through it, once you've got a few ritualists in each camp dead it becomes alot easier. Having pet users susspend pets on the last mob alive in the 4 camps is advised since any pet out when the general attacks, ends up attacking the raid.

Thank you for the write-up. A couple questions: Are you saying that you withdraw ALL your raiders from the group of anueks they were currently engaged with? Meaning, the Anueks spawn, you burn down two, a new emote fires, everyone goes to the new emote location and you allow the surviving anueks to reset with no tanks left behind Oting them?

Sorry for the delay, had to renew my subscription. The anueks not being engaged (or engaged when the emote is not their direction) is what causes the NPCs to be aged. Each direction is associated with a particular NPC so you can only have each NPC aged about 10 times iirc.

At 45/50 seconds we call On The Move (OTM) back to the rock. This gives the slower people time to react and effectively kites them for a tick or so. We also have voice tell to the raid for retreat. A tick is generally not enough time for them to age the NPCs again. After a new emote is called, the aggro with previous set of anueks resets and you must go after the new emoted direction. So to clarify, ALL toons run back to the center. And Dlong is right, STAY DOWN if FD'd after OTM is called.

holysheetman: We don't split the priests away, we kill them at the camp they stand in. The MA simply targets them first, the raid blows it up, and we just kill other anueks as time permits. Each tank takes a different anuek and it's like healing a semi-hard groupable mob and the reason for splitting the tanks and healers into semi balanced groups.

seductive_words: We tried that and got WTFMcPwn'd. My guild doesn't have the highest DPS and some still don't have max resists, /boggle. Just like all strats, it took a few tries with this strat until everyone was on the same page, but now it's not so bad now that we're familiar with it.

Just to confirm, I have done it successfully both ways, it depends on your raid though. If you aren't tank and healer heavy the assist way works best, but your raid has to be on point about changing directions. One thing to note if you are going to tank all four sides is that you don't have to engage the sides until they are called.
So you can set up tank groups by each side and have them wait to engage until their side is called. Kill priests first to eliminate one of the ae's. DPS follows emotes and burns discs on each of the priests when that side is called that way the tanks only have to deal with three rits while the raid moves to the next emote and tank group stays there. They key is once that side is aggro'd the specified tanks have to stay there and that group can't die.

Is this event broked

When was the last time anyone successfully did this encounter?