Bloody Kithicor -

I am confused here because some people are saying to engage all the camps and it's fine, others say that having a camp engaged when their direction isn't called will cause that camp to age the NPCs.

What I am thinking is to go in and as soon as camps spawn pick one and a tank alone charges in with heals on him. Burn down 1 npc, if the event was working then the priest, but since it appears that mechanism is broken, any will do. Priest probably the best though given it's name so it doesn't heal others that are being burned.

An emote gets called now another tank will charge that camp alone, range kill again.

Continue this till all the camps are engaged. Then just move around killing till all are dead. I assumed since the general spawn is based on the ritualists, you want to leave at least one ritualist up. Now of course this mechanism is broken as well so you can have the general spawn with aneuks still up. If it works properly though, I figure you kill all but one, then deal with the Kyvs. My only interest in the kyvs is to get rid of them so they don't get messed with during the general.

I've gone over my logs and never seen the priests cast anything, The a/es are all from the ritualists. The two normal ones are 5k and 8k per a tick, that's 13k dmg per tick. Even if you can avoid the viral a/e that's still a lot of dmg on the raidforce, which is why I'm leaning to range killing. If the stupid viral gets loose, you've got 19k per tick.

How in the hell do you heal vs 13k per tick?

I think it was intended to be a ranged fight, that's why they will Summon and FD people.

Has anyone tried this? SKs would be the best choice of course for tanking all four due to their superior a/e aggro, but as long as you can keep aggro going on the mobs healers shouldn't get summoned which is my main fear, the healers getting pass on aggro to the non engaged mobs and being summoned.

Sorry for the long post, but it's an explanation on how we came up with our strat.

It all depends on your guild's DPS and raid makeup. My guild beat this before we broke into Crystallos so you can imagine how suck our DPS is compared to other guilds and why we had to do it with the emotes.

Here's our parses from what we logged from the 3 fails before we got our first win. Kills identify when we killed an anuek:

We followed the emotes and had issues with Pets, DoTs on the NPCs, and people trying to finish their discs
Code:
22:08:27  0:00 - zone init
22:13:46  0:00 - anuek spawn
22:14:41  0:55 - mobs NW
22:15:11  1:25 - aged Firiona Vie
22:15:21  1:35 - aged Firiona Vie
22:15:28  1:42 - kill
22:15:41  1:55 - mobs SE
22:16:06  2:20 - aged Laarthik K`Shin
22:16:09  2:23 - kill
22:16:16  2:30 - aged Laarthik K`Shin
22:16:26  2:40 - aged Laarthik K`Shin
22:16:36  2:50 - aged Laarthik K`Shin
22:16:41  2:55 - mobs SW
22:16:46  3:00 - aged Laarthik K`Shin
22:16:56  3:10 - aged Laarthik K`Shin
22:17:06  3:20 - aged Laarthik K`Shin
22:17:11  3:25 - Galeth aged
22:17:16  3:30 - aged Laarthik K`Shin
22:17:18  3:32 - kill
22:17:21  3:35 - Galeth aged
22:17:26  3:40 - aged Laarthik K`Shin
22:17:31  3:45 - Galeth aged
22:17:36  3:50 - aged Laarthik K`Shin
22:17:38  3:52 - fail-light (Laarthik K`Shin dead, Galeth + Firiona finish Lanys)

We followed the emotes but had alot of tanks fighting for aggro on the same NPCs /sigh
Code:
22:35:07  0:00 - zone init
22:46:32  0:00 - anuek spawn
22:47:29  0:57 - mobs NE
22:47:57  1:25 - aged Lanys T`Vyl
22:48:07  1:35 - aged Lanys T`Vyl
22:48:11  1:39 - kill
22:48:29  1:57 - mobs NW
22:48:57  2:25 - aged Firiona Vie
22:49:07  2:35 - aged Firiona Vie
22:49:17  2:45 - aged Firiona Vie
22:49:27  2:55 - aged Firiona Vie
22:49:29  2:57 - mobs SW
22:49:30  2:58 - kill
22:49:57  3:25 - Galeth aged
22:50:07  3:35 - Galeth aged
22:50:17  3:45 - Galeth aged
22:50:27  3:55 - Galeth aged
22:50:37  4:05 - Galeth aged
22:50:38  4:06 - kill
22:50:39  4:07 - mobs NE
22:50:47  4:15 - aged Lanys T`Vyl
22:50:57  4:25 - aged Lanys T`Vyl
22:51:07  4:35 - aged Lanys T`Vyl
22:51:17  4:45 - aged Lanys T`Vyl
22:51:27  4:55 - aged Lanys T`Vyl
22:51:37  5:05 - aged Lanys T`Vyl
22:51:43  5:11 - kill
22:52:39  6:07 - mobs SW
22:52:47  6:15 - Galeth aged
22:52:57  6:25 - Galeth aged
22:53:07  6:35 - Galeth aged
22:53:17  6:45 - Galeth aged
22:53:23  6:51 - fail-dark (Galeth Veredeth dead, Laarthik + Lanys finish Firiona Vie)

We tried engaging all camps at the same time and got straight rickrolled
Code:
00:00:49  0:00 - zone init
00:11:58  0:00 - anuek spawn
00:12:54  0:56 - mobs NE
00:13:24  1:26 - aged Lanys T`Vyl
00:13:33  1:35 - aged Lanys T`Vyl
00:13:39  1:41 - kill
00:13:44  1:46 - aged Lanys T`Vyl
00:13:45  1:47 - kill
00:13:54  1:56 - aged Lanys T`Vyl
00:13:58  2:00 - mobs SW
00:14:03  2:05 - aged Lanys T`Vyl
00:14:14  2:16 - aged Lanys T`Vyl
00:14:23  2:25 - aged Lanys T`Vyl
00:14:23  2:25 - Galeth aged
00:14:34  2:36 - aged Lanys T`Vyl
00:14:34  2:36 - Galeth aged
00:14:44  2:46 - aged Lanys T`Vyl
00:14:44  2:46 - Galeth aged
00:14:54  2:56 - aged Lanys T`Vyl
00:14:54  2:56 - Galeth aged
00:14:57  2:59 - fail-light (Lanys T`Vyl dead, Firiona + Galeth finish Laarthik)

What we learned from these 3 fights:
1) There is an approximately 56 second delay between the anueks spawning and the first direction being called.
2) There is exactly a 30 second buffer between the direction being called and the associated NPC first being aged.
3) The directional emotes are spaced apart every 1min!
4) All directions emoted are random, but never the same direction twice.
5) The NPCs aged are in relation to the emoted direction. Each direction ages a different NPC.
6) NPCs are aged when the emoted camp is not all aggro'd for the length of time necessary for next emote to be called. When multiple camps engaged, multiple NPCs are aged if aggro is not properly held. Looks to be 10 second increments. One tank cannot keep aggro with FD's, DoTs, and getting beat on.
7) The NPCs do in fact reset aggro when a new direction is called.

How in the hell do you heal vs 13k per tick?

That's the reason for the casters and squishy melee staying by the rock. Shammies have group cure corruption and rk2 cures without any issues and Radiant cure, which refreshes every minute and 8 seconds with proper AAs, cures most of the DoTs.

Oh and ritualists cast the FD (Ritual Sacrifice)...alot.

Seriously though, Showdown at the Crystal Core is much easier than this event and drops much better loot.

Shaman and druids get the same cures but my guild has been low on both lately.

I noticed the FD being used usually when an aggro person was too far away, if they were in the mobs face it didn't happen, but then with everything going on it's hard to tell.

Ok so you are saying to engage a camp on emote, tether before the next emote and then engage that camp leaving the first one alone until it's called again?

If a camp is engaged while not on emote they will age the npcs?

Supposedly the camps are not aging npcs if the camp is engaged, this is proven to be broken.

Also supposedly a camp with no priest will not age an npc, again this is broken.

Sorry for all the stupid questions just trying to get my head around all this, which is particularly hard since the event is known to be bugged.

I've requested info on the warrens fight because I am interested in it. Haven't tried it yet but I like to walk in having some clue. All I know currently is that adds spawn and appear to go after dwarves which is bad.

Ok so i have heard a few different strats on this event. my guild has beat this a few times with ease but we do it completely different.

1. we dps the Kyv's down until the Priests and Ritualits spawn. at that point we just have a tank pick them all up.

2. once the first Emote is called we move raid to that camp and kill 1 ritualist, before moving back to center.

3. we leav 3 tanks and 2 healers at the first camp and continue to kill... rinse and repeat until you have killed 1 mob at all 4 camps.

4. after we have killed 1 mob at each of the 4 spawn locations we noticed that we didn't get anymore emotes so we just went back to the first camp and killed everything, then moved to the next and so on and so forth.

5. about halfway through killing the mobs at the 3rd camp the General spawns and we summon tank him until all the adds are down (including the Kyv's)

6. dps the General im pretty sure we one tanked him..

so thats about it. when we started this event the strat was to kill 1 mob at each camp until they were all gone but after someone realized that there weren't anymore emotes we were gtg.. hope this helps

Ok so you are saying to engage a camp on emote, tether before the next emote and then engage that camp leaving the first one alone until it's called again?

Supposedly the camps are not aging npcs if the camp is engaged, this is proven to be broken.

Also supposedly a camp with no priest will not age an npc, again this is broken.

For instance:
Camp 1 is emoted. We engage Camp 1 having tanks picking up each anuek and the raid Main Assist directing the DPS to burn down one or two of them. At 45 seconds from the emote we call everyone back to the rock for cures and group heals, tethering the anueks. This gives 15 seconds leeway to cast a cure and a group heal before next emote. NPCs are aged in 10 second increments. 15 seconds is only about 1 "aging tick" that they are not actively engaged and usually don't age the NPC at this point. If tanks lose aggro on one of the mobs during the 45 seconds and not picked up quickly, the NPC is aged.

On the next emote, we charge Camp 2. The Camp 1 NPC is not aged if there is nothing there to aggro them (i.e. Pets, DoTs, retards who don't follow directions). Camp 1's aggro completely resets on the next emote and they go back to just standing there and will not go back to attempting to age their associated NPC until the emotes call for their direction again.

If you look at the second set of logs you can see how each direction is tied to a particular NPC.

Rinse and repeat until the General pops. We think it's when there's an emote in a direction there is no more anueks, but usually we're too concerned with the General. You can also ignore the emotes once the General pops.

We kill priests first but the NPCs still get aged if aggro is not held on the whole camp. This script is about "distracting" the ritualists so they cannot continue to age the NPCs in the battle changing the timeline.

Every guild and raid makeup is different. That's why there's several strats for this event.

its real simple, just kill fast enough, theres no trick other then that. kill fast and aes stop, kill fast and general spawns.

For instance:
Camp 1 is emoted. We engage Camp 1 having tanks picking up each anuek and the raid Main Assist directing the DPS to burn down one or two of them. At 45 seconds from the emote we call everyone back to the rock for cures and group heals, tethering the anueks. This gives 15 seconds leeway to cast a cure and a group heal before next emote. NPCs are aged in 10 second increments. 15 seconds is only about 1 "aging tick" that they are not actively engaged and usually don't age the NPC at this point. If tanks lose aggro on one of the mobs during the 45 seconds and not picked up quickly, the NPC is aged.

On the next emote, we charge Camp 2. The Camp 1 NPC is not aged if there is nothing there to aggro them (i.e. Pets, DoTs, retards who don't follow directions). Camp 1's aggro completely resets on the next emote and they go back to just standing there and will not go back to attempting to age their associated NPC until the emotes call for their direction again.

If you look at the second set of logs you can see how each direction is tied to a particular NPC.

Rinse and repeat until the General pops. We think it's when there's an emote in a direction there is no more anueks, but usually we're too concerned with the General. You can also ignore the emotes once the General pops.

We kill priests first but the NPCs still get aged if aggro is not held on the whole camp. This script is about "distracting" the ritualists so they cannot continue to age the NPCs in the battle changing the timeline.

Every guild and raid makeup is different. That's why there's several strats for this event.

People are saying if you LEASH the anueks that it bugs out the event and the NPCs are still aged from the emoted side. So you are saying that at 45 seconds, you run away from the camp and cause them to leash back to their spawn at which time they may or may not age the NPC but after 15 seconds go by and the new emote is fired, they memwipe and the NPC associated with that group will not be aged?

Also, if you engage the wrong group, does the NPC for the wrong group get aged? I know the one for the emoted camp will get aged if you don't have them engaged, but also wondered about if you engaged one before it was emoted.

And this is a silly point, but would like to rule out a potential problem: Is the ritualist group just north of the tree technically NW and the group straight west from the center rock SW?

have tanks on teh kyvs thru whole fight they depop at end of event have everyoen wait aroudn untill the priests and shit pop then have everyone dis teh first set of priests camp kill them all before you move on, should eb simple after that

have tanks on teh kyvs thru whole fight they depop at end of event have everyoen wait aroudn untill the priests and shit pop then have everyone dis teh first set of priests camp kill them all before you move on, should eb simple after that

That would work well IF we had the DPS output to do that. I believe most of the problems people are having is exactly that, finding a way when you are DPS deficient to beat the event.

People are saying if you LEASH the anueks that it bugs out the event and the NPCs are still aged from the emoted side. So you are saying that at 45 seconds, you run away from the camp and cause them to leash back to their spawn at which time they may or may not age the NPC but after 15 seconds go by and the new emote is fired, they memwipe and the NPC associated with that group will not be aged?

It does not bug the event. If there's nothing to aggro them (i.e. Pets not being controlled, DoTs still running, or toons standing there (FD is okay)) then the associated NPC will not be aged once a new direction is emoted. We chose 45 seconds for the call back because of the human reaction delay.

Think of it as Simon Says.

Also, if you engage the wrong group, does the NPC for the wrong group get aged? I know the one for the emoted camp will get aged if you don't have them engaged, but also wondered about if you engaged one before it was emoted.

Yes, it will get aged if they are not all constantly engaged. The only time they memblur is when a new direction is emoted. This can be seen in the last parse that we did where we tried engaging all camps at once and got spanked.

And this is a silly point, but would like to rule out a potential problem: Is the ritualist group just north of the tree technically NW and the group straight west from the center rock SW?

The camps are close to the cardinal directions but offset a bit. The camp north by the tree is North East.

My subscription is going to expire again and I may or may not renew. Best of luck everyone and thanks for the help.

The camps are close to the cardinal directions but offset a bit. The camp north by the tree is North East.

My subscription is going to expire again and I may or may not renew. Best of luck everyone and thanks for the help.

If this is the case, then that would make the single camp in the west direction NW?? Because the way it looks now, if the camp just north of the tree is NE, that leaves 1 camp to the west of FV which would then be NW and then two to the right which then be SE and SW respectively. That technicallyy puts the SW camp more eastward relative to the NE camp. Is that correct? Also, if that is true, would explain why we have been having so many problems.

This is my horrible map:

KithSetup.jpg

Directions are labeled as you described above.

This is my horrible map:

KithSetup.jpg

Directions are labeled as you described above.

Bleh, sorry i dont have them plotted on my map. We just know where to run. Change your map. On your map:
NE is really NW.
SE is really NE
NW is really SW
SW is really SE

And most likely explains alot of your issues. I'm a cleric and therefore directionally challenged. I watch the melee run lol.

Hmm, Ive heard a lot of different methods of dealing with this pain in the ass raid. Some of them dont match up with logs but is still doable with certain raid makeups. What I found from a gazillion logged attempts....

...8 mins from zone in camps spawn with the low chant emote
...55 seconds from low chant emote the directional emotes start
...new directional emote every 60 seconds
...before any mob in a camp is killed you have a 28 second buffer before aging starts
...once aging starts the commander for that direction ages every 10 seconds until a mob in that camp is killed
...once a mob in a camp is killed, the next time that direction is emoted the aging starts without a 28 second buffer (within 10 sec's of the emote and every 10 sec's after)
...killing priests or killing ritualists doesnt change the above rules in any way

...if a direction is emoted and a mob from that camp is not killed, it will continue to age a camp forever until one is killed or we fail
...this event has been weaken'd down (used to take 5 or 6 emotes to fail, now it takes 9 to 10)

Untested by my guild
...killing one from each camp stops aging
...killing each priest stops aging

Simply OT'n a camp doesnt stop aging. (least thats our observations) We tried that multiple times and after viewing the logs, the rules above are applied the exact same way regardless if they are tanked or not.

The only way I could see beating this is either having the focused dps able to kill two per directional emote thus only letting about 5 or 6 age emotes past per commander for the event. OR The first time a direction is emoted using the 28 second buffer to kill one and get another low then OT that camp. When you return to that camp quickly kill off the low mob then get another low but dont kill for the next time the direction is emoted.

This raid is giving my guild freakin heart stoppages. We are up to kerafym but havent yet killed the wench yet gearwise. Most are bout half mmm, half crystallos geared atm.

Our dps isnt moving fast enough to get away from previous camp and attack next camp in time to kill 2 per turn. Our tanks are bitching that theres no way with 2 tanks per camp that they can tank 3 mobs with the aes going off even with defensive.

So id really like to figure out how to tweak this raid into the win category but atm Im not really sure what we are doing wrong. The gear will just rot but we want the rk3 spells and to have it in our rear view mirror.

Can anyone else confirm that killing one from each camp stops the aging? Weve yet to have a try where all 4 directions were emoted. It usually gets to 3 of the camps and then cycles back and forth between two of them. Once one is dead in a camp it ends up getting 3 or 4 age emotes past us as there is no more 28 second buffer and at that point its pretty much a fail.

Any suggestions?

PS. we usually have about 46 to 50 in raid, 6 to 7 clerics and the same amt of tanks but only 1 to 3 priests (druid / shaman)
PSS. we tried to yank ppl back with 15 seconds remaining, that plus the 10 seconds it takes for dps to get to camp and get dps rolling only leaves us with enough time to kill 1 per direction called which means by the third time that direction is called its a fail. (1 age first time, 4 to 5 second time, 4 to 5 third time = fail) (more the second and third time because aging starts 10 seconds in instead of 30 seconds in) Necroes were told not to dot and all pets were killed. Aging was only stopped once one was killed regardless of aggro. OT'n the groups followed the same rules even if every mob in camp was kept on aggro by a full tank group and the aging followed the same above rules of aging.

My guild is struggling on this too. Conflicting information it seems when reading through all the posts. Can anyone confirm a working strategy that would accomodate being slightly knight heavy?

Usually our raid consists of 54 people. Mixture is usually close to the following:

4 warriors
4 clerics
1 druid
2 shaman
3 enchanters
3 bards
2 beastlords
5 rangers
10 paladins
4 shadow knights
0 monks
3 rogues
3 wizards
8 mages
2 berserkers

Alot of raids will be much harder with that low of a DPS mix. Lucky for you a decent paladin can play cleric.

Mostly fixed now with the patch.

As long as the active camp is kept aggroed there were no aging emotes.

We still used 4 tank groups with them not moving into a camp until the camp emoted. But normal leashing did not screw things up.

I say normal as we did have one ritualist that chased somebody a bit to far. Instead of leashing back to camp it now started a weird pathing routine that took it WAY south then if finally wandered back. During this trip it did start aging one combatant.

The General was up so not sure if the aging really mattered or not seemed to be way more than 10 aging emotes. I would aggro it and try to pull it back but it kept resetting and loosing aggro and resuming its path. It finally wandered back to its original camp where we killed it Just as the general died.

Still need 4 good tank groups or very high DPS to burn camps fast. We got the assissins dead with about 20 seconds to spare but could only get 2 per camp dead on the first pass.

Still had mobs up in 3 camps when the General popped and he raped us for a bit but finally got things under control.