Bimbalacious the Soulbleeder - Crypt of Shade

Ech0b0y

Board Necro
Reaction score
I hope I spelled that correctly.

First off, Dabble ports you in, and it is basically it is an instanced version of the crypt in the non-instanced hills of shade. And Bimbalacious is inactive for afew minutes into the event.

It seems that upon entering his room, about 8 or 10 yellow con(to lvl 80) mobs spawn, ghouls and guardians, and rush you. At the same time there are some shuddering crypts? which spawn shades, blue con(once again to lvl 80 pls thx info), and are absorbed one by one by Bimbalacious. After about 3? minutes, two something shades spawn, severing?(I cannot recall the name), and if you kill them they split off into two other shades, each, so 4 total. About 5? minutes after that Bimbalacious becomes active, and his 2 red con(to lvl 80 die 10 times pls thx), and the rest of the mobs that spawned earlier depop. he has a damage shield, akin to vish (thorns) and has at least two spells(ae?) that he casts.

So 3 stages

1. Enter his chamber, and 10 or so adds spawn, and maybe the crypt things that spawn blue adds which he absorbs. Shuddering crypt are the spawners.
2. 3 minutes or so later, 2 more shades spawn, they split if killed.
3. 5 min later they depop(I think) and he and his 2 guards become active.

Somewhere in 1st and 2nd waves the things spawn which make little blue adds that he absorbs, like the relic dragon, and the gnarlibramble. A theory is that they don't heal him, as he is inactive, but perhaps power him up, so when he is active, ow.

He was hitting for 12k so..

Wave 1, you handle 8? 10? mobs that rush you, and keep the blue spawned adds from reaching him?

Wave 2, now you must control 2 more adds that split if killed.

Wave 3, him and his 2 guards, think they are soulbleeder shades?

After that, Iono.

Anyone with experience doing this have input? Johnny 5 alive!

Last edited:
Assign 2+ groups to the Shuddering skelletons. or whatevery they are that the crypts spawn,(skellies and crypts are weak to blunt weapons).
On wave 1 kill the ghoul lords to make the other ghouls attackable/mezzable. Mez them kill them all, offtank or kite the 2 ghosts that spawn, then the 2 that come with bimplicus and then offtank bimplicus and burn down the shuddering crypts(how we do it)...... OR burn down bimplicus and keep the 2+ groups on the skellies. Either works. But make note, After he absorbs about 16 skellies the event ends, and each one make him hit for max hit more often.
After Gnome bimblicus dies, Ghost bimblicus spawns, we OT him, kill the crystals so he doesn't warp all over, then burn him down.......why kill the crystals? Because the skellies move to him, and if he moves close to the skellies spawn its trouble.

you can always keep highsunning the skellies away but you need a couple bards that aren't blind :p

You can suck like my guild and fail the event on purpose so the skellies don't respawn on the next attempt.

hmm. thats not sucking, thats cheating smarter.

You can mez the crypts to stop the blue spawns once SB is active.

Anyone have a bit more information on this event & thanks in advance.

here is how we do it

Assignments -

Crystal Killers - when gnome version of Bimb dies, crystals need to be killed FAST or he warps around to them causing bad mojo.

assign 1 dps group to kill north rooms crystal (not the healers just dps)
assign 1 dps group to kill south rooms crystal (not the healers just dps)
assign 1 dps group to kill the middle crystals up the ramp
all other dps kills crystals in room
- after north and south kill theirs, they come to middle up top ramp and help there if needed, then all move into room and help kill them in there if needed.

---------------------------------------------------------

mez the crypts so skellies dont spawn.
assign 1 enchanter to take care of the middle two crypts
assign 1 enchanter or bard to take care of north crypt
assign 1 enchanter or bard to take care of south crypt
(I am not sure if crypts have to be mezed the whole time or not, I will ask one of our chanters and update this post)

Stage 1 -
when u run into Bimb's room, 2 Ghoul Lords and like 8 Gouls rush the raid, kill the 2 Ghoul lords to make the normal Ghouls attackable. then kill them.

The ghouls agro is proximity based while they are not targetable, so if your getting hit and not suposed to be, just move some

Stage 2 -

then two specters spawn some timer after the event is engaged, have two talented kiters just kite them around, thats is for this stage. simple eh

Stage 3

the two Guardians next to Bimb go active, have a knight kite one of them and then kill the other . I belive Bimb goes active at this time too, so have a Knight range tank Bimb since he is rooted. (range tank, agro and back off each time he summons, but keep casting agro stuff after you move back to keep it)

after you kill the first guardian, kill the other guardian

then the raid engages Gnome version of Bimb - take him down to 15% and at that time have the pre-designated Crystal killers get to their crystals, as soon as gnome version bimb dies, crystals need to be killed fast.

Stage 4

Big Bad Bimb, hes a ghost now, he casts out little ghosts around that do small AEs but they HURT. so stay away from the little ghosts around on the ground, they root and ae , they dont attack, cant kill em, just stay a lil bit away from them (the ae is small)

If you didn't kill all the crystals fast enough this version will warp around to the other crystals makin a mess of the raid.

as long as everything else went good.
, just burn him down and hope you get through it.

then grats loot

here is how we do it

Crystal Killers - when gnome version of Bimb dies, crystals need to be killed FAST or he warps around to them causing bad mojo.

assign 1 dps group to kill north rooms crystal (not the healers just dps)
assign 1 dps group to kill south rooms crystal (not the healers just dps)
assign 1 dps group to kill the middle crystals up the ramp
all other dps kills crystals in room
- after north and south kill theirs, they come to middle up top ramp and help there if needed, then all move into room and help kill them in there if needed.

Im really suprised any guild needs to do this at all. To me it seems a waste of up to ruffly 15 people (3 groups as you say). By doing what you later on discribe in your post, which is mezing the crypts Bimbo never powers up. Manysouls remains very weak and even if he does port off on you Ill bet you it wont happen more than once.

With enchanters keeping crypts mezed the entire event my guilds last run on bimbo had Manysouls dead in 34 seconds. That is how weak he is when not powered up.

Anyway that method works it just seems like it would make for a long event to me. Much longer than needed.

Here is a strat I put in a PM for someone a few weeks back

First things first. Have enchanters mez the shuttering crypts the entire event so no skellys spawn and power up Soulbleeder.

Now as soon as you run in you have Ghouls that spawn. Kill the Ghoul lords immediately. The rest of the ghouls can not be CC'ed until lords die. After which people can then get agro and you kill those off.

Next spawns some yellow con ghosts. Forgot name. No point killing them tho. Just offtank them for a bit and let Soulbleeder absorb those and power up just a tad from it. Its faster and easier over all imo.

Once those yellow con ghosts are dead, Soulbleeder himself comes active with 2 red con Ghosts. Corner up the ghosts and kill them while you offtank Soulbleeder.

Next kill the gnome version of soulbleeder.

Next when gnome dies Manysouls spawns. Since you had enchanters mezing the crypts the whole time he is very weak. Not powered up for crap. He is undead. We kill him in about 40 seconds seriously... If you dont kill him fast enough he may port off to some of the crystals around the area. So if he disappears on you check the places where crystals can spawn. Thats where he will be. Kill him and win.

it can be done either way, but if you dont have enough dps, killing the crystals is a good idea in my opinion.

and if people are doing this for their first time, chances are they dont have MMM dps.

Just depends on how your guild is set up really.

another thing :

/plugin mq2fog

/setfog off

<3

Question if i may ask. I have heard this event being one grouped. Does anyone know if this is possible? Also does the trick where you purposely die to have event resset and then redoing with no skellies being absorbed still work?

Thanks for any help.

Not sure if guilds even do this anymore considering this was over a year old lol~

We have just broken into Crystallos and still do it every once and a while as quick easy cores for wrist slots. Have never tried wiping to stop the skeletons we just power through it in a very short time. Nice raidleader xp from the clearing.

We have just broken into Crystallos and still do it every once and a while as quick easy cores for wrist slots. Have never tried wiping to stop the skeletons we just power through it in a very short time. Nice raidleader xp from the clearing.

Hmm, I believe this was fixed long ago. I can recall a friend bitching that their guild had a hard time with it after the change...they were obviously missing the chanters job in this raid.