Beta

You have some crazy ideas about how many lines of code that change took (I don't know exactly either, but hundreds of thousands is certainly no where in the realm of possibility). Also, there is nothing implicitly wrong with a program just because its source is "a couple hundred thousand lines of code".

/SIGH

suppose to say hundred or thousand and noone said anything wrong i just said unnecessary bloat.

Last edited:
does anyone know what SoE takes into consideration to get into beta or is it random?

does anyone know what SoE takes into consideration to get into beta or is it random?
AFAIK it's random, first come first served. To a point.

Most all of the accts that applied when the window opened were accepted. After that they take batches from the incoming applications queue as they feel the need to populate the server, with priority to members of guilds accepted to beta (auto accepted) and special groups like Fan Faire attendees (also auto accepted).

Why bother with convort tho if group gear is better?

Because most of the time the mod 2's, focii, and AC on the old raid gear is still significantly better than current group gear.

From a ui author standpoint these are the changes i see in new expansion:

of course the hotbuttons:
up to 10
they are sizeable (both windows and buttons)
the file button is gone right click brings up a menu now so can add macro or emblem to key

Buffs:
added up to 41 on buffs
none on short buffs

Player window:
added a couple stupid mail buttons

Extended target:

added 3 more

inventory window:

added the guages for the new shared xp

Tribute:
Added giuild trophys

and last the ability to click items in bags...this should make mq2bagwindow obsolete ??

Last edited:
Read some comments posted elsewhere that some of the zones look to be constructed rather quickly and crudely... maybe from people who hadn't seen fully finished zones.

So... the zones look cool or what?

Clicking out of bags is definitely nice... amazing it took what 19 expansions and 13 years to get that done?? I always figured they didn't want that done on principles: Principle 1 being don't never make EQ any easier, and Principle 2 being don't authenticate hackers by adding to the game improvements made by hackers.

Of course, both principles have been long since abandoned so the only question is why it took so long and so many expansions to make this modest but very useful change!

Last edited: