BETA testing

SneakyDaddy

Lifetimer
Reaction score
WOOT!!! 2 accounts accepted to Beta!

If anyone else here wants to group with me send me a PM.

It is (or at least was) at the top of the soe forum page, had a link for beta.

I got accepted but I am having a hard time getting in. I get the error:

Error 1017: Cannot login to the Everquest server
You may need to re-run the Update Patch.
Repeatedly seeing this message indicates a loss of
connectivity to the Patch Server. This is usually
temporary.

I have been getting this all day and since I cant open the beta forums...or even find the forums. I cant troubleshoot what is wrong.

Why not me?

What do they look at to determine eligibility?

3 of my accounts already denied:
Error - Account Not Eligible

This Account is not eligible to participate in the Beta for this game.

/finger SOE

Im not sure what they look at. Only 1 of my 7 accounts got in. I havent recieved an email yet but when I go to re-enter my acount info it says I was accepted. I talked to someone at soe and they said my mail probably got lost in a spam filter. He was going to have the ticket sent to the right department to resend it.

What do they look at to determine eligibility?

3 of my accounts already denied:
Error - Account Not Eligible

This Account is not eligible to participate in the Beta for this game.

/finger SOE

Your account is on a game card, due to expire, or something similar. Its related to the billing.

yup

Ahh. yeah I pay month by month, but my CC. I just cancel as soon as I pay for a month so I dont get rebilled. I keep a few accounts and I dont usually want all of them to rebill each month so I can pick and choose.

OK, so I got one account in. ( reactivating them didnt work so I logged onto my friends.. his power is out so account is mine for the night)
But I dont have his email access. Can someone with beta access help me out with what I should know to get onto server.

Thanks,

VP

Last edited:
Go to the beta forums on everquestlive.com and at the very top of those forums there's instructions for downloading the beta patcher and all that.

My download still going after 7 hrs..
I didn't put beta .exe into the same place as my EQ folder, is that I am downloading the whole set of EQ now?

I still havent been able to get in. Beta no longer shows up in the server select.

I dont see the beta forums on the page. I guess I am not suppose to be in beta yet.

My download still going after 7 hrs..
I didn't put beta .exe into the same place as my EQ folder, is that I am downloading the whole set of EQ now?

You should have copied over your entire everquest folder in the Sony folder and renamed it something like BetaEverquest. From there you can download and unzip the beta patcher into THAT everquest, so as to not fuck up your original one. And it's a pretty good sized download once you start beta... but definitely not 7 hours. I think it took me like... an hour or so?

I got in with two accounts. Downloading Beta now. Wish I had read this thread first, lol, I would have copied over EQ to a betaEQ folder. Looking forward to having a little fun, got a warrior and cleric in.

So, what is this expansion supposed to be called?

Seeds of Destruction

SOE said:
To prevent the cataclysm and defeat the forces of chaos, players must journey through time portals to the greatest moments in EverQuest history. From the founding of Qeynos to the battle of Bloody Kithicor, players will be called upon to safeguard history and ensure that events unfold without interference from the gods of Discord. EverQuest® Seeds of Destruction™ Features:
blt.jpg

Mercenaries
Player controlled NPCs are available in EverQuest for the first time! Visit the EverQuest home page for a video demonstration!
blt.jpg

20 New Zones
Features re-imagined classic content as well as brand new realms to explore! Check the EQ Players community website for regular features on zones, NPCs and more!
blt.jpg

Level Cap Increase
blt.jpg

Includes all features and content from the 14 previous expansion packs

Beta Forum ...

There seem to be a lot of questions. I know I had a few. so when I found this I thought I would share.
Code:
 [EQ] Beta Process and Installation Instructions
  	Question

Beta Process and Installation Instructions
  	Answer

It's an honor and great fun to participate in a Beta for EverQuest! This article will walk you through the process of becoming a Beta participant. This consists of 3 stages which consist of verifying your email address, signing up and then being accepted and installing the Beta files to download and access the Beta server.

Signing up for the Beta

Introducing the new and improved EverQuest Expansion Beta sign-up page!

The Beta sign-up process has been made easier for you…and for us! The new system places you in a pool of potential beta testers. When the open stages occur, beta testers will automatically be selected from that pool. We will, however, still be limiting the number of participants during different Beta stages the difference is that now you don't have to wait for a window of opportunity. The Beta sign-up page will remain open. Once you sign up, you do not need to sign up again.

Please remember that when you sign up to participate in any beta you agree to the Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) terms which in summary means you agree not to disclose information about the expansion. You must read and accept the full NDA before you get placed in the pool.

To access the beta page, simply click the link below. You will be directed to sign in to the station. You may need to re-click the link after signing in.

Update your Email Address!  

Before clicking the link, make sure you update your email address on your account. If you do not update your email address the emails sent by the system will not reach you. You can update your email address by clicking under the My Account option.

Once you update your email address, you are ready to sign up for Beta!

You will receive this email that you have signed up and are now a part of the pool of candidates that we will select from to enter Beta:

Dear [Your Name],

We would like to thank you for registering for the EverQuest® Seeds of Destruction™ beta.  Beta testing is important to each product launch, and your help over the next 3 months is greatly appreciated.  Currently, beta is scheduled to begin on August 19th, 2008 and is scheduled to end on October 7th, 2008. These dates are subject to change.  

If you are selected to participate in the EverQuest® Seeds of Destruction™ beta, an acceptance email will be sent to this email address.

Thanks,

The EverQuest Development Team

Note: The above is NOT the acceptance email into Beta! It simply confirms that you are signed up and are in the selection pool.   

Once accepted you will receive the below email with detailed instructions on installing the needed files to access the Beta Server. Should you encounter any difficulty you will now also have access to the Beta Forums for advice. That link will be on this email as well:

Dear [Your Name],

Welcome to the EverQuest® Seeds of Destruction™ beta! Please read this entire email carefully. It contains all the information you will need to hit the ground running and make the most of your time in beta. Remember, you accepted the EverQuest Terms of Use, License and Non-Disclosure Agreement as a condition for acceptance into the beta program, and everything included here as well as what you see on the beta server, in beta-related communications and beta forums and message boards are covered by that agreement.

HOW DO I GET ON THE BETA SERVER?

In order to access EverQuest beta server, you will need to download the Beta patcher. The FTP site for downloading the patcher is listed below. There may be a lot of data to download, so please be patient.  You should run this patcher before you log in, every time.  Failing to do so may cause you to experience crashes or gameplay issues that could be fixed just by patching.

You may download the beta patcher at the following FTP site:

FTP SERVER: (Link will be provided on Beta acceptance email)

To get to the ftp site:

Enter the ftp address into your Internet Explorer web browser.  It will bring you to the ftp site. The file you need is called BetaPatcher.zip.  Just right click on the file and copy it to your desktop.  Unzip the file and copy betaeverquest.exe into your root EverQuest directory (Should be in C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest unless you changed your default installation.)

Run this every time prior to logging in to the beta server. You will see the Beta Server on the server list, choose that server and log in.

HOW LONG IS BETA?

The beta test is scheduled to begin on August 19th, 2008 and is scheduled to end on October 7th, 2008. However, dates may change if needed.

HOW DO I GET TO BETA ZONES?

When you get onto the beta server, create your character and head to the Plane of Knowledge and speak to Old Man Thorren.

HOW DO I COPY MY CHARACTER ONTO BETA?

For us to copy your favorite EverQuest character to the beta server, please indicate which character you want us to copy by logging into your play server as your favorite character. You indicate that you want us to copy an individual character by typing the command /beta in your chat window. Periodically we will run scripts that will copy characters to the beta server. Keep in mind that we will be running the character copies on an as-needed basis - not necessarily at regular intervals. It may take several days for us to copy your character.

THE /betabuff COMMAND

The level range needed to test all of the various areas and dungeons in the EverQuest beta varies and it includes content up to the new raised level cap. In order to give you that ability to test as much of the expansion as possible, we have created a /betabuff command.  Here's how you use it.

1. Create a first level character on the beta server and log in with that character (this command will only work on 1st level characters).

2. Type /betabuff CLASS LEVEL - where CLASS is the class of the character you would like to create, and LEVEL is the level that you want that character to be.  LEVEL can only be numbers divisible by 5, starting at 20.  So 20, 25, 30, etc.

That's it.  The character you created will be transformed into a character of the level and class you have chosen.  Your race and even gender may change as well.

BETA FEEDBACK

There are two methods for passing information to us about what you experience during the beta.

/bug should be used to report bugs.  Bugs are gameplay features that do not work, spelling errors, and anything that just does not work as intended.  Please give us as much detail about the bug as you can think of when reporting it.

/feedback should be used to send in comments about parts of the expansion that work properly, but that you would like to see changed.  If you discover an item that you think should have less Wis and more Int, then use /feedback.  If you think a certain encounter is too easy or too hard, use /feedback to report it.

It is important that you distinguish between these two options, as one is read primarily by our testing team and the other is read mostly by our game designers.  Sending a bug through /feedback can delay our ability to fix it, since we'll have to route that to our testers for verification.

Please use these command to explore as many of the adventures as you can and report your findings to us.

Additionally you can also leave feedback / ask question / or discuss topics on our private beta boards which can be accessed through the beta account key page: (Forum link will be provided on Beta acceptance email)

If you find yourself in dire need of assistance, you can use /petition to contact us for help.  Please only petition if the situation is one that you can't correct yourself.  For example, if you used /betabuff to create a character and you have lost the corpse, there is no need to /petition.  You can just log out, create a new character and use the /betabuff command again.

Please remember that your participation in the beta program is subject to the Terms of Use, License and Non-Disclosure Agreement ("Agreement") which you have already agreed to. Your access in and to the beta program, including the patcher, is for your personal, non-commercial use only, in accordance with the Agreement, and any feedback you provide is confidential.

Thank you for your time and effort; we appreciate your help testing this expansion.

Sincerely,

The EverQuest Development Team

See you in Beta!

not sure if this link will work but here is where that came from: EQBeta

I've logged on. They haven't transferred over my characters yet. But I created a couple level 85 beta characters. The POK zone went down crashed while I was taking my son to school. Hoping it'll be up later.