Automated camping happening too much?

SiegeTank

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I've been away from playing for a few months now, except for logging in to check Bazaar and talk to friends. But in the last two weeks I've been playing a bit with my box team, trying various camps in EoK.

What I'm discovering is that camping an area with toons that appear to be macroing or, even worse, automated, is becoming more common and rather obvious. I see camps where a group of toons, the same 6 every time, are literally "playing" 24/7, don't respond to /tell or /say and "behave" strangely enough that it's quite apparent they're "robots." What I see a lot of now is that the group has been "set" to do auto-pulling at a very slow pace, probably to avoid being too obvious (yeah, sure, that doesn't stick out) and maybe to avoid risking an oversized pull that could wipe the robots.

I just think too many MQers are now using the plugins and scripts to entirely automate "their" play, not even being near the computer most of the time. Makes it pretty obvious and ripe for complaints and stimulating a ban wave. The only good news is on my server most of the zones I visited are not packed with players and I was always able to find a suitable camp away from the auto-pharmers. But, man, it's SOOOOO obvious now that if DBG wanted to crack down it would be the simplest thing.

Its pretty bad in FM on my server. Which is just crazy. Surprised more folks haven't been turned in by the masses.

I've got the same problem and if I can see it then anyone can. I usually don't pick up on it and normally just leave people be but there is a group on Drinal that is clearly afk 24/7. Not only that but it's in a spot where a lot of people like to go to get their T2 gear. Right in the middle out in the open. Not even deep in a zone or out of the way.

It's become a big issue on my server too. I really wish DBG would step up on banning these perma AFK people.

Now I'm no saint, I cheat too, but groups that run 24/7 AFK take too much away from those who play legit. It's even turning me away from the game a bit, as it's extremely frustrating to need to camp something and check the camp night after night to see it still taken by the same obvious AFK group.

I am all for using plugins or macros to help with group when your sitting and at the PC and doing it. When you afk for 18+hrs and doing it and its affecting other peoples game play its not right. I come across a guy in chardok doing it at the shroom camp. I wanted 14hrs for the camp and once i ran over there to check him out and seen it and then he did reply whats so ever. I reported him then i trained his ass.

I try not to train people, but that afk for 12+hrs in an open world where it affects others gaming experience isn't cool whats so ever. Run your little afk instance macros where it rinses and repeats it for days until your maxed AA or w/e. Dont do it in open world where it can stop others from having fun and progressing in an expansion.

I'm not going to be a hypocrite we're all cheating. They want to take a bigger risk that is on them. They should use some kind of afk tools to camp or gate out when people come near them otherwise they just don't care.

its bad for everyone that uses MQ2 because shit like this will lead to another purge =P

On the servers I play, it seems like the masses don't mind the afk crews because people loot the rot gear from the named mobs. You see people going from one afk group to another gearing up their toons. I guess as long as people can use other people hacking to their advantage, they don't mind It. Heck, I don't afk bot but have geared several toons w/o killing a single mob due to the afk groups lol.

I'm not going to be a hypocrite we're all cheating. They want to take a bigger risk that is on them. They should use some kind of afk tools to camp or gate out when people come near them otherwise they just don't care.

LoL QFT, I was going to refrain from posting but this was exactly my sentiment. Who am I to judge. Whether you cheat a little or a lot, its still cheating.

I don't have a problem with anyone cheating. The problem I have is the not cheating smarter part. You wanna screw yourself and loose some accounts cause of stupid shit you do then fine but once you basically flip the bird to anyone and everyone and do whatever you want front and center and draw unwanted attention to all of us then I have an problem and you will get trained.

When I used to camp nameds years ago with my 6-box, and doing it all by hand, no MQ, I would regularly announce rot loot in general chat. Got to the point where some players would see me log in and gate to where I was usually camped waiting for rot. Made some friends that way and did away with any complaints that I was hogging named camps solo with my toons. Now I was not "using", nor was I automated or afk in any way. I might have been using programmable keyboards to lessen the load but that's about it.

The point is you can play this game greedy and make enemies or you can play it generously and make friends. But the latter is hard to do with automated robots.