All EverQuest Servers Down

I think sony would lose its returning players. And some players who have risked losing there ass on giving sony there money im debaiting on returning myself if I can play on the emu server get the same service and get the same experience as I would on live servers

I think sony would lose its returning players. And some players who have risked losing there ass on giving sony there money im debaiting on returning myself if I can play on the emu server get the same service and get the same experience as I would on live servers

It's not the same. You won't be seeing as much content being pushed, just existing content tweaked. You get what you pay for.

If you really want to get your jollies off, host your own private server and go admin crazy. You'll get bored fast!

Double xp - bleh... Would be shocked if it wasnt for at least a week but suppose it could help those who actually have a life and arent already capped like most old timers.

Double rare spawns - semi bleh... may give my "B team" tank or zerk chance to get those few ac augs they missing but other than that...

Double faction - must admit some curiosity there... first thing that comes to mind is the hard to raise Herald of Druzzil Ro fac unless you raid SoD Tower or live in Korafax. Tho that is only for enc box's rk2 twincast and possibly zerk combat frenzy... all other rewards appear to be upgraded by now with UF or HoT.

Still... bit unimpressed with the compensation. The double exp is going to be nightmare for HoT camps though with the addicts finally getting their fix from their dealer and making up for lost time.

Aye Wunaye the cost of a day offline would likely cover SoE's staff working on the issue even if they were getting time and a half for overtime or the weekend, but we are talking about SoE here. Not only is their common sense/logical thought process impossible to follow or predict. That cost will be either reimbursed by the government OR more likely recouped by raising rates in the next 6-12mo which I'd stake my life on as happening.

Its nice of them to finally do a press release as to the compensation since its been a week since the last one. However disappointing it was though I care more about a status update than the compensation they plan to offer at this point. The "be at least a few more days" is about as vague as I would expect but what I really want to know is what they have accomplished and what they have remaining so I can actually formulate a realistic ETA of my own. Few implies 3... SOE unlikely to work over the weekend so Fri, Mon, Tue with servers up Wed... there are always circumstances out of their control that could throw it off but at least knowing what is remaining would give me/us an idea as to the likely hood of that "shit happens" scenario to give plus or minus to that "few".

i am so pissed at SoE right now for the "string along tactics " they been implamenting, i made a reply on the face book page:

R U fucking SHITTING ME SOE !!!....30 DAYS AT END OF BILLING CYCLE + 1 DAY OF FREE PLAY AND 500 sc....WT HOLY FUCK U CHEEP BASTARDS!!!!!!!! it better be 25000 Sc at least for the fucking string along tactics u being playing i want to know how many dayzzz this " A series of events, including Double XP, Double Rare Mob Spawns and Double Faction Gains " is going to be".

it better be equal to number of days down!!!

My patience is wearing thin!!!:mad:

Rofl one of the 10 year old devs in SoE obivously sn't the one behind this persons keys. I mean man they got hacked they are losing their asses every single day PSN and SoE is down. They coulda gave us just the downtime the servers were down if they wanted to be dicks. Though it isn't much it is certainly btter than a poke in the eye. It will be up in due time people will play the world will keep turning. No sense getting pissed over things beyond our control.

Yea, quit quoting all that stuff above this post (and by this post I mean my post). It's unnecessary.

Definitely don't quote this.

Double xp - bleh... Would be shocked if it wasnt for at least a week but suppose it could help those who actually have a life and arent already capped like most old timers.

Double rare spawns - semi bleh... may give my "B team" tank or zerk chance to get those few ac augs they missing but other than that...

Double faction - must admit some curiosity there... first thing that comes to mind is the hard to raise Herald of Druzzil Ro fac unless you raid SoD Tower or live in Korafax. Tho that is only for enc box's rk2 twincast and possibly zerk combat frenzy... all other rewards appear to be upgraded by now with UF or HoT.

Still... bit unimpressed with the compensation. The double exp is going to be nightmare for HoT camps though with the addicts finally getting their fix from their dealer and making up for lost time.

Aye Wunaye the cost of a day offline would likely cover SoE's staff working on the issue even if they were getting time and a half for overtime or the weekend, but we are talking about SoE here. Not only is their common sense/logical thought process impossible to follow or predict. That cost will be either reimbursed by the government OR more likely recouped by raising rates in the next 6-12mo which I'd stake my life on as happening.

Its nice of them to finally do a press release as to the compensation since its been a week since the last one. However disappointing it was though I care more about a status update than the compensation they plan to offer at this point. The "be at least a few more days" is about as vague as I would expect but what I really want to know is what they have accomplished and what they have remaining so I can actually formulate a realistic ETA of my own. Few implies 3... SOE unlikely to work over the weekend so Fri, Mon, Tue with servers up Wed... there are always circumstances out of their control that could throw it off but at least knowing what is remaining would give me/us an idea as to the likely hood of that "shit happens" scenario to give plus or minus to that "few".

i am so pissed at SoE right now for the "string along tactics " they been implamenting, i made a reply on the face book page:

R U fucking SHITTING ME SOE !!!....30 DAYS AT END OF BILLING CYCLE + 1 DAY OF FREE PLAY AND 500 sc....WT HOLY FUCK U CHEEP BASTARDS!!!!!!!! it better be 25000 Sc at least for the fucking string along tactics u being playing i want to know how many dayzzz this " A series of events, including Double XP, Double Rare Mob Spawns and Double Faction Gains " is going to be".

it better be equal to number of days down!!!

My patience is wearing thin!!!:mad:

Rofl one of the 10 year old devs in SoE obivously sn't the one behind this persons keys. I mean man they got hacked they are losing their asses every single day PSN and SoE is down. They coulda gave us just the downtime the servers were down if they wanted to be dicks. Though it isn't much it is certainly btter than a poke in the eye. It will be up in due time people will play the world will keep turning. No sense getting pissed over things beyond our control.

Yea, quit quoting all that stuff above this post (and by this post I mean my post). It's unnecessary.

Definitely don't quote this.

It's just nuts! Quoting long posts like this without any real content of your own. The nerve people have!

It sure is annoying when entire long posts are quoted completely. 75% of the time there's no need to quote at all since the relevance of a response is usually obvious. The other 25% of the time it makes a lot more sense to quote but only the smaller portion of a previous post which is being responded to.

This happens a lot on Sony's official forums and it's lame as hell. Sure, electronic "paper" doesn't cost anything but it makes for tedious reading of a thread.

It's not the same. You won't be seeing as much content being pushed, just existing content tweaked. You get what you pay for.

If you really want to get your jollies off, host your own private server and go admin crazy. You'll get bored fast!

I disagree I ghostkill/nodelay on live and never get bored nor have I quit eq. In fact I find doing things like Old quests fun, helping friends out who cant do raids themselves fun as well. I just never get bored being a god in eq ;p

On that same way of thinking the emu sucks because starting with NO plat and no gear is not fun, by the time we get enough lvls / gear etc the LIVE servers will be up making the whole emulator thing pointless.

So, then there's this thing here:

Earlier today, a Bloomberg report quoted Sony spokesman Shigenori Yoshida as saying that though the company is "uncertain when it can resume ... services," the plan is to have the firm's flagship online service up and running no later than May 31.

Since that time Sony spokesman Patrick Seybold has asserted that there is no such deadline in place and that no new information exists on when the PSN will be able to resume service.

For those keeping score at home the PSN has been offline for nearly three weeks since the April 20 attack in which hackers broke into Sony's PlayStation Network/Qriocity system, compromising reams of valuable user information and forcing the electronics giant to pull down its entire online gaming infrastructure in the name of security upgrades.

Sony has recently stepped up its efforts to patch holes in its network, but given the historical persistence of the hacker community and its seeming blood oath to do as much damage to Sony as possible, the firm's refusal to commit to a deadline on the PSN's resurrection comes as no surprise.

Still, one hopes the company has some sort of plan in place. The longer this outage rolls on, the more Sony loses face with an increasingly impatient playerbase. Are any of you still anxiously clutching a plush Crash Bandicoot and ticking off the days until you can once again browse the PSN store?

Also:

I know you all want to know exactly when the services will be restored. At this time, I can’t give you an exact date, as it will likely be at least a few more days. We’re terribly sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work through this process.

you asshates bitching about no eta are retarded.

IF they had an eta it would be stupid to put it out anymore then 12-24 hour in advance.

a. gives anon an option to prepare for next attck
b. i something goes sideways with the reboot, they lose more face.

Saying nothing is typically better then giving a guess specially with this instance. They notified the people with what they know, not what we want to hear.

Be happy they are not like the government giving date after date and not doing things

no one has been asking for an exact day. But im sure they would know if its going to be days/weeks/months. Instead they have been giving stupid daily updates as if it was possible the servers could have been up that day. They have finally given us a rough eta now by saying a few days.

They have finally given us a rough eta now by saying a few days.

Take that with a grain of salt. To SoE, a few days could be a week or two, even a month :rolleyes:

While, I don't think that will be the case in this instance, it's still best to not get your hopes up. Honestly, at this point, I would rather SoE take longer and the servers be safer and our sensitive information be better protected without any cracks in their infrastructure than for them to come up sooner and not be as safe.

Last edited:
Login /account authorization server is shut down again as of 9am eastern.

Immediate server reply of "The operation timed out". Not the previous "Server could not be contacted"

So it's still physically up, but it is not processing logins.

Was up and working a total of 14 hours.

Everyone in game who was already logged in are not being kicked out, but I have a feeling they are going to be soon.

Last edited:
I can't even get to the change password page. Was a giant ball of fail. They did succeed at getting my hopes up for a rainy Sunday though!

I can't even get to the change password page. Was a giant ball of fail. They did succeed at getting my hopes up for a rainy Sunday though!

Yeah i commented on that in a seperate post ... password change app is being slammed hard.... resulting in a timeout of the app and their generic ERROR message.

Try try try... eventually it will go through.. took me 3 hours to reset 4 accounts.

I did manage to login one account only to find my custom UI broken .... but of course there is no mention of any UI change in the patch ( sigh )

Last edited:
Yeah i commented on that in a seperate post ... password change app is being slammed hard.... resulting in a timeout of the app and their generic ERROR message.

Try try try... eventually it will go through.. took me 3 hours to reset 4 accounts.

I did manage to login one account only to find my custom UI broken .... but of course there is no mention of any UI change in the patch ( sigh )

Seems odd they prompt everyone to reset their password before they're able to play, and they have this going on. You would think they prepared themselves for something like this.

Note: I did all 12 of mine within 5 mins yesterday evening. I wanted to do it in off peak hours to avoid this exact situation. I'm just surprised it happens all things considered.

if you have a custom animations file you must add the verisign.tga reference in it to fix.

so is eq down or is there password reset just being overloaded? i reset 7 passwords last night no prob, just a huge patch so i decided to go to bed.... now all i get is operation timed out error

Looks like log-in and password reset is down - servers are still up, just no one not already on can log in.

Login server works fine for me now, but I still can't reset passwords on other accounts.