all digital now

charlieonly

Lifetimer
Reaction score
So cable went all digital last night for my area even basic channels I cannot get any more through the cable line.They say the fcc gave them permission now to go all digital and fck me in the face monthly.

I do not want there box they rent me or an extra remote.Thats why I went with cable and not satellite before.

Is there anything out there I plug in line to get my basic channels back?

Either a new TV that has a digital tuner, or a digital converter box. They used to be giving coupons for those so it was nearly free when the transition started, but those since expired.

Check out this Best Buy site: Digital TV Transition- BestBuy

Only cable Co box or a tuner that supports cable cards will work with cable.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

When the switch happend in my area, we were "prepared" with multiple digital set top boxes. But after the change, the ONLY digital channels that came in clear, without artifact bullshit and glitchy reception was UNIVISION and TELEMUNDO......fucking CRYSTAL CLEAR.....all the local channels....horribly weak. HUGE let down...its obviously on purpose to fuck you if you dont buy your local crap piped in by COX or ATT...buy a separate Roof mounted VHF Digital receiver and booster and enjoy the lightning...no rabbit ears, powered or not, would work worth a shit. Glad the FCC freed up a chunk of the analog spectrum that NO ONE FUCKING BOUGHT. Claro? Hasta Luego

So cable went all digital last night for my area even basic channels I cannot get any more through the cable line.They say the fcc gave them permission now to go all digital and fck me in the face monthly.

I do not want there box they rent me or an extra remote.Thats why I went with cable and not satellite before.

Unless it's the local news you're looking for, just torrent your shows. If you have a fast connection it doesn't take long and the commercials are cropped out. Most shows that I'm aware of are uploaded the same day they are aired.

Last edited:

Unless it's the local news you're looking for, just torrent your shows. If you have a fast connection it doesn't take long and the commercials are cropped out. Most shows that I'm aware of are uploaded the same day they are aired.

You miss the whole point of having tv shows playing in the back ground.

I love having Rachael Ray or Doctor Oz playing in the back ground as I work around the house. Not that I actually watch the whole episode but you can still watch an episode.

To download fluff tv shows for the background is less then ideal, specially with companies starting to monitor bandwidth usage.

I bought one here Digital Cable Box Savings & Much Much More! and the service is great the cable company will try and tell you that you have to have there box but its bs. The fcc passed a law that they cannot prohibit you from using a third party box and if they dont comply can be fined.
CableCARD: Know Your Rights | FCC.gov

I use a spare Windows 7 PC, with an InfiniTV - CableCARD Tuners for the PC. It's for cable (does not work for OTA Transmission) and it can tune 4 channels at a time. Then you also get DVR for free, limited to your HDD space.

That doesn't address the bandwidth issue at all. And with Comcast starting to cap bandwidth across their network, it's a real issue. I just wish OTA worked better and there was an alternative to Comcast where I live. I work from home and have to have broadband for my telecommuting. Xfinity ass-rapes though.

That doesn't address the bandwidth issue at all. And with Comcast starting to cap bandwidth across their network, it's a real issue. I just wish OTA worked better and there was an alternative to Comcast where I live. I work from home and have to have broadband for my telecommuting. Xfinity ass-rapes though.

If you live in a market where data caps are enforced. Most markets in the US aren't data cap enforced. In all user agreements there is a cap but it's not enforced unless you start reaching over a TB a month. You can also download several seasons in SD via torrent at a relatively low data rate. He was using SD anyways if all he had connected to the back of his TV was a coax. I think there are some deals in place that Hulu and Netflix are working out with ISP's that address data cap issues.