Account taken back

neum

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Just FYI I bought a account around 9 months ago that was listed here. I cant log in today it was ganked back. I got a email form SOE saying the account info was changed. I bumped up the thread that it was being sold on in the trash can thing. I am not real upset I knew the risks but still sucks.

yeah I emailed SOE to get it banned I hope they will.

If your at a dead end forward me every single bit of information you have about the transaction and I mean everything you can think of and I'll see what I can do about it.

Fry.

here is a snippet of the paypal transaction hehe I have his name

Name:

Email:

Total Amount:
-$200.00 USD

Date:
Oct. 6, 2006
Time:
11:50:43 PDT
Completed

Subject:
rogue

Last edited:
I got it back now

Here is my first email and the reply then my reply. It starts from the bottom up. The two main toons on the account are XXXXX 70 rogue and XXXXXX a 52 monk. I havent seen them logged in yet but they are on the XXXX server.
Also notice the Log in and secret answer in the email below.

Last edited:
i knew vinem when i was on povar, he has done that before.

If you buy an acct, be smart about it...

1) Xfer the toons to an acct that you are the original owner of....

2) Let the billing laps for at least 30 days then restart the acct....

These are two ways, that you will be the "Original Owner" of the characters you bought.

Qendar

Sounds like this response is just copied from a manual. I would try again and again. Also call them and talk to someone live, and perhaps they might not read a reply directly out of a manual. Explain what happened, and verify with that you paid for the account during such and such time, explain that the account is now stolen, and that since you lost touch with the original owner you can only verify the most recent account information.

If I let an account laps for 30 days will I need the secret question or any of that jazz to restart it? I have 3 accounts from now retired friends and I always worry as I can't really even change the passwords or secret questions. Most of them are old Army buddies and I've lost track of one of them completely.

Pay with your CC then cancel the account. Once its been innactive for a month(some say 2 weeks) reactivate it, this typically resets you as the original CC info. from that point you can work them to change your SQ

I called in and said someone was hacking my account and I needed to change my secret question. I only had to supply the last credit card used on the account to get the secret question on all 11 of my accounts changed. I did this today and she sounded like the policy was "latest cc info proves ownership". Next week I plan on shuffling toons between accounts (for better groups not safety).

better groups!

I had an idea today that could lead to a lot of abuse but would be really cool. What if for $200, I could shuffle all my toons around between 5 accounts for a month? Set right those things which once went wrong.