Account Recovery question

deathstryker

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions for getting around the 24 hour lock out period on resetting a password on one of my accounts? I am trying to get access back to one of my other accounts and I keep running into the same wall whenever I try a different password combo. I have to keep waiting 24 hrs. Any help would be appreciated.

Call them. Verify yourself to the CSR and see if they can help you

I haven't reset the password since 2010, and the other issue is that I purchased the account back in 2008 and don't remember the answer to the secret question however I do and can verify the credit card on file.

Pretty sure Dealings meant reset the password after the hackings last year. Every account was forced to change the PW.

Basically yes, I am trying to recovery my passwords from the mass password reset from the hacks that happened a few years ago.

But to add to this story which may help anyone as well.

I went into live chat with sony, and had to wait about 30 minutes during the chat session but was able to get 3 of the accounts that I wanted recovered.

Basically I couldn't remember the secret answer to 2 of the 3 accounts. But was able to verify my billing and the card on file used during the billing and not only did they recover all 3 accounts, but allowed me to choose a new secret question and password for 2 of the accounts as well. As well I wasn't the original account owner on 2 of the 3 accounts either. But I found that being very polite, but assertive ultimately helped me into getting all 3 accounts recovered with zero issue. They initially questioned me and said I wasn't the original account owner, but I said look, all 3 accounts are under my primary email address, and all 3 accounts have the same cc info tied to each of them. With that in mind the rep. finally got them approved.

Hopefully this will help anyone else out there trying to recover accounts.

Be polite and have the exact billing info. match what they have on file, will most of the time get them to change your account secret question and answer.

Good way to get around the 'not original owner' issue is to (if asked) explain that your kid/brother/sister/spouse/parent (insert viable relative of choice, even boyfriend/girlfriend/room mate, based on age or circumstances) created the account for you and put their name on it not thinking at the ime, but its been your account since opening.

I have some 25 accounts out there currently associated with my email address(es) (not all active or 'gold' of course) and countless others Ive sold or given to others. Only about 5 of them actually have my name as owner. Yet over the years I've called and had no trouble (even back in the das when they insisted names ad to match) working with them. When asked I just explain that the name was input by - I tend to like the ex-spouse cover - and they are happy to oblige.

Of course by now, if anyone over there ever made the one cations, they'd think I have 15 ex husbands and 20 some odd kids, all of whom play EQ :p. just call me the EQ version of Max Klinger :p

Last edited:
MASH is such a great show!
Sorry for the O/T

I also have just said I made the account for my GF. she didn't feel like playing, can I change the secret q/a and had no issues. Cousin, Brother, ex of any kind all work. As long as you are the one paying for it.