$5 off SOE game cards

The clerk at the Gamestop I went to was in college, and clueless as well. He didn't even know what they were till I explained it to him too.

I'm sure though if you asked him anything about the EBgames channel that plays in an endless loop, running on the tv behind the sales counter, he'd school me pretty good about all that information!

Last edited:
At Walmart most of the clerks in the electronics dept are "clueless" to the point that I usually bring in a card I've used to show them what it looks like. Then the fog in their brain clears long enough that they can direct me to the aisle where they rack game cards and similar items.

At least in Walmart such clerks have the excuse that they're responsible for a lot of different product lines: from hi-def TVs to cell phones. There's ZERO excuse for a Gamestop clerk to be ignorant of such a product line.

I've interviewed Gamestop employees in employment application situations. What I've perceived from this is the level of training there is abysmal. Basically they're expected to use whatever knowledge they've acquired from playing their Xbox systems at home and that's it.

That's why I hate shopping at retail stores. I only do it if I absolutely need something right away or if a deal is exclusively in store like this one. Otherwise I just stick to Amazon. Free two day shipping, cheap over night shipping and $8 Saturday delivery gets me what I need quick enough. I wish this SC deal was available online. :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

I've interviewed Gamestop employees in employment application situations. What I've perceived from this is the level of training there is abysmal. Basically they're expected to use whatever knowledge they've acquired from playing their Xbox systems at home and that's it.

Personally, I only ever went to game stop to shop for used console games. I must say, while I was in the US, the one I went to in my hometown, there was one girl there who was a lexicon of console games. She was always spot on with her recommendation for games, even some of the not-so-mainstream titles. I rarely have high expectations going into retail stores, since the majority of employees are punk high school / college kids.

There are exceptions to every "rule".... well, most rules. I've managed retail most of my work life and I'm regularly amazed how some newly hired employees will excel in performing their duties while others of whom I had tremendous expectations performed terribly. I'm not naïve enough to believe that how someone acts in an employment interview is going to be how they act on the job but the difference sometimes can be utterly astounding. We use secret shoppers to evaluate their retail performance and I've had cases where I just could not believe the secret shopper report was of the same person I interviewed and hired.

If a Gamestop employee is ignorant of a $5 discount promotion of THIS sort, that's a corporate and management failure. If a Gamestop employee is ignorant of PC gaming when they're hired, well although it's amazing that someone with an interest in electronic games could be SO clueless, again I'd say that's a corporate and management failure not to provide the necessary training. But my biggest gripe about the EMPLOYEES at Gamestop is that a lot of them don't seem to give a shit. I suspect they get ZERO commissions. Because most of them make NO effort to find what you're looking for, OR to see if an item can be "special ordered."

Of course, it's even worse at Walmart! That's why I'd sooner get 4 wisdom teeth removed without anesthetic than to shop at Walmart altho when Sony has a triple-SC promotion I don't have a choice other than to try to go "off times" so I don't get run down by women with loaded carts trying to keep track of their 5 or 6 juveniles...