Double XP Weekend + 40% Off All Marketplace Items + 50% Off All Expansions

Fry

Fry Guy
Reaction score
Website
www.mmobugs.com
Daybreak announced double XP and 40% off marketplace items for the next week. They also announced 50% off Expansions for EverQuest for the next month. Here are the two announcements from Daybreak Gaming.

Ready to spend a long and fulfilling weekend in Norrath?

From 12PM PT on Thursday, September 1, 2016 until 12PM PT on Tuesday, September 6, 2016, ALL players will receive Double XP!

Additionally, members will receive 40% off all marketplace items! If you’ve been waiting to pick up something from the Marketplace, now is the perfect time!
Not an All Access member yet? With bonuses, discounts, access to new content, and more, there’s never been a better time to join!

https://www.everquest.com/news/september-2016-bonus-xp-marketplace-sale-eq

Between 12PM PT on Thursday, September 1, 2016 and 12PM PT on Tuesday, October 4, 2016, expansions will be available to players for 50% off, including all released versions and upgrades!

Are you an All Access Member? You’ll receive an additional 10% off expansions during the sale!

Don’t miss your chance to get huge discounts on the Premium or Collector’s Edition of EverQuest: The Broken Mirror. The unique bonus items that come with EverQuest: The Broken Mirror won’t be available with an expansion purchase once pre-orders begin for our next expansion!

Not an All Access member yet? With bonuses, discounts, access to new content, and more, there’s never been a better time to join!

https://www.everquest.com/news/the-broken-mirror-expansion-sale-discount

It's a little disconcerting to see a rush of sales lately. I've felt lately EQ hasn't been getting the attention it used to get under SoE. It will be interesting to see how much content is in this next expansion. Daybreak has done a pretty good job with the true-box servers though and that should have increased subscription numbers a bit, but you can see a lower playerbase on regular servers. The bans for expansions a few months ago was certainly a huge mistake, and cost them quite a few veteran players.

What are your thoughts on all these sales and health of EQ?

I hope eq has a lot of time left in it but I'm not overly confident. I think it has been grossly mismanaged and the player base has been constantly lied too. They are swinging a nerf bat like never before and not giving any reason why or what direction they are taking the game. I still have fun playing but it is very frustrating at times. Loads of servers are down to 1 raid guild or none I've heard. I think Bristlebane and FV are the only servers with a decent population but I might be mistaken. I would be curious to know if your guys subs have went up over the last few years because the acceptance of Mq has went up and because population is lower leading to more groups being boxed.

I think some server mergers might be in order, although it sends the wrong signal, for sure.

Even FV, where I play, is pretty quiet these days. Check the /guild recruitment board. Over the last week, just 3 guilds, two legit raiding guilds and one guild supposedly orientated toward cyber-sex, which has to be a joke (since, LOL, I never see any members on-line!) The guild board is always a decent way to check on the health of a server at any given time, I think.

Basing an xpac on Kunark, the biggest xpac ever, almost guarantees a disappointment, especially if they do the 2-week beta thing, like last year.

Guess Daybreak really likes losing money, gotta be All-Access to get the 40% discount in marketplace.:mad:

Would have made some sales for a few accounts but oh well, their loss. These people really don't understand market volume.

What are your thoughts on all these sales and health of EQ?

I think this weekend's sale on 40% off and dbl exp weekend is normal for a yearly. It's Labor Day weekend here in the US.

As for the sale last week regarding membership at $72 a year. Its a long time coming, their subscription model really needed a revamp after 2003 surprised its taken this long to get here. The model was way overpriced for today's times with so many games that other people play. I expect this was a test run to see how many subs they picked up, and if they can extropolate it to change their price scheme going forward. I can't imagine that majority of the player base is locking into yearly sub prices for the last several years given the lack luster content they've been putting out.

My guess is majority of the player base that does sub from Daybreak buys the 3 or 6 month sub plans. The rest of us on monthly or the free route, use Krono.

As for the health of EQ, I think it will end when we see the next EQ killer (i.e. what WoW did back in 2003).

Last edited:
in all honesty they picked one of the greatest expansions in the game to redo. if done right it will be like going back in time and I can see people returning especially if they revamp some of the old quests, but in long term they need to do something to attract customers people don't even know about eq any more..

Guess Daybreak really likes losing money, gotta be All-Access to get the 40% discount in marketplace.:mad:

Would have made some sales for a few accounts but oh well, their loss. These people really don't understand market volume.

I think this weekend's sale on 40% off and dbl exp weekend is normal for a yearly. It's Labor Day weekend here in the US.

As for the sale last week regarding membership at $72 a year. Its a long time coming, their subscription model really needed a revamp after 2003 surprised its taken this long to get here. The model was way overpriced for today's times with so many games that other people play. I expect this was a test run to see how many subs they picked up, and if they can extropolate it to change their price scheme going forward. I can't imagine that majority of the player base is locking into yearly sub prices for the last several years given the lack luster content they've been putting out.

My guess is majority of the player base that does sub from Daybreak buys the 3 or 6 month sub plans. The rest of us on monthly or the free route, use Krono.

As for the health of EQ, I think it will end when we see the next EQ killer (i.e. what WoW did back in 2003).

I think one of the main problems is this 'All-Access' thing
It would be interesting to see them lower the price (making up numbers here)

5$/mo for 1 game

11$/mo for all games

I imagine many people would get the 5$/mo for 1 account and forget about it, which is great for them

The all-access thing, maybe 1-2% of people play multiple of their games.

Speaking of which I think if I start subbing a lot again I will be getting into EQ2 as it also has isxeq2 to play around with.
Would be able to be botting EQ1 stuff and also playing EQ2 at the same time with the same account.

A decent 200$ used PC from ebay with a 200$ vid card (400$) should be able to play 6x eq1 characters and 6x eq2 characters at the same time if you wanted to.

Most i5 or i7 laptops from past 3 years with a dedicated GPU (for eq2) would be able to as well I imagine.

Last edited: