3 box merc advice

Dogstar

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Yeah, I ask a lot of questions but this is the best place for good EQ help.

I am 3 boxing a 90 ranger w T5 healer merc ; 90 beast w T5 rogue merc; 90 chanty each w T5 merc w T5 tank merc.

The ranger is really the tank as he has like 7300 AC & 72K HP when buffed; he is really well equiped. I like playing this team as the chanty provides CC and the dps is pretty good.

My question is: the tank merc often steals aggro from the ranger; would I get more dps from switcing the T5 tank merc to a T5 rogue merc?

Thanks,

would I get more dps from switcing the T5 tank merc to a T5 rogue merc?

Yes. But I feel like there's more to your question that you didn't elaborate on, as obviously a Rogue merc is going to be better DPS than a Tank merc.

Are you asking if Tank Merc + Ranger in DPS mode (not tanking) is more DPS than Ranger tanking + DPS merc?

You can get a macro / snippet to tell your merc to engage at so and so percent, or keep it on assist and mark ranger as main assist, though it cans till take aggro.

merc

Zeta, since my ranger is pretty strong and the healer is his, I think I would prefer that he be the tank and not have the merc tank take aggro from him, especially if the rogue merc can provide more DPS.

I think my ranger is actually thicker/stronger than a T5 tank merc. the ranger has Hot raid armor and 5000+ AAs.

Gotcha. Yeah definitely switch to a Rogue Merc then and let your Ranger tank full time if you're rocking raid gear.

Should not have the healer merc on your main tank, whoever that is. I would switch the ranger to a dps merc and have the chanter with the healer.

Why not just make a real war and 4 bot and dump the war merc?

In group content a real war makes things easy if geared properly and has the right aa's just attack and move you your next toon. I am not a big fan of warrior mercs.

I bot a war, rogue, chanter and zerker at times and I can burn the zerker or rogue most times with no aggro issues and I don't even use hate augs in the warriors weapons.

Just a thought my friend...

Mall~