2nd gpu

Noah3

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
i already had an unnecessary amount of eq accounts, but with the new hc now i have double that. back a cpl years ago when i used to play all day everyday i had 2 machines to handle my accounts.
i recently came across a machine on craigslist that i would have been a fool to pass up along with the new machine i already had from the day after thanksgiving sale.
the machine i got from craigslist has a 680 classified 4gb, intel i7 3770, 32gb ram.....
my other machine is amd fx 8350, 16gb ram, and no gpu atm.. i thought i was going to sell it to offset the cost of the craigslist one, but noone is calling with interest.. then they offered free hc so i figured i would put it to use.....
the problem is (i took my gpu back to best buy(it was a 760) since i was within my time frame to return when i got the other machine) i have no gpu in it..

my plan is to put half accounts on each pc and then my main on my laptop..

i am back in the market for a gpu.. my options thus far are,,,
someone is selling a 780 for $350 used, another person is selling a 570 for $100, another person is selling 2x 670 ftw for $475 or 1 for $240, and lastly bestbuy is selling a 770 4gb(if i use amazon discounts etc) for $365 new...

finally my question is what would be the best option considering im only playing eq... should i go all out or settle for the 570 or somewhere in between would be best?

Last edited:
like new less then 2 months old very very light use total maybe 10 hours on it

So it lasted 10 hours before he fried it.

hahaha, i looked into it and tiger is selling the 780ti msi and gigabyte right now, new for $650 2nd day air . this guy wont budge off $660 so good luck to him...
that card would be pretty awesome to have, but i just wouldn't feel right spending rent on 1 component

Last edited:
of course it would not feel right, it would feel amazing ! go big or go home

I was running 12-14 accounts on a GTX280 without problems, how many are you trying to run?

i can run 12 accounts off a sapphire 6870 and a quad core amd so ya don't need much

in that case it sounds like the 570 is my best bet.... i havent played in a cpl years but before i had 8 accounts on 1 pc and 4 on another. i had a quad core phenom 2.3 with 8gb ram,(hp pavilion) and a dual core amd 2.6 4gb ram (dell inspirion)..the hp had a gpu i picked up @ bestbuy for $60 in 2009 and the dell had one i picked up @ staples for $35 in 2011...i had face all my casters @ the wall or the ground and the settings on the game and the computer tuned as low as possible to avoid lag.
this time i have the means to not have to do that and really be able to open it up.
however even though i am excited i dont need to be so foolish, so if an insane gpu will make no real difference than the 570 for $100, than thats the route i am going to go

I'm personally running the EVGA 770 Super Clocked. Love it - haven't had any problems with it so far. My computer stays on 24/7, so we're looking at almost 365 days of time the GPU has been on and running. On average I game about 3 hours a night, so we're looking at over 1k hours under load.

its settled, i got a 780 still wrapped in the box for $375 off some kid whose mom bought him 3 and he could only use 2... now today i will set up all my accounts. im excited. thank you again everyone for the input