Search results

1. R

getting off Test

Not true. TDS was granted on Test about two weeks ago. Right before the expansion livestream, roughly. EDIT: I should note, it's not reflected on the login server page (You have X of Y expansions enabled) but the zones are available. All of my accounts say 19/21 but I've been to Tempest Temple...
  2. R

How to level from 1-55 fast

Bone chips quests were nerfed into the ground in the last patch. 10 bags of bone chips in Kaladim might get you to level 11 or 12 (MIGHT). I should note that on Hatching a Plan, you should kill Gulvak outright. When a low level mob has an unresistable knockback and toss up that works even...
  3. R

Group composition/level spread

No. And I'm not using active hacks either. I'd LIKE to get to the point where I could do them AFK but I'm not there yet. I guess I'm just paranoid. People don't need a reason to report someone, after all. And even though it's been years since the last time I used an active hack (2008ish...
  4. R

New Expansion

When? The only mention to new spells I heard was when they kept saying Dzarn was working on new AAs and when Aristo was describing the new "progressive" spell that would be "powerful and useful". Something about it gaining power and usefulness as you progress through the expansion. I didn't hear...
  5. R

New Expansion

They seemed to indicate that preordering was it. When they went on about how high end guilds are better at following instructions and how they [high end guilds] don't mind doing the same broken encounter 50 times until they (the devs) figure out where and why a script isn't executing properly...
  6. R

New Expansion

Well you know what they say about people with bigger illusion keys....
  7. R

New Expansion

Yeah, my Rogues and Bards have tons of illusion items, almost none of which I actually use. I can't even imagine having a use for 50 illusion slots. But I'm sure there are folks who'll find that useful. The livestream starts in about 90 mins so I'm hoping they'll actually give more detail than...
  8. R

Group composition/level spread

I have a question about group setup since I think I'm doing something wrong. I'm trying to bootstrap some of my lower level toons using the higher level ones. The problem is, I think I might be shooting myself in the foot. The XP the lower toons are getting is complete crap and I think it might...
  9. R

Clicky Buffs continuosly casting

I had this problem with MQ2Bot. What I did was just change the ini section: UseAutoFire=0 UseAENukes=1 UseAura=1 UseClickyBuffs=0 UseClickyNukes=1 Since clickies are permanent now, I don't need the bot to handle that.
  10. R

EverQuest Update Notes: September 23, 2015

Ah, I should've known. The nerf happened because of TLP. That I don't understand. They can make targeted changes but chose to go global with this one? It's completely inconsequential on Live. Since when have the 50s mattered on Live? The XP for the Kaladim quest basically fell off a cliff at...
  11. R

EverQuest Update Notes: September 23, 2015

This nerf, was HARSH! The non-Kaladim quests give about 25% of what the old Kaladim quest did and the Kaladim quest was straight up butchered.
  12. R

Expansion purchase question

Mid-November for release. EQ2Wire ‏@EQ2Wire Sep 19 .@TheWindstalker Launch (Nov 10/17ish) or Preorder (Oct 1st)? Details schmetails I know. ;) 0 retweets 0 favorites Reply Retweet Favorite More Holly Longdale ‏@TheWindstalker Sep 19 @EQ2Wire Until launch, not pre-order...so sometime...
  13. R

If you were to start fresh

m0nk, those are all great combinations ordinarily. But when you're talking progression servers (especially this particular flavor of them), you really have to look at which classes step into their primary roles the quickest. Shaman slow doesn't really come into its own until Turgurs at 51 and...
  14. R

If you were to start fresh

SK + CLR + WIZ, all Dark Elves Now, before you think I'm daft, lemme 'splain. On TLP, I tend to look for early blooming classes with impact. The above trio gives you a group that is functional from level 1. You can add ANY classes to complete the group and it wouldn't negatively impact its...
  15. R

Have you all seen this petition?

Every MMO developer has an internal/test environment. The difference is, all those other developers keep that server, well, y'know, internal. They may let a few community members they trust/respect try stuff out (Arcanaville in CoH had this privilege, from what I understand) but they didn't...
  16. R

How EQ calculates AC

Didn't see this posted anywhere and figured someone might get some use out of it. Dzarn broke down the calculations EQ does to determine true AC and such. https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/ac-vs-acv2.210028/ (Mods, if this has already been posted, nuke this, please :) )...
  17. R

looking high 70's low 80's instance

Beza & Zeka also, though it doesn't respawn so you'd have to reget the mission every so often. Clockwork Warmarshal in Fortress Mechanotus gives the mission. Zeka is the higher of the two.
  18. R

new expansion

Yes but filthy cheaters exploit that. Consider: 1) Preorder expansion 2) Level/AA toon(s) to current max 3) Sell account to unsuspecting buyer 4) After receiving payment but before giving account details, cancel preorder 5) ???? 6) Profit? You've just sold a level 100, max AA toon and the...
  19. R

new expansion

Hate to say I called it but... I did. :) Sounds cynical but SOE is in a very unique position of previously being the top dog and nowadays, arguably not even being top five. Normally when something like that happens, the former top dog is consumed/devoured by one of the dogs that surpassed...
  20. R

new expansion

They bust you down and delevel the characters. They just fixed the CotF issue. https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/preorder-expansions-taken-away-then-deleveled.203330/ I don't much care since the only character I have who benefited did so by accident/bug (with 99.9% into 95...