Search results

1. K

Buying WTB level 70-75 content raid clears on any live server

If you have a box crew on a live server that you can use to do some DPoB, PoR, TSS (FC/AG) or TBS (i.e. Solteris) clears, send me a PM. I'm making a level 75 twink I can come back to and play for fun just as a kind of EQ minigame when I don't have time for current content.
  2. K

Susan Rice unappreesh

I figured I'd better not let the rare opportunity to concur with my Republican comrades pass idly by: Good riddance to Susan Rice and her bid for Secretary of State. Y'all can hate her all you want over this Libya/Benghazi business. I'm just glad that someone who is so hotheaded and immature...
  3. K

David Petraeus

I'd like to hear from the Republican, military members of the board on this whole boondoggle. Personally? Paula Broadwell = would not do.
  4. K

Ragnarok Online -- story tips?

I never really write stories for the media desk at my paper, but I've been asked to do a feature up their alley and I figured I'd do something MMO-related. The big MMO over here (in Japan) is Ragnarok. Has anyone ever tried it or know anyone who plays? You can dig around for a hundred years...
  5. K

MMOBugs + EQ Patcher issues

Hey all, Been having a lot of problems since last patch. On the MMOBugs front, patcher works successfully until it says 'successfully connected to update server' but then it just hangs up at 0 percent updated for about a minute. Then I get a pop up error window that says 'Failed to connect to...
  6. K

Back playin' music.

Some of you around the forum for a while know that a few years ago I had a traumatic brain injury that affected my fine motor skills, which put the kibosh on my RL work (musician). I've rehabbed a lot, and though I'm largely working as a writer/teacher nowadays, I am getting some music work...
  7. K

State of EQ plat selling?

Just came back after a long absence, and I re-subbed ye 'ole twink account to discover I'd saved a pretty tidy amount of plat up on him. I'd like to unload/sell it, or at the very least move it to my main, but I was recalling that around the time I quit Sony seemed to be cracking down on plat...
  8. K

Has new band.

So about 2 years removed from my head injury, I can play guitar well enough to fake my way through a song again. I'm playing in a new band now. We got a couple songs done: www.revolutionchords.com/aademo We're going back into the studio to finish the record in a couple weeks. We'll probably do...
  9. K

Radar detectors.

So I haven't been pulled over in about five years until recently when I bought my Porsche. I've only been driving it with regularity for a little over a month now and I've already been pulled over twice (no ticket either time). It seems like the cops find my new car a little more interesting...
  10. K

Weigh in on my new job teaching college?

So the following colleges offered me teaching positions: -UNC -UNLV -Pitt -Texas El Paso I've eliminated Pitt and El Paso, which leaves UNC and UNLV. I'm pretty well-versed in the differences between the schools in my field, but I've never lived near either school, so if anyone here has, I...
  11. K

terrible auto mechanics

So I just had to get my car worked on in NYC for the first time, meaning I had to find a new mechanic, which can be tough (I drive an '89 Porsche). The one I ended up using has been bar none the worst experience of my life. I have been lied to, I have been jerked around, I have had multiple...
  12. K

USA Hockey

Not only did they beat Canada last night, but in doing so they locked up the #1 seed. That means the teams they potentially have to contend with to get into a Gold Medal game are Finland, Switzerland, Belarus and Norway. Meanwhile, Sweden and Canada are going to have to play each other to get...
  13. K

snow unappreesh

Seriously, I don't know what's worse -- all this snow, or the fact that Americans haven't the slightest clue how to handle it. I lived in Northern British Columbia for a while, and in a lot of places it was pretty much a given that 2-3 feet of snow were going to fall every other day. Plows did...
  14. K

Official Recession Thread

Share your recession stories here. Things that would only happen in a recession. Funny, sad, etc. My story is that tonight I filed some job applications. Normally I might do a dozen or so in a good session. But given what my luck has been so far, I totally cracked out and did 50 (yes, FIFTY). I...
  15. K

cheating partners and the other dude

I found out my partner, who I've lived with for 18 months, is stepping out on me. I confronted her and she said she's been after this guy, but he's not interested in her. And I know for a fact that he doesn't know she's taken. She's gone to great lengths to hide that from him. So I'm finished...
  16. K

Space tourism!

Would anyone else out there totally be willing to fork over their left nut for a ride in one of these 'commercial' space craft that Richard Branson is building? Apparently a ride into space is going to cost $200,000. If I had it, I'd do it.
  17. K

Free weddings!

In the spirit of Christmas (or Kwanzaa or Chanukah, or Festivus), I'm offering to perform any member of the MMOBugs community's marriage ceremony free of charge. Just buy my plane (train, bus, etc.) ticket and put me up. I am an ordained minister and have performed several private ceremonies...
  18. K

A legal question

What does someone have to do to me to put me in a position where I'm defending myself by hitting him with one good, hard haymaker? Does he have to hit me close-fisted, or can it be something less egregious? Bear in mind I'm not looking to beat the hell out of this person, just hit them once to...
  19. K

standardized test unappreesh

Anyone taken the GRE? Studying for it right now and I can't believe I've put my 4 years into college just to have to take a test that's basically the SAT all over again. I think there's something severely wrong with the world when a loser like me (gigging musician and recording engineer who...
  20. K

pickup truck owners

I need a truck. One that's going to do OK in the snow (winters are harsh where I live and the roads out in the country don't get plowed very quickly), one that I can haul a lot of stuff around in (but not bricks or anything super heavy) and one that doesn't get horrible gas mileage because I'll...