Free weddings!

kirbanmanaburn

Lifetimer
Reaction score
In the spirit of Christmas (or Kwanzaa or Chanukah, or Festivus), I'm offering to perform any member of the MMOBugs community's marriage ceremony free of charge.

Just buy my plane (train, bus, etc.) ticket and put me up. I am an ordained minister and have performed several private ceremonies in the past. I also started teaching creative writing at the university level this past fall, and have published much of my own writing, so I'm happy to help write the ceremony.

Offer good in all states except NY and VA.

Offer good 'til next year or something. Happy holidays!

Fry, I already told you, I will not marry you no matter how convenient you make it!

Thanks for the offer n' all but fuck a free wedding! Divorce is the expensive part!! :mad:

Har Har Har~

BB

Yep. I can marry people in all parts of Australia legally.

And as far as divorces go, what better way to save money than to have some weird, barely-legitimate minister do your ceremony? You and your estranged spouse can both agree to tell the judge that my credentials were dubious and just call it a (much cheaper) annulment!

heh

nice to see that you thought out both sides of the wedding planning.
1) the wedding is legal and you get the bennies of being married.
2) my creds are kind of sketchy so you get a nice cheap annulment!

Way to work both sides of the street
lunchbox

I turned around and said to GF, "Hey wanna buy a plane ticket for a stranger and get married for free?".... She looked at me and chuckled a little then came the stern italian from her "And you think my mother is gonna approve... "

LOL, well, the credential I carry has been pretty much universally questioned in divorce cases, but the actual truth is that it's held up in every state except NY and VA, so you would be stuck with getting a real divorce unless you both agree to move to and file the papers in one of those states.

/em is a Universalist minister as well.

And don't forget the Church of Sub-Genius!

LOL, ding ding ding. A couple of my friends wanted me to marry them a few years ago and pointed me to the Universalist thing so I could do it. Done 3 other couples since. Not a bad deal for a grand total of $0 and 2 minutes of my time spent getting my ordination.

I'm getting married in March... but I already have a minister lined up. If that should fall thru (it won't) I will definatly hit ya up!! :D

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!