mq2 installs fail on win11 machines

loyal

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I am new to win 11 and have been setting up three machines which went smooth enough with eq but all three fail installing MQ2 and fail to launch with eqlaunch.exe with the failed message could not proceed because MSVCP100.DLL was not found.
I googled it and learned it is a Microsoft driver and purchased Drivereasy and have run it on two of the machines updating about 33drivers
I uninstalled MQ@ from both and reinstalled but they still do not work.
one says DLL still missing the other said it needed to run with administrator privileges so I when back to the internet to learn how to do that which I did. now it gives no message but still does nothing after the box do you want to let this program make changes?

both boxes will run after installation when you get the box to check read me and launch but then will not run from the installed eqlaunch.exe
one of my new machines runs eq without having asvcp100.dll

should I try copying a working install from another machine and replace the failed install?

I am so very frustrated. what can I try now? unfortunately I am not very computer literate.

I haven't used eqlaunch in years, well before win11, but it's just a normal MS VC compiled app I made, shouldn't take anything special.

It actually sounds like perhaps you don't have one of the redists installed, and the installer isn't catching it for you or something. That's listed in the stickies, and you'll at least need the 32 bit version as you're doing ROF2 and MQ is 32 bit for emu. I'd do the 64 also in case you ever want to run meshgen.

Those are listed in the stickies, but here are the links for you to install what you need:

VC Redist x64
VC Redist x86
.NET FrameWork 4.72
DirectX 9 Redist files

LMK if you still run into issues, I'm sure we can get you straightened out.

• Love
Reactions: EQDAB
BTW, as far as MQ - yes, you can just copy the entire MQ directory from the old machine to the new one, and then run MMOLoader from that dir on the new machine. You still need to install those packages above, but you don't HAVE to use the installer for MQ we make, that's just done to try to make it less work for most users to get up and running.

Reactions: loyal
I ran all 4 links DXp and .NET said could not proceed because it was already installed.
VC X64 appeared to install normally but X86 ran as a repair.
then I tried to start it and again it said could not proceed because MSVCR100.dll was not found. and reinstalling it might fix the problem.
I did and it did not.

I used EQlaunch because nothing else would act as executable. what should I use?

• Wow
I retried loading in with MMOloader after giving administrator permission. and it looked better. both had login starting graphics and appeared to DL updates neither will load mq2map but could far target and show the line to target both bazaar toons I logged a fighter in a combat zone and he could see spawns , far target and stick.
one machine returned an error box titled V8oWDnWH.exe entry point not found but may be working anyway .

I won't be able to log a combat team for a few hours but I am hopeful it is fixed

I learned that the MSVCR100.dll error only happens EQLaunch but not MMOLOADER.
several reboots later all machines seem to be working great. many fewer casting errors in fact between the 3 toons that are bots only 1 IF statement needed but I suspect there is 1 more

THANK FOR YOUR HELP AND ADVICE ESPECIALLY htw