Cut or uncut?

Alexandra

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Ok so I thought the forum should provide a ton of good insight. A family member is about to give birth to a boy...we were having dinner and circumcision came up.

She wants her baby to have and I think it is unnecessary.

I need some input...because I can't trust those other sites

If you are cut...

Do you regret it?
Do you have any issues?

If you are uncut...

Do you regret it?
Is there any downsides?
Do ladies frown on it?
What are the pros
What are the cons

Thanks for any thoughts and feedback.

Cut all the way. Hell no don't regret it, no issue whatsoever. I know many many of my lady friends think it's disgusting if a guy is uncut. My 2 cents!

Not cut here, pops chose not to, have 2 boys had em both circ, mostly to comform

some are starting to compare it to female genital mutilation (removal of the clitoris), some muslims believe desensitizing that area is a way to remove pleasure (sin what ever)

had 2 boys, both cut,was a tough choice, US is no longer a by far much higher number of cut vs uncut anymore and the trend is moving towards uncut according to the doc that delivered our babies, I probably did it to save em any hassles till its deemed not popular to circ.

Circ is deemed to not be medically neccessary as a child or adult, most of the world isnt and most of the world hasnt over history

its hard to take into consideration their sexual pleasure as they are babies, though regardless I would'nt do the muslim thing if it was a girl

I dont think about it anymore, though I think I made the choice out of perceived social pressure rather than their best interest in mind, I can tell you this I made the choice and wasnt happy about it, I just learned to let it go.

I dont spend much time comparing hard ons but there doesnt seem to be a difference visually once its hard (sorry for explicit), I know if someone told me now as an adult that I would loose feeling down there but would be a part of the majority id tell em to fuck off

Last edited:
We got all of our boys circumcised. I am too.

Pro's: A lot easier to clean. Girls seem to like it more since that's what everyone else has. Causes desentization of the head which makes for longer sex sessions vs the hooded guys(from Sexual Addiction show about it)

Con's: Causes desentization of the head which makes for longer sex sessions vs the hooded guys in results in guys not able to finish(from Sexual Addiction show about it)(yes I added this twice it's good and bad)

If you don't do it at birth then never do it. By the age of 13 the cleaning isn't a chore anymore and a reason to spend a little extra time with the privates.

My parents had mine done shortly after I was born.
I don't remember it at all. Probably hurt like hell.
Humans have been uncut for thousands of years though and lived through way worse conditions then us, mostly without problems.
However, my brother and his wife decided against it for their son. He ended up getting an infection and then ended up having him cut when he was 6. He is going to remember that for life!
Personally I would opt out of the cock in a sock, but hey that's from years of hitting the showers with a locker room full of guys...

If I have a boy, I will leave him uncut. If it is something he wants to do (for religion/whatever), it will be his decision...not mine.

prior to 1950 the practice even here in the US was more for arab or jewish families that from what I gather thought it was a way to contral sexual urges of the males

During World War I, the military led a concerted effort to circumcise soldiers and sailors because it was believed that this would make them less susceptible to venereal disease; military discipline forced men to submit to a procedure they would never have agreed to had it been left to their own decision

By the outset of World War II, the USA had circumcision rates of about 40-50 per cent

During the 1950s the rate of routine infant circumcision exploded from about 50 per cent to about 90 per cent

Even in the USA, however, more doctors are realising that it is unnecessary, harmful and unethical to deprive baby boys of their foreskin unless there is an immediate medical problem that can only be corrected in that way. For an indication of the trend of American mendicalthinking, see a recent article by Dr Roxanne Allegretti, of Fredericksburg, Virgina.

wikipedia stuff
Specifically, major medical societies in the USA,[57] Britain,[58] Canada,[59] Australia and New Zealand[3][dead link] do not recommend routine non-therapeutic infant circumcision

Studies indicate that male circumcision can reduce the chance of HIV infection in heterosexual men

the 1950s trend seems to be reversiing as there is no real reason to circumsice and its actually starting to bring up ethical questions about actually doing the elective surgery if there are no medical needs for it.

like I said its not an easy choice, and the support to do it seems to be to fit in the shower or cause "girls seem to prefer it" type of responses.

Last edited:
Catholics are unware that three Popes have condemned it, and Mormons are unaware that the Book of Mormon does also.

60% of US males are being circumcised (but over 80% of the world's males are intact) so 40% of American boys are leaving the hospital intact.

In England and New Zealand the infant circumcision rate is less than 1%, in Australia 10% and in Canada now down to 17%. All English speaking countries (outside of the U.S.) now have a combined infant and child circumcision rate less than 10%.

here is a quote about medical PREVENTION reasons to circumscise

Circumcision can be recommended as a preventive measure for phimosis, paraphimosis, and balanoposthitis. "These problems involve the foreskin directly, so circumcision prevents problems in the same way as pulling teeth would prevent cavities

I'm not cut and its freaking sweet! I can jerk off with my no lube easily cause I can just move the foreskin up and down. Plus the foreskin has as many nerves if not more as your palm does. Just rub your palm and you'll see what mean. So if you're cut you're missing out on all that stimulation.

About to have a baby boy in a couple boys, and I will have him cut. Why risk an infection? And, like it or not, we live in a cruel world, and getting it cut at birth is a hell of a lot better than him making the choice at 16, because dudes in the locker room won't stop making fun of him.

Giving in to social pressure? Maybe, but sorry, the world is full of a bunch of fucks.

I'm cut, and don't regret it in the slightest. De-sensitize? Hardly.

Mutilation? how so? I personally compare it to cutting off an ear lobe or something. Necessary? I suppose not. Millions of people for thousand of years have been going on just fine. But if I can maybe prevent some kind of infection, and prevent him ridicule and embarrassment because I do live in the USA, then I don't see a problem with it.

I'm not cut and its freaking sweet! I can jerk off with my no lube easily cause I can just move the foreskin up and down. Plus the foreskin has as many nerves if not more as your palm does. Just rub your palm and you'll see what mean. So if you're cut you're missing out on all that stimulation.

lol... I understand since you are not cut, you don't really know how a cut guy gets off, but you are wrong. The methods are the same.

Only reason to get cut is to be lazy with personal hygiene. The whole less sensitive/more sensitive is possible, but the fact remains if you use it all the time regardless you build up muscle and control giving you a better sexual experience. I am not of the belief that being cut is going to effect your longevity in the sack one way or the other.

Uncut.

Thanks. I think I am standing firm on against. I asked her if the insurance didn't pay would you still have it done? Most wouldn't pay out of pocket. My man is cut, but wouldn't care if he wasn't. Pleasure wise never been with uncut so have no clue.

I just really think insurance needs to stop paying for it and the practice would go away. It just seems most get to conform. We aren't Jewish so why do it?

This is why I love this forum, honest answers I can trust. Gaming and all of life's questions addressed. I love you guys. ;)

Last edited:
As of like 2011 some states have stopped allowing their medicaid programs from performing the procedure based on AMA recommendations as unneccessary (about 18 or so), not sure how many by now.

I think if I would have spent more time researching and less time thinking about what other guys thought about it when I was a kid back in the 80s I would have made a diff decision.

1st choice I made that way, 2nd choice I pepetuated the trend, didnt want him to one to feel diff from the other.

Last edited:
1. Circumcision is NOTHING like clitoral removal, which is a barbaric act intended to control women.

2. Circumcision has documented medical benefits.

3. The pleasure reduction is a valid issue that should be considered, especially if the patient is too young to be involved in the decision. I think it's arguable since most people don't have anything to compare to.

4. Trying to make circumcision ineligible for government medical coverage would be an example of social engineering that should be illegal. If they can provide free medical care to illegal aliens and gender-reassignment surgery to felons in prison, they can certainly provide payment for circumcision which aside from the "clouding" impact of religious involvement, has proven medical benefits.

5. It's unfortunate that this procedure is best done when someone is too young to be involved in the decision because no doubt it has gotta be a rougher procedure when done on an adult.

Thanks. I think I am standing firm on against. I asked her if the insurance didn't pay would you still have it done? Most wouldn't pay out of pocket. My man is cut, but wouldn't care if he wasn't. Pleasure wise never been with uncut so have no clue.

I just really think insurance needs to stop paying for it and the practice would go away. It just seems most get to conform. We aren't Jewish so why do it?

This is why I love this forum, honest answers I can trust. Gaming and all of life's questions addressed. I love you guys. ;)

The insurance is the only reason people are cut now, because they cover it. Back in 79 it was a couple of grand extra to do it as it was not considered part of the birth process but an extra.

The sad fact is a lot of people have insurance pay for it so the child doesn't have to be different then most of the other boys in the locker room.

Instead of teaching them that what you are born with is what you should learn to use in life. Not start the whole doing it because other people do it.

2. Circumcision has documented medical benefits.

3. The pleasure reduction is a valid issue that should be considered, especially if the patient is too young to be involved in the decision. I think it's arguable since most people don't have anything to compare to.

4. Trying to make circumcision ineligible for government medical coverage would be an example of social engineering that should be illegal. If they can provide free medical care to illegal aliens and gender-reassignment surgery to felons in prison, they can certainly provide payment for circumcision which aside from the "clouding" impact of religious involvement, has proven medical benefits.

5. It's unfortunate that this procedure is best done when someone is too young to be involved in the decision because no doubt it has gotta be a rougher procedure when done on an adult.

Link us some solid documented medical benefits of this. The only real proven + is it is less likely to get an infection.

Simply put, if you are to lazy/stupid to roll up your foreskin before you piss, you are going to get an infection from something else in life. If you again refuse to roll up your foreskin while you clean yourself, you again deserve to get an infection.

Its no different then a female having to take time to clean our her vagina when she showers. Just to make it easier for guys to be lazy is NOT medical benefits.

Then that, of course, brings in a whole bunch of other questions. You aren't born with tattoo's, piercings, body augmentations, but people have those as well.

The human race is a melting pot of conforming ritualists. To single out one specific idea or practice among the many is ignoring the fact that most of everything we do is to either fit in or "go with the flow". "You're unique and original just like everyone else."

I would say let the parents decide and do not provide any outside pressure one way or the other. The point at which we all believe it is our place to provide unsolicited advice is the point that I check out of the conversations.

Last edited: