Wow scamm... Again...

mancha

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Just recive this on my email... I wonder if anyone realy give this info...

Greetings!
It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell/trade your personal World of Warcraft account(s).
As you may or may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees.
If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership. If the information is deemed accurate, the investigation will be dropped.
This action is taken because we at Blizzard Entertainment take these sales
quite seriously. We need to confirm you are the original owner of the account.
This is easiest done by confirming your personal information along with concealed information about your account.
You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account by replying to this email with:

Use the following template below to verify your account and information via email.
* First and Surname
* Date of birth
* Address
* Zip code
* Phone number
* Country
* Account e-mail
* Account name
* Account password
* Secret Question and Answer If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently. Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.
We ask you to NOT change password until the investigation is fully completed.
Blizzard Entertainment Inc
Account Administration Team
P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92623Regards,Account Administration Team
Blizzard Entertainment

people actually fall for this?

Necroman

They only do it because it works. Trust me, there are definitely people who fall for this shit. Think of all the Nigerian scams that people fall for......

Wow... This depresses me in ways I wasn't aware of...

Hi please send me $10,000 and in return I will release the 20,000,000 your long lost auntie left you.

I get that damn email once a month for like the last six months! Was confusing the first time I got I saw the title and read the beginning because I don't have a WoW account...once you get to the part where they require you to give every last bit of info on the account it should be pretty obvious to anyone that it's a scam. That being said I agree with the above poster who said they wouldn't bother sending the emails if it didn't work enough for them to make something off it.

These were the same people I can remember seeing in chat channels on Battle.Net spamming the same thing. I can remember making some fake accounts and muling all my crap gear there and sending them the username and password, just so they could waste their time look at +1 life charms and rings (from diablo).

this kind of stuff is targeted at younger kids tho who treat their wow account better than their future girlfriend. So yea they'll fall for it

Hi please send me $10,000 and in return I will release the 20,000,000 your long lost auntie left you.

Hi I'm in another country and I'm a corrupt banker who found out that one of my customers has over 1 million dollars in my bank. BTW, he died last month and has the same last name as you. If you say you are in his will and help me complete this identity theft I'll share the money with you.