Would an all melee group be too obvious?

Dabrixmgp

Reaction score
Was thinking about running Warrior, Shaman, Bard, and 3x Zerkers. Is that practically holding up a giant flashing neon sign saying "I use MQ"? I used to run a full tank train box in DAoC but that game at least has a /stick command built in. Or at this point do they just not care as long as Im not bragging about it or disrupting a zone to draw attention to myself.

If you are worried about other players walking by and seeing you use MQ2, that set up will likely draw attention and get you some accusations. If you are worried about a gm ban or suspension, as long as you aren't being obvious with warping around the zone, afk botting, or doing something that is disrupting a zone, a gm likely won't take action. From what I've seen now more than ever is gms seem to be ok with MQ as long as you aren't doing something that annoys another player and forces a report.

Yea I just want them to /stick. Not gonna AFK or warp or any of that. Proly wont even automate their play.

Your setup is probably almost the best setup you can do for EoK. Zerkers do 150k dps sustained currently and warrior does 100k dps sustained.

And by sustained, I am talking about over 15 hours of continuous chain pulling without out of combat medding. Thanks to Breather, you never have to med endurance for the most part.

You may also want to consider swapping the bard for beastlord (to some it may seem redundant with the shaman you have in group). I don't know if that is ideal as I've never played a beastlord, but the only reason you would do so is for the endurance regen the beastlord provides. You also get some sorta HHE (hundred hands effect) from a BL.

Also, note bard dps sustained is 35k dps currently, yes really, its that bad.

I don't know what type of dps BL do, but I'm sure its 2x that of a bard currently.

If you need CC, then of course keep the bard, but I haven't had any issues tanking 3-4 in EoK with tier 2 group gear with warrior.

Lastly, it never hurts to box more than 6!

Bards

Bards in a group though tend to be more about how much they increase the other group members dps as opposed to how much there own dps is.

Lastly, it never hurts to box more than 6!

worried my PC wont be able to handle it.

i5-2500k
16 gigs RAM
GTX 960

I mean what would I even add?
Bard
Druid
Wizard
Wizard
Wizard
Wizard

or something more balanced to bring buffs I dont have

Beastlord
Druid
Enchanter
Mage (coth bitch)
Ranger
Wizard

Last edited:
Bards in a group though tend to be more about how much they increase the other group members dps as opposed to how much there own dps is.

ADPS vs an real dps class. I'll take the real dps class.

It would be like the equivalent of making a 6 berserker group vs a 1 bard + 5 berserker group. Pure dps is always better than adps.

He does lose CC which can be a huge factor on stiicking with bard.