Windows 10

Are you guys using any shitty overclocking programs?
Lol nope. I used to tweak but haven't for years. Stock everything

Also wunderkind, who knows, it could be! (I.e. I use pro)

Edit: lmao iPad safari correction wunaye to wunderkind

Last edited:
Funny the things you run into, and then have to research. :rolleyes:

I kept wondering why some of my shit in start menu was missing, figured meh, guess it just didn't import it all or something on the upgrade.

But then I noticed anything I installed after, would never show up in the start menu either. I could run it fine with Win-S (search), or Win-R (run), or whatever, but I kept putting shortcuts on my desktop, with the intention of figuring out what was hosed later.

Well, later came.

Started looking into it, and seems it is a known issue with Microsoft, that Windows 10 start menu has a max of 512 items (total, i.e., menu, submenus, global items, folders, etc.).

Checked mine, and sure enough, I had more:

view
startmenucount.png

I ended up installing Start10, and all is well. I will probably go back to the windows 10 one when they fix it, but these little nuggets/issues are weird.

htw

Last edited:
There's news all over now that Win10 can disable pirated games and software. Adds yet another reason to my list that I won't be upgrading :p

There's news all over now that Win10 can disable pirated games and software. Adds yet another reason to my list that I won't be upgrading :p

I'm sure they can do many things like they always have been able to since they do control the entire operating system.

Question is will they? probably not and I'm sure they've always had the power to do it if they wanted.

You're really just trying to find reasons to post negative about windows 10.

EDIT: Just so you know I've got pirated games on windows 10 and have had no issues.

Last edited:
You're really just trying to find reasons to post negative about windows 10.

Was this thread not started asking for opinions and info on Win 10? I'm just posting things as I find them out.

Beyond that, I got a legit copy of EaseUS Todo Backup when the developers were giving away promotional copies that Win10 refuses to run because it was "downloaded from the internet".

Also I have problems with some folder privileges even though I'm logged in with an administrator account.

I agree the OS is slick, but these annoyances caused me to revert back to Win7.